Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great updated issues page on RonPaul2008

Check out the "other" issues as well. Each issue now has a video!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Paul
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    What is unfair? That word should be replaced with " And should benefit all the American People". Who are we being fair to? There is no fair there is only our interests and that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    What is unfair? That word should be replaced with " And should benefit all the American People". Who are we being fair to? There is no fair there is only our interests and that's all...
    BY and large I agree with you. But I do hear horror stories from people who legitimately aren't going to be a burden. LIke a man who married a Canadian woman, and the grief they went through to get her citizenship.

I'm not really big on streamlining.

I'd like to see dual citizenships made illegal again though.

The email we all got to day said that ALIPAC had a blogger interview Ron Paul. Does anybody know where that is?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

MW
    To some the system is unfair because it gives an unfair preference to family members (non-immediate family members) and to others 1 million legal immigrants a year isn't enough. Of course there are some that think both situations apply. What's a better system going to do? Will it let more immigrants enter legally? Personally, I think 1 million is enough.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I agree 100%. And I think this is one of several things Paul needs to clarify about his immigration position. I don't give a damn about being fair. I would like to go back to immigration policy prior to 1965, where 90% of our immigrants came from the First World.

Fair enough for me.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I agree with that! I used to think that if they only allowed college educated professionals we'd be ok, but looking at how the IT industry was decimated I've learned my lesson about that.

I do not like the whole extended family thing, especially since they qualify for benefits (like disability) before they are even citizens. Those programs were supposed to benefit people who worked in the country, not people who came from around the world with their hands out.

My husband gre up in New York, and there were plenty of immigrants there. But this whole concept of bringing cultural pride is new - back then, kids would get smacked and told "We speak English now! We're American!"

Now there's no pride in being American. THey want to stay loyal to their homelands and only work here.

In school, the concept of the "melting pot" has even been replaced with "salad bowl."

I'm a racist if I'm proud of my ancestors for becoming truly American? What kind of nonsense is that???
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Banned
    Of course criminals and lawbreakers think our laws are unfair

I'm sure lots of criminals think the laws are unfair, we don't change
    the laws to make them happy

It would be nuts to adjust the laws to allow in millions of
    3rd world peoples just so it seems "fair" to them

I want that 3 million dollar house in NewPort Beach with the Yatch

Is it unfair to not just give it to me

Yeah , right

There we go again pro CFR globalist in a Ron Paul thread. Ron Paul is referring to legal immigration not illegal. FYI the name of this forum is "Americans For Legal Immigration"!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Banned
    Of course the current system is unfair. Rather than letting immigrants in based on what they bring to the table we're letting them in based on who they're RELATED to. Extended family of welfare recipients instead of educated Europeans.

We're letting 50,000 a year in through the 'diversity lottery'!

Your damned right it's unfair, and it needs to STOP!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Of course the current system is unfair. Rather than letting immigrants in based on what they bring to the table we're letting them in based on who they're RELATED to. Extended family of welfare recipients instead of educated Europeans.

We're letting 50,000 a year in through the 'diversity lottery'!

Your damned right it's unfair, and it needs to STOP!!
    See, I think we agree on far more than we disagree on

I'm all for legal , educated people that will help this country
    and not be a burden to it

I don't care what country they come from as long as they have
    something to offer instead of just coming here to take , take and take some more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast