Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Great News From Oregonians For Immigration Reform

OFIR scores a great success
    Watch KATU-TV 5 pm News (Channel 2) tonight

March 11, 2006
    Oregonians for Immigration Reform:

This morning’s Oregonian carries a front-page article headed:

GOVERNOR SHIFTS STANCE ON AIDING IMMIGRANTS;
    REVERSAL: KULONSOGKI ORDERS AGENCIES AWAY FROM INFORMATION SESSIONS ON STATE SERVICES

This is a tremendous victory for us. Although the article did not credit Oregonians for Immigration Reform by name, it said the events “have drawn increasing protests from those who say the state should not help illegal immigrants obtain government services. Last year, the protests and growing crowds prompted consulate officials to boost security and require appointments for the events.”

Read the article at:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonia ... xml&coll=7

Labor Commissioner Dan Gardner and Attorney General Hardy Myers are outside of the direction of the Governor, and they intend to continue services at the Mexican Carousels of Information. Note the quotes from them in the above article.

THANKS FOR ALL WHO CAME TO THE RALLIES OR CALLED OR WROTE LETTERS. WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE! NOW WE NEED TO BLAST DAN GARDNER AND HARDY MYERS.

THIS WAS MY MOST RECENT UPDATE FROM OFIR. I WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH ALIPAC AS WE NEED TO HEAR THESE KINDS OF THINGS TO BOOST MORALE.

IT IS GOOD TO HEAR THAT THIS LIBERAL GOVERNOR HAS CHANGED HIS STANCE, ALL DUE TO OFIR'S PROTEST'S AT EACH CAROUSEL EVENT, BRINGING PUBLIC ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM, WHICH THE GOVERNOR DOES NOT WANT, AS HE IS UP FOR RE-ELECTION!!!!

WAY TO GO OFIR!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

congratulations Elizabeth!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I love good news!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well DcSA I cannot take the credit, I'm just the messenger. I had joined OFIR, but they usually meet pretty far from where I live and pretty much all of their protests have been also very far, so it made my own physical involvement not possible (we just recently acquired a car, and also insurance).

But I am proud of the progress they have made here with our liberal politicians. If nothing else, it pushed the subject into the limelight here and made them (the libs) shrink from these state funded giveaways.

Bet that Mexican Consulate in Portland was fuming after this all!!!!!!!!

I sent the Mexican Consulate a letter, after Sheriff John Trumbo's letter to Vicente Fox, billing him for illegals in jail there, and of course I have not gotten a response back from the consulate. I have the feeling that my letter was not the only one they received.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

congrats on the success. I remember reading about Oregon in a december issue of a farming magazine put out by John Deer. In that article the mexican consule general said something about estimating that oregon legal and illegal workers send up to $20 million per year back to mexico. The article was over the Black Creek Orchard or something like that.

Great news AmericanElizabeth!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think though, that Ted Kolonoscopy thinks he will get voted back into office during re-election. NOT!!!!!

I personally think Oregonians have had enough of do-nothing-Ted.

Plus under his rule, Oregon's DHS in $172,000,000.00 in the hole, as they were suprised that their was so many more families than they expected, in need (they forgot to count all the illegals they invited during the carousels of information they should not have been at in the first place!).

According to what I have seen so far, Ron Saxton appears to have his head on straight as far as illegal immigration goes. The other candidates seem weak on ths issue.

Elizabeth, that is the kind of information we need to help combat the kooks we have in high places today. And when we find a candidate in each state we can agree on, we are going to have to do whatever it takes to tell the media, get the guys in the spotlight who can do us the most good. I call that "making the name a household word" If we can get a name under people's noses often enough, no matter where it comes from, it could stick in their heads come election time.

Write about that guy you like to editorial pages in the newspapers where voters who can vote for him will see it. Go on the local tv station web pages and post his name on their forums. See what I am saying? Try to generate interest. We have only 7 months to play with and we have to take advantage of it.

Write about that guy you like to editorial pages in the newspapers where voters who can vote for him will see it. Go on the local tv station web pages and post his name on their forums. See what I am saying? Try to generate interest. We have only 7 months to play with and we have to take advantage of it.
    Good Advice - I second that emotion!!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo