Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Green card relatives

Learn how to sponsor your family members and relatives for a Green Card.

Individuals who have close relatives or family members in the United States may apply for permanent residency (green card) if the sponsoring relative is a United States citizen.

The following relatives of U.S. citizens may qualify: Brother; Sister; Son; Daughter; Father; Mother; Stepson; Stepdaughter; Stepfather, Stepmother; Widow; Widower; Adopted Son; Adopted Daughter; Battered or Abused Spouse and Child. Download the Green Card through Relatives application.

If your sponsoring relatives is your Husband or Wife, you should file a Green Card through Marriage application.
    http://www.usimmigrationsupport1011.org/index.html

Has anyone been to this site?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Banned
    This a response from my Congressman on a fax I sent from NumbersUSA or CAPS on chain migration:

Dear ______,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding illegal immigration and chain immigration. I appreciate hearing from you.

Immigration reform must be a priority for the 110th Congress. Our immigration system is broken and must be fixed at a fundamental level. An estimated 12 million illegal immigrants are living in the United States. While this is an obvious violation of our laws it is also a serious breach in our national security. Our legal immigration system deserves long-term consideration, but we must also address the immediate and severe problems facing us today.

One reason immigration levels have soared is chain migration. Chain migration is a system whereby one immigrant sponsors other immigrants for admission, who then proceed to sponsor others. This system was instituted on the principle of broadly defined family reunification. Immigrants are able to sponsor their relatives back home also to be admitted as immigrants.

While I value family unity, I am concerned that chain migration has helped to create an immigrant backlog. We need to ensure that "family" is not defined so broadly that it can mean virtually anyone.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please feel free to contact me again on this or other issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Bill Sali
    Member of Congress