Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GOP Sen. Ernst says Trump should spend less time at Mar-a-Lago

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP Sen. Ernst says Trump should spend less time at Mar-a-Lago

GOP Sen. Ernst says Trump should spend less time at Mar-a-Lago

Gabby Kaufman Staff Writer
    Yahoo News April 18, 2017
    1,700 Comments

GOP Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa. (Photo: Nicki Kohl/Telegraph Herald via AP) More

Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, said Tuesday that she has “concerns” about the frequency of President Trump’s trips to his Mar-a-Lago residence and particularly about his use of the Palm Beach, Fla., venue to host foreign leaders.

Ernst was holding a town hall in Wall Lake, Iowa, when a constituent inquired about the cost of Trump’s trips to the “Winter White House,” as Trump has called it. The president has spent seven of his 13 weekends as president at the estate. According to the Associated Press, cost estimates for each trip have ranged from $1 million to three times that.

“I agree with you,” Ernst responded. “I do wish that he would spend more time in Washington, D.C. That’s what we have the White House for.”

The senator also alluded to similar concerns among other congressional Republicans, and said they may try raising the issue with Trump.

“I have not spoken to him about the Florida issue yet,” Ernst said. “But that is something I think that has been bothering not just me, but some other members of our caucus. So I think that is going to be a topic of discussion that we have when we get back to Washington, D.C.”

Ernst specifically questioned Trump’s use of Mar-a-Lago to host foreign heads of state, including Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump was having dinner with Xi when he ordered a missile strike on a Syrian air force base earlier this month. (Trump later recalled that he was eating the “most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen” when he informed Xi of his action.)

“We would love to see more of those State Department visits in Washington, D.C.,” Ernst said. “I think it’s smart that he does business in Washington, D.C.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-sen-e...204724483.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How are you doing on that health care bill and repealing McCarran-Ferguson, Joni? I wish you all would spend more time in DC getting your work done. At least when Trump's out of town, he's actually doing stuff for US. Looks to me like, whether you're in town or out of town, you spend all your time talking about Trump is or isn't doing or should or shouldn't do, instead of getting your own work done.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She probably just wants some news time and the best way to get it is to denounce President Trump.

If I was visiting from a foreign country I would prefer Mar-a-logo than the stuffy old White house they have probably seen a dozen times. Fresh sea air, nice gardens, warm weather etc. I have a feeling when Melenia and Darren moves to Washington things will be different.

She probably just wants some news time and the best way to get it is to denounce President Trump.
    Oh yeah, it's ass-kissing the DemoQuacks and Hillary Shrills who showed up for her Town Hall at the expense of our President. Her telling Trump in person that he needs to stop going home to Florida would be quite a thing to see. Oh to be a fly on the wall during that one.

This Week in Trump from the Left and Some Republicans:

1. show us your tax returns
    2. give us your WH visitor logs
    3. stop going home to Mar-a-Lago

Why? What is important about this? Does this fix our bad trade deals, stop illegal immigration, bring our industries home, create good full time year round high paying jobs for Americans? No. We know why the DemoQuacks go there, but why would Republicans go there? Makes no sense to me. There's no legal requirement for any of those, never has been.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-18-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by posylady View Post
    If I was visiting from a foreign country I would prefer Mar-a-logo than the stuffy old White house they have probably seen a dozen times. Fresh sea air, nice gardens, warm weather etc. I have a feeling when Melenia and Darren moves to Washington things will be different.
    Every meeting he's had there was a major success, so I say keep it up! It's beautiful, it's personal, it's private, and Trump is very comfortable there. He loves the part of entertaining in his own space. It's an advantage for US really, a huge benefit, so we should maximize on it and double-down to keep it going.

Sounds good to me - also I still believe the fact he feels it is 'unwired' would make him more comfortable.

Who knows, maybe foreign visitors might be a little more comfortable as well. They read our media, they know what has happened. Would you want to go to the WH or Camp David, where the FBI, Secret Service, and CIA have all had access for years?

Exactly. Of course they would be more comfortable at Mar-a-Lago than that Stuffy Peeping Tom Leaking White House.

What a shame. Trump was right to want to move the Press completely out of the White House to that Executive Office Building. He needs to do that, and the sooner the better. You can't run an operation with these crazy reporters running around all over the place. No organization could function with them in it.