Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guide to H-1B Cap Exempt Employers

Guide to H-1B Cap Exempt Employers
    March 04th, 2008 | Category: Employees, Employers, H-1B, USCIS

Many foreign nationals who seek to obtain H-1B status face significant difficulties due to the current structure and limited numbers of the H-1B visa program.

As many of our readers are well-aware, the H-1B visa program has an annual cap which was exhausted on the first day during April 2007 and is expected to be exhausted during the first day of the filing season in April of 2008. Because of this very limited window for filing, many foreign nationals who graduate from U.S. colleges or universities every year in May find themselves unable to obtain H-1B visa shortly after graduation and while many are able to use OPT work authorization for up to one year, they still may face a gap in their employment authorization in the following H-1B filing season.

Many foreign nationals, however, are not aware that a qualified institution of higher education or research non-profit organization is exempt from the H-1B cap and can sponsor a H-1B visa at any time of the year and at a lower filing cost. This memo aims to clarify which institutions qualify for the cap-exempt status.

June 6, 2006, USCIS Memo

The guidance on which institutions qualify for cap-exempt status comes from American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21) and from a June 6, 2006, USCIS Memorandum (the “USCIS Memoâ€

Oh puke!!!
    I have a lot more comments, but putting those in writing would get me banned from the entire Internet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Oh puke!!!
    I have a lot more comments, but putting those in writing would get me banned from the entire Internet.
    It gets worse. Check out what I put up at:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-131390.html

I am beginning to realize that these programs are so out of hand that not even the Government or Congress can keep it all straight. That is why they keep proposing new guest worker programs. It is too much trouble to remember the current ones!

Here are some more interesting sites:

Slick law firm type site:

http://www.laborimmigration.com/topics/i-9/

http://www.truthout.org/article/unemplo ... ment-14709

39,000 jobs lost in the auto
    Sun, 09/07/2008 - 14:49 — pbg (not verified)
    39,000 jobs lost in the auto industry..., General Motors had a working, feasible electric car, the EV-1, in production, being leased to private citizens, because of California's mandate for zero emission vehicles. Instead of going head with it, they pushed to get the mandate rescinded, and took back and destroyed all the EV-1's. If, today, GM had a production facility for EV-1's, they'd be selling as many as they could produce with a year-long waiting list. They would be making money hand over, and the company would not be on the brink of bankruptcy. But none of the senior management has gotten punished for this: they are still getting their huge salaries. They're perfectly willing to let the company die and sent tens of thousands of workers onto the breaadlines, to lose their homes. They opted for their buddies in the oil industry as opposed to the future of their own company. This is not capitalism: this is a degenerate aristocracy.

General Motors had a working, feasible electric car, the EV-1, in production, being leased to private citizens, because of California's mandate for zero emission vehicles.
    Just imagine what else there is stuck in the back of filing cabinets of all the auto makers.
    Got this in email today:
    [quote]PRESS RELEASE

Cyclone Power Technologies Tests Emissions of its Green Engine;

Expects to Exceed 2011 EPA Standards at No Added Cost

POMPANO BEACH, FL, Sept. 10, 2008 – Cyclone Power Technologies Inc. (Pink Sheets: CYPW) announced today the results of greenhouse gas emissions testing conducted on the award-winning Cyclone Engine.

The tests were performed four times on the fuel combustion system of the company’s 3HP propane-fueled engine, and then on a 2007 3HP gas-powered lawn mower engine. Compared to the standard lawn mower, the Cyclone Engine produced the following test results:

- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions were 21 percent lower;

- Carbon Monoxide (CO) emissions were 63 percent lower; and

- Nitrogen Oxide (NOX) emissions were 99 percent lower, with readings from the Cyclone at statistical zero.

“We are pleased with these emission test results, but not at all surprised,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)