Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When will Illonios smarten up and vote this scum out?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obviously we can well assume that whomever is appointed to fill out the remainder of Obama's term will likely be poor on illegal immigration (as was Obama with his ABI grade of F- on amnesty). So it'll be a wash.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama Victory Leaves Ill. Senate Seat in Limbo

Friday, November 7, 2008 5:15 PM

CHICAGO — The campaign of change that led Barack Obama to the White House will bring tangible change to Illinois, where embattled Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich has the task of selecting the junior U.S. senator's replacement.

It's a position of power Blagojevich, whose administration has been dogged by federal investigations, seems to relish.

"I've never had more friends than I do today," he said Wednesday. "And when I make the final decision, I won't have nearly as many as I have now."

The governor could tap practically anyone to fill the remainder of Obama's term, which ends in January 2011. And he made it clear he's not rushing the decision: He said he'd like to make an announcement before Christmas but cautioned that wasn't a promise.

While the law sets no timetable, the appointment is likely to come before the Jan. 3 start of the 111th Congress.

Blagojevich said he doesn't have a favorite candidate and that members of his senior staff would help to vet those interested in the job. The only legal restrictions are that the person must be at least 30 years old, a U.S. citizen for at least nine years and an Illinois resident.

The governor said he didn't want to think about Obama's successor before the election because he was afraid of creating bad karma. "I had this nightmare that if I did that I would jinx him," Blagojevich said.

Still, lobbying for the spot began long before Obama became president-elect, and several Democratic politicians already have emerged as possible replacements.

Blagojevich said some candidates reached out to him before the election and that his administration would seek out others. He also wants Obama's input.

"That would have obviously a great deal of weight on the decision that I would make," Blagojevich said.

He said he had not yet spoken to Obama, whose timeline for resigning his Senate seat was unclear Wednesday.

Much speculation has surrounded members of Illinois' congressional delegation, including Reps. Jesse Jackson Jr., Danny Davis and Jan Schakowsky. Jackson and Schakowsky served as national co-chairs of Obama's presidential campaign.

The three were among the people Blagojevich called "great candidates out there. This is what makes this so difficult," he said.

Another name repeatedly brought up has been Tammy Duckworth, a disabled Iraq war veteran and 2006 failed congressional candidate. She became the governor's veterans affairs director after losing her first political race.

"I have been very focused on my current position fighting to improve benefits for the state's veterans and their families," Duckworth said in a statement. "My goal is to continue to serve my country in the best way possible."

Blagojevich wouldn't hint about who he might choose, but he did offer a list of issues he'll consider. The governor said he wants someone who shares his goals of expanding access to health care, improving the state's infrastructure and aiding Illinoisans "burdened by taxes and economic hardship."

While Blagojevich wants a senator who agrees with his policy agenda, he doesn't want the job himself.

"I'm not interested in the U.S. Senate, I like my job as governor," he said.

Some have suggested Obama's mentor in Chicago and statehouse politics, Illinois Senate President Emil Jones Jr., who announced he would retire in January, may succeed Obama, at least on an interim basis.

Blagojevich detailed Jones' accomplishments Wednesday but cautioned reporters not to read too much into it as he lavished praise on others, including Duckworth, who he called a "superstar."

The governor said a factor in his decision might be picking someone who could seek re-election.

Jones has said Democrat Kwame Raoul, who succeeded Obama in the Illinois Senate in 2004, would be a worthy successor. Raoul said Wednesday that his appointment was unlikely, given the others interested in the job and the "pecking order."

Roland Burris, a two-term state attorney general and three-term state comptroller, has said he would accept an appointment to the U.S. Senate, if offered.

Any number of current state officials also could get the nod, including Comptroller Dan Hynes and Attorney General Lisa Madigan, both potential challengers to Blagojevich in the 2010 gubernatorial primary. If he taps either, he'd have another appointment to make.

Obama is the only black member of the U.S. Senate, and Blagojevich has been under pressure from black leaders to pick a black successor. Jackson, Davis, Jones, Raoul and Burris are black.

Secretary of State Jesse White, who is also black, has ruled out becoming a U.S. senator and said he will seek re-election.

For the governor, with an approval rating in the basement and federal investigations into his administration's handing out of jobs and contracts, appointing a black politician would seem to be a pragmatic move.

Blagojevich has heavily relied on black support in the General Assembly to advance his agenda. He also could use black voters' support in the 2010 primary.

Politics
    http://www.newsmax.com/

Gutierrez is a part of what I call The SPAM Group

This man is one of the biggest ethnocentric advocates out in The SPAM Group world, their arrogant Spanish agenda makes me sick. I did a blog piece on him (below) when he appeared on the Lou Dobbs show to discuss the protest he and The SPAM Group held to protest the work place raids ICE was doing.

The SPAM Group arrogance makes me sick. It's like after they've broken into your house, they go on to use-up your possessions, then they have the nerve to demand that you give them more of your possessions, plus take care of them and their children.

Then on top of all that, they want legal Americans to allow them to fix our immigration system so they can bring in the rest of their relatives to future plague this land with more Spanish influence.

This will allow them to achieve one of their leaders pronounce goals. Which is to "become the majority in America, so they can be; and I quote: "The New Americans" unquote. As though America owes them something. They have set their sites big. They don't plan to assimilate they plan to overtake America!

The question is: When will legal American put a screeching halt to this Spanish movement that has erected it self in our country? When will we KICK them out of our country for good?

Or do they get to continue to operate until they have put key people in high places of our government to vote in their Spanish agenda by majority? That's their goal and no one seems to be able to stop this SPAM! (Spanish People Advocacy Movement)

The corporations have help them erect one part of the plan. They have help them by placing their Spanish language on all of America's communication systems, and NO ONE HAS STOPPED THAT! That is still erected to this day. So that's one down and how many more to go?

The question is: How long do you let weeds grow in your garden? If we just sit around talking about the weeds and not pick them out of the garden what good is the talk? They will eventually if not STOPPED choke out legal Americans.

SOURCE:
    http://falsearguments.net/wordpress/?s=Gutierrez

CONTENT OF BLOG POST:
    Today’s False Arguments (yes it’s plural, on 30 Aug 08 on the Lou Dobbs show Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D) Illinois stated quite a few False Arguments, but, good old Lou kept him in check.) Rep. Gutierrez is a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, they demanded an end to workplace enforcement raid until the President and Congress move forward on their so called immigration reform or amnesty.

The transcript of his statements can be found at:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

Claim: Rep. Gutierrez commits a non sequitur fallacy, because he believes that because they don’t have comprehensive immigration reform then we should not presently enforce the current immigration laws that are already on the books just waiting to be used. One does not follow the other logically.

Later in the interview he commits Argumentum ad Misericordiam and Appeals to Pity for the man with no hand and the women with tracking ankle bracelets. Rep. Gutierrez also commits Argumentum ad consequentiam, when he Appeals to the circumstance of them (the illegal aliens) being poor with children that are being teased when they go to school. These are all fallacious arguments. And he ignores the facts that all of these people are breaking many of our laws. From illegal entry to identity theft, and what ever laws they broke that warrants them wearing these ankle tracking devices. All this is ignored by the good representative from Illinois.

Rep. Gutierrez said, 1. Because:â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12