Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gutierrez has a better immigration solution than Obama

OPINION: Gutierrez has a better immigration solution than Obama
    By Juan Williams - 05/16/11 06:15 AM ET
    Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) has it right on immigration reform. President Obama has it only half right.

They agree it is time to flip the script on congressional opponents of legislation to modernize the nation’s failed immigration system. The current system amounts to a mindless set of laws that makes it next to impossible to get the world’s brightest and most talented people into the country, and punishes employers and hardworking people who fill the nation’s need for low-wage workers.

But so far only Gutierrez has a plan for how to stand up and call the bluff of the political bullies blocking immigration reform.

Gutierrez is urging Obama to sign an executive order halting the deportation of all illegal immigrants who are college age. With that one step the President can shift the political dynamics and force the loudmouths to stop their fear-mongering and get serious about reform.

For years, right-wing extremists and bellicose talk show hosts have made it impossible to deal rationally with immigration. The central fact is that there are about 12 million illegal immigrants in the country who are not going anywhere. The U.S. government does not have the manpower, handcuffs or buses to send these illegals back to Mexico, Ireland and China.

The most crucial fact of all is that the American people want immigration reform, according to poll after poll. A March Pew poll found 72 percent want a law that sets terms for illegal immigrants to get citizenship. They want the people now living in the limbo of illegal immigration to have the chance to become tax-paying, law-abiding citizens. In a nation of immigrants, the American people want border security but most of all they want to end the waste of time and money that comes with treating hardworking people seeking the American dream as criminals.

But the small number of intensely vocal Americans who want to kick out every illegal immigrant have distorted the political marketplace and drowned out the will of the people. They are still scaring every conservative on Capitol Hill with a tired but paralyzing argument.

They repeat over and over again, while holding fingers in their ears, that any immigration reform law will reward people who committed a crime to get here or stay here by giving them “amnesty.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So stupid no comment can be made.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Williams sucks!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Juan Williams has lost his mind. My dear Juan, the United States is a Republic, a country ruled by LAWS. Countries where laws are unenforced, where the system is played with are so-called democracies where LAWS mean nothing because men rule and corruption is rife.

Lately, these opponents of reform are saying Republicans have to oppose any bill because Obama just wants to shore up his political base with Hispanic voters. If that is the problem, why did the same angry crowd stop President Bush’s efforts at immigration reform?
    For the same exact reason, shilling for votes! We don't need to deport 12 million illegal aliens. Just stop the incentives and they will self-deport. Punish employers who hire illegal aliens heavily, it will cost them more to hire illegal aliens than legal residents. No jobs = no money = get out.

Stop welfare for every household with illegal aliens. Pre-natal care is NOT emergency care, stop it! Outside of extreme emergencies, require anyone seeking free medical care to show valid ID. No ID? No problem, cash before treatment. No cash? So sorry..next!

Stop cheapening citizenship by giving it away to illegal alien women who drop countless babies with no means of supporting them! No WIC, welfare, they will not have so many kids!!!! It's common sense!

Stop listening to racist, ethnocentric special interest groups who claim to "speak" for all people. They DON'T speak for me or many legal immigrants!

START listening to VOTERS and enforce the laws!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

This guy is a loon! He is always on the news here in AZ siding with the illegals! I swear he must be an anchor from a family full of illegals!

A March Pew poll found 72 percent want a law that sets terms for illegal immigrants to get citizenship.
    Sure buddy, and what planet are you living on? lol
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

The most crucial fact of all is that the American people want immigration reform, according to poll after poll. A March Pew poll found 72 percent want a law that sets terms for illegal immigrants to get citizenship.
    The polls he's talking about must be 'Houdini Polls' because I've certainly never seen them.