Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GOP health-care bill would drop addiction treatment mandate covering 1.3 million Amer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deport the drug cartels, stop the border tunnels and much of the "too available" heroin problem will be solved. One can start out with a $3 high starting that dark tunnel to a hundreds $$$ a day habit or death by overdose. It only takes 3 days of use to become addicted. The drug cartels are operating in all cities - if the DEA has a map of known cartels operating, GET RID OF THEM - they are criminal illegals.

Burn the poppy fields in Afghanistan - now.

The chinese are operating with the mexican cartels to supply a dangerous extremely powerful cut for heroin, the pharmaceutical fentanyl. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid analgesic that is similar to morphine but is 50 to 100 times more potent. Therefore a great increase in deaths.

I have no problem with that.

Why should I have to pay a higher premium so they get free treatment?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    I have no problem with that.

Why should I have to pay a higher premium so they get free treatment?
    You shouldn't. That's why I think we should end the War on Drugs, legalize, regulate, educate, tax under the FairTax, and provide free rehab to anyone who wants or needs it with FairTaxes as well as portions of state and local sales taxes only drug users pay when they legally purchase drugs. Something to think about.

Make it a domestic only enterprise, no imports, no exports, owned and operated A to Z by trained and licensed US citizens, regulate by age to purchase, quantity and quality, require an education on the real risks and consequences of using these drugs before you purchase, watch a film, read pamphlets, pass a quiz, etc., etc., all available in the licensed stores and give them a card when they've completed and passed the quiz, put warning labels and side effects information on all packages like they do at the pharmacy with the rehab hotline number and location of nearest rehab clinic, and then stop worrying about it.

This will put the foreign drug cartels out of business.

This will keep the $300 billion a year being sucked out of our economy every year in the United States where it belongs.

This will discourage drug use through the education program when they know the risks and consequences, especially young purchasers.

This will help those who are already addicted to have access to the help they need without charge to non-drug users.

This will remove the whole issue of rehab expenses from the health insurance issue.

This will encourage people to get help they need.

This will remove all the expense of incarcerating users and ruining their lives with arrests and convictions.

This will improve the safety and reduce the deadly consequences of killer drugs resulting from bad mixes.

In general, this reduces crimes, shuts down the cartels, saves lives, helps addicts, saves taxpayers, puts the drug revenues back into the US economy, discourages use, and greatly curtails illegal immigration fueled by the drug cartels. And, if done right, generates over $70 billion a year in new federal taxes only drug users pay.

It's not going to stop all drug use or save all lives, but in my mind as a civilized society, it will be the best that we can do for all involved and all affected by this particular human frailty in our country.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just watched Shawn Spicer daily White House briefing,

Shawn Spicer just indicated the new Ryancare would reduce monthly premiums by 10%.

Well I'm sorry traitor Ryan, who is re-writing Obamacare to accommodate his donors.....

You might as well just leave Obamacare in place because your version is worthless and does nothing to help the people who can't afford the premiums.

My pre-Obamacare 'Cadillac Insurance' cost me $248/month and it covered everything under the sun.

Under Obamacare I now pay over a $1000 month with less coverage and huge copay's.

Ryan's plan reducing my monthly premium 10% is a complete joke!

If I can't pay $1000/month, what makes you think I can pay $900/month?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Phase I won't get it right, it just sets the stage for it. Phase 2 and Phase 3 (repealing McCarran-Ferguson) will be what reduces premium costs through competition. Obamacare is highway robbery. There is just no explanation or justification for the hikes in your premiums and such drastic cuts in service. Government needs to get out of this one as much as possible. For you to pay $1,000 a month in premiums with huge deductibles and co-pays while 75 million people on Medicaid get 100% and their kids get dental too and pay nothing, I'm sorry, that's just wrong.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

To be honest, any healthcare plan put together in this short period of time is probably going to be worse than it's predecessor.

Since I personally don't think the government should be doing this, I'm not sure what a good plan would entail. It will take more than a couple of months to get the details ironed out, I believe.

It seems Medicare has restrictions on paying for medical equipment now. This is what I have been told by others, I don't know.

When I go to estate sales, there is almost always good medical equipment being sold for nothing.

Why not have a program that medical equipment is 'checked out' and returned when the need is no longer there.

There could be facilities that could check out, clean and refurbish the equipment and it could be reused.

When my Mother worked for the poverty program, that's what happened. The government had tons of surplus equipment and it was checked out to people in need and returned.

Think of the tons of money that would save.

Of course, if they tried to put that in place, the people who manufacture and sell this stuff would be rushing to their congresspeople, handing out 'goodies' and it wouldn't get done.

Medicare still pays, it pays for rentals, which after so long you can choose to buy it with a small additional payment or turn it back in. Then the person passes away and the families sell the stuff at garage sales so they can get rid of the stuff in the person's house and sell it. Medicare never paid for a purchase of most things, they paid a rental for x number of months given the condition and the normal time you would need it, if the doctor writes a new prescription for the equipment then you continue renting it or pay it off and own it. Whether that's viable or not depends on the type of equipment. Medicare is really wonderful, especially if you have a supplemental like my Mom had. She had it through her retirement plan from work. Unbelievable coverage. I was very impressed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast