Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP political suicide

Fri, May 18, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Henry Payne

GOP political suicide

This week's report that America's minority population just hit 100 million - with Hispanics the fastest growing subset - and George Bush's embrace of an immigration amnesty bill with Ted Kennedy are no coincidence.

Bush understands that the Republican Party is committing political suicide by playing hardball on (largely Hispanic) southern border immigration. The Hispanics (and other immigrants) coming to the country today to realize the American dream will remember that it was GOPers who tried to stand in the door.

I say "tried" because southern border immigration cannot be stopped. There is a market demand in this country for low-wage labor and it will be met. That is a law of economics that "conservative" Republicans should understand - but don't. They're too busy mouthing "law-enforcement" rhetoric.

It is no different really than the issue of illegal drugs coming into this country - despite billions spent to stop it. The difference is that immigration hurts no one. Is it not ironic that GOPers are howling about the illegal immigrant "problem" at a time when the U.S. - particularly its southwest - is experiencing record levels of employment and growth?

The Kennedy/Bush compromise is riddled with bad provisions (do "pro-family" GOPers really want to deny extended family from legal immigrants from getting green cards?!), but its overall goal is commendable: A guest worker program that recognizes market labor needs.

If hard-headed GOPers don't get that they'll have plenty of time to ponder it when they're voted out of office by future immigrant voters.

http://info.detnews.com/weblog/index.cfm?blogid=9852
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The GOP has been committing suicide for some time now. The Bush 41 presidency was the catalyst for me leaving the Republican Party.

Being tough on the illegal alien invasion would be a winning position for the GOP though, since the majority of Americans want to see the invasion stopped.

If Hunter, Paul or Tancredo don't get the GOP presidential nomination, someone like Jerome Corsi will get my vote. See: www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55735

I have left it also. I am for the man with the most common sense. It certainly isn't our president nor the Republican party.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

If hard-headed GOPers don't get that they'll have plenty of time to ponder it when they're voted out of office by future immigrant voters.
    Exactly why the illegal aliens "MUST" be deported and not given a path to citizenship!

The question is, will the GOP give up today's core members, for a chance at tomorrow's immigrants?

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!