Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Goons threatening largest act of civil disobedience in Los A

Just got this by email

Goons threatening largest act of civil disobedience in Los Angeles History

The We Are America Coalition Joins Hotel Workers in Holding the Largest Civil Disobedience in the History of Los Angeles
    On September 28, 2006 the We Are America Coalition along with UNITE HERE, immigrant workers, religious leaders, community members, students, and immigrant rights leaders will march and hundreds will risk arrest to demand an end to the exploitation of immigrant workers. The march and civil disobedience will take place on the Century Corridor near the Los Angeles International Airport, an area with over a dozen hotels that employ thousands of immigrant workers. The protest will shut down Century Blvd. for several hours during rush hour traffic in the largest act of non-violent civil disobedience on record in the history of Los Angeles.

Millions of immigrant workers in the service sector in the United States earn poverty wages without access to affordable health care. “We know that once immigrants are able to obtain legal documents to remain in this country, the exploitation of immigrant workers by their employers continues,” said Maria Elena Durazo, Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor. “Millions of immigrant workers are living in extreme poverty. This is reprehensible and needs to change.”
    Patty Simmons, a food server at the LAX Hilton and an immigrant from Peru explains how despite working two full time jobs she struggles to make ends meet. “I spent three months separated from my husband and baby when we became homeless because we couldn't afford to pay rent. Now I work 18 hours a day and we live in one bedroom in a friend's apartment.”
    We Are America and UNITE HERE's press conference to announce this historic action comes on the heals of an announcement by House Republicans that they will not support the Senate Reid-Kennedy amnesty bill and will pass a new legislative package to strengthen border security.
    The immigrant rights groups will continue to focus efforts on legalization and to defend immigrants from legislative attacks but will expand their campaign to also address issues of discrimination and exploitation that immigrant workers face while in this country. “Congress is focused on passing legislation that does nothing to address the issues of discrimination and exploitation immigrants face in this country. We can not allow corporations to exploit immigrant workers for their own profit while hard working immigrants don't have enough money to feed their children, pay the rent, or access to healthcare,” said Angelica Salas, Executive Director of the Coalition of Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let them have at it the more exposure that americans see prior to the elections the better. It keeps it in their faces and angers them hopefully into action. If they were not in this country illegally they would not be exploited by greedy companies looking for slave labor. Go home and the problem will be solved
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“Congress is focused on passing legislation that does nothing to address the issues of discrimination and exploitation immigrants face in this country. We can not allow corporations to exploit immigrant workers for their own profit while hard working immigrants don't have enough money to feed their children, pay the rent, or access to healthcare,” said Angelica Salas, Executive Director of the Coalition of Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles.
    Funny but there there are hundreds of thousands of Americans who are rocking that same boat. If she is talking about ILLEGAL ALIENS I don't understand what the problem is in light of the fact that the border opens on both sides and if they are not happy here, I doubt any of us would be heartbroken if they leave the same way they came. After all, its not like they received engraved invitations.

You said it! If you don't like it here, LEAVE!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On September 28, 2006 the We Are America Coalition along with UNITE HERE, immigrant workers, religious leaders, community members, students, and immigrant rights leaders will march and hundreds will risk arrest to demand an end to the exploitation of immigrant workers. The march and civil disobedience will take place on the Century Corridor near the Los Angeles International Airport, an area with over a dozen hotels that employ thousands of immigrant workers. The protest will shut down Century Blvd. for several hours during rush hour traffic in the largest act of non-violent civil disobedience on record in the history of Los Angeles.
    Well. I agree with Ismith. They were not smart to enter another country illegally and I don't think this is going to be a very smart thing to do either. If they prove me wrong.....then you might say the illegals are showing Americans how you get something accomplished in our country.

I'm wondering if seeing their fellow countrymen uprising in Mexico is just making them want to get in on the action. Is that possible ? They started out with civil disobedience a few weeks ago and I heard on the news tonight it has progressed to much more....starting fires etc.

Banned
    ... hundreds will risk arrest to demand an end to the exploitation of immigrant workers.
    Hey, if they want an end to "exploitation" of (presumably themselves), why don't they keep on marching back across whatever border they crossed to get here?

IF WE DON'T START PROSECUTING COMPANIES FOR HIRING ILLEGALS, THIS CIVIL UNREST WILL ONLY BE JUST THE BEGINNING OF WHAT IS TO COME. It could have started in Stillmore, GA. But no charges have been filed against the employer.

As long as the rabbit is in front of the dog, the dog will continue the pursuit. We must prosecute the illegal employers.

I have a feeling that we will see a lot more of this civil disobedience (like France) because the illegals are not getting what they wants. They are here illegally and act as if they are entitled to rights that American Citizens do not even get such as health care, better wages, etc. I have to pay part of my health care and a few of the wage increases that I received placed me in a higher tax bracket and didn't help me at all. I have worked two jobs for the last three years in order to supplement my income, not to improve my standard of living, but just to help pay the bills. So what right do they have to complain about their standard of living?

suggestion

Take all those empty shipping containers that we are overloaded with (FROM CHINA) and ship them there!

Lets see how far they get with their hissy fits in China!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Goons Threatening Largest Act of Civil Disobedience in Los A

At the latest count, there are at least 60,000 American Citizens who have no health insurance. Althought I am "retired", I am still working to meet my medical bills and to pay utilities, buy food, etc. They are complaining because they feel "discriminated against" for being "exploited". Yet, they claim they came here because they had no work in Mexico. Give me a break! They HAVE NO RIGHTS! In fact, the illegal "trespassers" get better medical care than a lot of senior citizens who have devoted their lives working in the United States and defending their country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast