Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Gov Brown signs California Dream Act

Brown signs California Dream Act

New law covers private funding; governor signals he may also favor expanding public Cal Grants eligibility.

Gov. Jerry Brown jokingly uses Assemblyman Gil Cedillo's back to sign Assembly Bill 130 during the California Dream Act Town Hall meeting hosted by Cedillo at Los Angeles City College. (Christina House, For The Times)

By Maeve Reston, Los Angeles Times

July 26, 2011
    Following through on a campaign promise, Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law Monday easing access to privately funded financial aid for undocumented college students. He also signaled that he was likely to back a more controversial measure allowing those students to seek state-funded tuition aid in the future.

Assemblyman Gil Cedillo (D-Los Angeles), author of the private financial aid measure, described it as an important but incremental step toward expanding opportunities for deserving students who were brought to the U.S. illegally through no choice of their own. Cedillo is pressing ahead with a more expansive measure that would make certain undocumented students eligible for the state's Cal Grants and other forms of state tuition aid.

Brown said he was "positively inclined" to back that bill but would not make a decision until it crosses his desk.

"I'm committed to expanding opportunity wherever I can find it, and certainly these kinds of bills promote a goal of a more inclusive California and a more educated California," Brown told reporters after the bill-signing ceremony Monday.

For Brown, signing Cedillo's bill was a gesture of goodwill toward Latino voters, who helped elect him in large numbers last fall. Legislation providing education funding to undocumented students has been a top priority for many Latino groups, which have found many of their efforts thwarted so far at the federal level. Last year proponents failed to marshal enough votes in the U.S. Senate to ensure passage of the federal DREAM Act, which would have created a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. before age 16 if they attended a college or served in the military.

Brown's position on the California Dream Act was being closely monitored after he angered some prominent Latino leaders by vetoing a bill last month that would have made it easier for farmworkers to organize. Though Brown noted in his veto message that he signed legislation helping farm workers unionize during his first stint as governor in the mid-1970s, his veto was sharply criticized by the United Farm Workers, which counted the bill among their top priorities.

But several analysts who study Latino politics said the California Dream Act was far more important symbolically to many in the Latino community. Fernando Guerra, director of the Center for the Study of Los Angeles at Loyola Marymount University, said the bill was viewed by many as a measure of social acceptance of Latinos because it would increase opportunity for the best and brightest among the undocumented.

The California Dream Act has drawn strong support across the Latino community, said Jaime A. Regalado, director of the Pat Brown Institute of Public Affairs.

"If [Brown] was looking at the balance sheet, understanding politically that he needed to sign one of these measures, it was not going to be competitive," Regalado said. "It's seen as a civil rights issue in the Latino community, especially for youth. The farmworkers' struggle is not necessarily seen as what it once was. This is an issue of the now, an issue of the moment, part of the Latino agenda and part of the future."

But opponents of the legislation say it will diminish opportunities for U.S. students.

"Obviously it falls into a different realm when the money is coming out of private pockets than it does when it's coming out of taxpayers' pockets," said Ira Mehlman, a spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a group that advocates halting illegal immigration, "but nevertheless, foundations and other institutions that get tax exemptions should not be promoting policies that encourage people to remain illegally in the United States."

During a signing ceremony at Los Angeles City College, Brown largely brushed over the thorny politics of illegal immigration and sought to frame the legislation as part of the struggle to maintain education funding during California's budget crisis.

"The debate is very clear: shrivel public service, shrink back, retrench, retreat from higher education, from schools, from the investment in people; or make the investment," Brown said. "This is one piece of a very important mosaic, which is a California that works for everyone."

Brown used the issue last year against his Republican opponent, Meg Whitman, during a Fresno debate.

After an undocumented student had asked the candidates to explain their position on such legislation, Brown said that he backed the proposal and that Whitman wanted to kick undocumented students out of college, adding "that is wrong morally and humanly."

maeve.reston@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 3216.story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Related Thread
    California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigr
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-244972-dream.html+act

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    If you ever wondered why California is not only Broke but Insolvent; look no further than the Bent In the Head Politicians that have run that state into the ground

We are just starting to recover in Florida from the broke ass politics of RINO's Galore and we still may not make it .... wake up America.. your next
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PANDER PANDER PANDER

Brilliant, they're broke as h$$l and they think it's a great idea to pay for all of the illegals to go to college. Should I dare ask if they are going to bother paying for all of the American Californians to go to college?
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Banned
    When he's not constantly displaying the pointed blame-the-racists finger and trying to push through driver licenses for Mexican illegal aliens, this racist piece of crap we all know as Victimcrat "One-Bill Gil" Cedillo, studies the same conquest of Aztlan field manuals with such countrymen as Fabian Nunez, Mario Obeldo, former head of MALDEF, who uttered: 'California is going to be a Hispanic state, "Anyone who does not like it should leave," former MEChA president and now Los Angeles mayor by illegal alien voter turnout, Tony Villar, who combined his last name with then-wife Corina Raigosa to become Villaraigosa to throw the bloodhounds off the trail I surmise. (While his wife was undergoing treatment for thyroid cancer, Villaraigosa was involved with a friend's wife.)

We in this state could not have dreamed (no pun intended) here in Mexifornia that a more upstanding individual would take the helm of our fast-becoming Third World county. I confess. I do live in both L.A. and Orange County, which is now 50 percent Hispanic, home to 300 or more gangs with 25,000 + members, but who's counting?

In Los Angeles, we have four times as many in jail alone, 1,400 + gangs, and 500,000 + members. I'd be willing to wager that number is way off the mark. And how's your county doing lately?

Cedillo, the termed-out, corrupt state senator-turned state assembymonster has worked on getting the DREAM Act pased since 2006.

He announced the introduction of the Criminal Act with a coalition of business, education and labor leaders including:
    Kelly Candaele, Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees
    Javier Nunez, President, Executive Board, Laborers International Union, Local 300
    Kent Wong, Director, UCLA Labor Center
    Nancy Ramirez, National Council of La Raza, Western Regional Counsel, MALDEF
    Angelica Salas, Executive Director, CHIRLA,
    LA Dream Team and NAKASEC (National Korean American Service & Education Consortium),
    Korean Resource Center
    Marvin Andrade, Executive Director, CARECEN
    Evan Bacalao, Sr. Director of Civic Engagement, NALEO
    David Huerta, Regional Vice President, SEIU United Service Workers West

The list of others attending is too long to list. Just follow the surnames.

This scam was introduced in two bills. The first allows illegal aliens to meet the in-state tuition requirements, to apply for and receive specified financial aid administered by the states public colleges and universities. The types of aid illegal aliens are eligible for include: Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver and Institutional Illegal Alien In-Your-Face Aid: Illegal alien aid program administered by attending colleges or universites (i.e. State University Grant, UC Grant).

The second allows illegal aliens to meet the in-state tuition requirements to apply for and receive Cal Grants by California’s public colleges and universities.

This pandering to illegal immigrants to get their vote is nothing short of treason, and should be addressed. Americans should be storming the grounds and beating down the doors of the those responsible (okay we'll be a little busy), and also demonstrate to the world over that this is in fact, our country, not Mexico's. And anyone who is willing to stand on the sidelines does not deserve to live in a free society.

The intent is to ram this through in spite of American citizens defeating it repeatedly. The required high school diploma is a ploy. Latinos have the highest high school drop-out rates, and few bother to get a GED. Hardly any go to college. Their culture simply does not put value on education, they value getting a job (any job) as soon as they are physically able to.

Not one of these talking heads have mentioned academic failure in the Latino community. It would be useful for open-borders optimists to spend some time in the Los Angeles Unified School District, which is 76 percent Latino. Just 36 percent of them graduate.

Latinos graduate from high school at the lowest rate among all ethnic groups. Of Latino students who do graduate, just 22 percent have completed the course work necessary for admission to a four-year state college -- which means that all Latino students who enter the ninth grade, fewer than 15 percent will graduate ready for college. Illegal alien immigration invasion advocates fiercely opposed the long-deferred California high school exit exam in court, which only requires students to answer just over 50 percent of questions testing eighth-grade-level math and ninth-grade-level English.

Hostility toward academic achievers is even higher among Latinos than among blacks. California schools are spending huge sums trying to
    improve the Latino graduation rate, even hiring "outreach consultants" for dropout prevention.

Latino school failure derive not from ethnic neglect (they do glorify the Latino heritage to a fault) -- but from the parents who don't demand rigorous academic application and don't stand up to corrosive Latino influences.

It's the cultural capital that hordes of illegal aliens have brought with them that will determine thier sucess; the mythical work ethic Mexicans does not carry over to their children's schooling, and we all will pay an extremely heavy price.

Our schools, through nauseating multiculturalism, cultural relativism, and the therapeutic Latino-themed curriculum, promote the very tribalism, statism, and Mexican identity rather than the American one they give from the left hand, the palm up, and froim the right hand, the finger.

If taken to heart, such acceptance from us leads our uninvited new arrivals to abject failure in Mexifornia. Moreover, if we were to
    entertain attitudes toward women that exist in Mexico, emulate its religious diversity, rapto, fraud, their Mexican constitution, justice system, education, tax codes, bureaucracy, energy industry, utilities, and immigration policies, millions of Mexicans would quite stay put. Indeed, even the most pro-Mexico Mexican native in America never chooses to forgo the Western emergency room for a herbalist or exorcist in times of acute gunshot trauma.

Do illegal aliens complain that the American middle class is too much, the water too clean, the gasoline not diluted, the food amazingly abundant and without infection? Nor do they lament the absence of uniformed machine-gun-totting corrupt soldiers outside their homes. Illegal aliens clamor for reduced tuition for their offspring at supposed biased California campuses, but never complain to instead enroll them in Mexican universities. I suppose there they will have to pay.

If our schools and culture is so racist, exploitative, they could go back to live in Mexico themselves to fathom why millions of them are are dying to obtain what they so casually dismiss.

The sheer numbers of illegal aliens has presented golden opportunites for the demagogues. And as expected, in times of racial tension (all the time), you can see the countless brazen agitators on the streets with their bullhorns and picket signs that read: we are not illegal on our own continent. Most are organized by our fair weather friends at MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan), whose motto used to be, (well, in the open at least),"For our race, everything; for those outside our race, nothing."

Therefore this a massive vote buying sham, the feigned good will gesture absent of good will. It is the typical Hispandering politics
    that panders to illegal aliens to get their vote, and it is nothing short of treason, and should be addressed. Americans should be storming the grounds and beating down the doors of the those responsible (okay we'll be a little busy), and also demonstrate to the world over that this is in fact, our country, not Mexico's. And anyone who is willing to stand on the sidelines does not deserve to live in a free society.

The arguement is that it would provide a path for more people to enter the military and work force and stop punishing young people who were
    illegally brought into this country by their parents. When US unemployment at an all time high, it is difficult to comprehend that these Democratic are connected to reality. Obama, made fun of those who oppose nation-changing illegal immigration by standing on the border under a Mexican flag, and cracked jokes about moats and alligators.

( mod edit) When my wife and I were leaving for Europe, as we made an assault on the terminal, I had stopped briefly to ask a woman a question and wore the identical uniform as other airpost employees did, topped off with two-way radio. After my question, she just stared at me. Must have been the jet blast. I asked again. She spoke no Inglis. I was livid. I said, this is America, how can you you live here and work here and not speak English? She said: "no, this is Mexico."

( mod edit) These people are not afraid. Matter-of-fact, they are laughing at us. They are as the Muslim illegal aliens I described earlier who consider Swedes "soft," cowardly, spineless and pushovers. Well, I would consider the same if I were to go to another country, behave like a piece of shish kabob, and suffered no cosequences for my actions.

Candle-light vigils, showing the opposition we can gather in large numbers and then boast how we left no litter, or rallies where we are expected to display our civility and higher moral ground are not cutting it. It is time for the American male to man-up.

A visiting soccer team playing against an American team will have the definite home-crowd advantage. Who are we kidding here?

I'm not advocating breaking out the hardware and preparing for the mother of all battles. As an example, approximately 27,000 US military forces have kept a North Korean force of nearly 15 times that at bay. The North Koreas would lose the majority of those forces in conflict. The North knows the stakes.

The same must be regarding the invasion of our country by millions of cocky, disrespectful, demanding men, claiming they are going to take over this country.

( mod edit)

( mod edit) When my wife and I were leaving for Europe, as we made an assault on the terminal, I had stopped briefly to ask a woman a question and wore the identical uniform as other airpost employees did, topped off with two-way radio. After my question, she just stared at me. Must have been the jet blast. I asked again. She spoke no Inglis. I was livid. I said, this is America, how can you you live here and work here and not speak English? She said: "no, this is Mexico."
    The women are worse than the men. It's an unforgivable shame. I am a female and I am furious at the women who carry the water for the robber class. When I was growing up all I ever heard was how bad men are and if women had more positions of power we would not be in this mess.
    I repeat the women are worse than the men.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Banned
    Ubiquitous men tasked with protecting the country from evil men who would bring harm to its citizens are never comfortable with having their hands held by those who are much too quick to tug the red velvet rope to prohibit the unwashed from gaining access to the VIP sections.

This is the absurdity of convivial perfunctory synopsis.

Only the true loquacious walk the marked paths of malevolence and see others through a diffident magnanimity lens.

I am perplexed to say the least, as well as uncertain of your capabilities. You would institute a hierarchical system to fence-in a military officer with twenty years of combat tours?

I know what to say and how to say it. I don't need a gate-keeper, but thank you anyway.

You may feign to hold the moral high ground, though you will never know what it is like to rotate out of Bagram on missions and flying nearly every night (your combat hours quickly ticking up), which meant that flying tallies of missions because we were of comparatively short intervals compared to previous long-range excursions from Karshi-Kanabad.

In 45 minutes I could be landing in Gardez, pick up a load of customers and infil them an hour later. And nothing was mundane, nothing routine, and no cowardly assertions. We were shot at every night.

Your umbrage will remain efficacious as the mods in your loaded levity.

Al-Qaeda and the Taliban would hear the Blackhawks approaching, searchlights would flash up and down the valleys below us. RPGs and man pads would then start their whooshing up at where they thought the helos were, rounds would whistle through the rotors and fuselages. Most of the time, the missions went from right down on the deck to over twelve thousand feet in less than half an hour. At this point, we all would be freezing cold inside our mustang suits and wearing oxygen masks.

It was a dance of RPGs and flaming softtballs as we went evasive. The enemy had retreated a hundred miles south of Kabul to the Paktika Province. They were ensconced in networks of deep caves and mountain redoubts. Jihadists from more than twenty countries had joined in the fight along with Chechens, Uzbekis, and even Pakistanis.

America’s most reticent still cared about what had happened to her on September 11, and were prepared to show it – and we still are.

And I will make no apologies for that statement.

These assaults were aces called Iron, Metal and Steel. Blocking forces that would kill or capture the enemy were called Chevy, Ford, Oldsmobile and Jeep. Covering us from the air were B-52s, B-1 and sometimes B-2 bombers, AC-130 gunships, F-15Es, F-16s and Apache helicopters. Predator drones and P-3 Orions would televise all of it live to Tactical Operations Centers far away. Men would be breathing very hard in that thin mountainous air, while they killed and tried not to get killed.

These were close focuses to get our black or white SOF teams into the mountains to hunt for high-value targets and do the toughest of any advances by any men. It was get then in, get them out or move to an alternate. It was either TOC or much higher ups at USSOCOM who would make those decisions.

The mission was do or die. To new customers, we would have to explain that altitude, range and gross weight were factors that determined how many men could participate and what they could carry. The regulars already knew the drill. They would give us a target, and we would calculate the round-trip ranges, fuel requirements, weather projections and altitude factors, and return to them with load allowances.

That officer would immediately know how many men, weapons, ammunition and grenades he could herd into the birds. On the ramp, we would wait for an AC-130 to come on station while running the engines down halfway to conserve fuel, and then shutting them and running
    on only APU power, then we'd wait some more while flights of B-52s worked the ridgelines. Then we would go.

Of course you would have no experience of having your bird peppered with machine gun holes, or having a bird in your group having its controls shot from under them, having to put down by force, and having to fight it out until morning when they could be rescued or recovered.

Or you will never hear the chatter on the comms, an Air Force AC-130 pilot having heated exchanges with ground commanders controlling his flight while he covered the AO refusing to leave these guys on the ground without cover despite having a SAM fired at them.

It was amazing to hear him say: “Copy. Negative. I am remaining on station.â€

The sheer numbers of illegal aliens has presented golden opportunites for the demagogues. And as expected, in times of racial tension (all the time), you can see the countless brazen agitators on the streets with their bullhorns and picket signs that read: we are not illegal on our own continent. Most are organized by our fair weather friends at MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan), whose motto used to be, (well, in the open at least),"For our race, everything; for those outside our race, nothing."

Therefore this a massive vote buying sham, the feigned good will gesture absent of good will. It is the typical Hispandering politics
    that panders to illegal aliens to get their vote, and it is nothing short of treason, and should be addressed. Americans should be storming the grounds and beating down the doors of the those responsible (okay we'll be a little busy), and also demonstrate to the world over that this is in fact, our country, not Mexico's. And anyone who is willing to stand on the sidelines does not deserve to live in a free society.
    This is exactly the essence of the problem. There are over 20 million illegal invaders in this country, the substantial number of which are from Mexico (though they are quick to remind us that illegal immigrants come from all over the world). Through sheer numbers, they have banded together to buy political clout from our corrupted and treasonous "leaders."

Anyone who does not think illegal invaders are voting in large numbers is insane. They are and they are not afraid of doing so, as who is going to stop them? The politicians who refuse to enact voter ID laws? What type of message is this sending to illegal invaders? And lets be honest, that's exactly who they are trying to protect by refusing to enact voter ID laws. This is not lost on illegal invaders. They know there are many in government fighting on their behalf.

This illegal invasion has reached such critical mass that most of our politicians have simply given up trying to stop this invasion, or enforce immigration law, because they have found pandering to this invading force is more lucrative for them personally and easier to do in this era of “multiculturalism and diversity.â€