Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gutless politicians are broken, not the immigration system

Wanted: an American president who knows the difference between a rule and a law.
    Such a president one Barack Hussein Obama is not. Last week, I was giving the president mad props for the way he handled that track-down-find-and-kill-Osama-bin-Laden thing. And he deserved those props.

Now, things are back to normal. Obama is back to being the same old Obama, and he showed it in his speech on immigration reform that he delivered in El Paso, Texas.

"It's been difficult to reform our 'broken' immigration system," the president said early in his speech. "When an issue is this complex, when it raises such strong feelings, it's easier for politicians to defer the problem until the next election. And there's always a next election."

With one passage, Obama showed how conservatives and liberals differ on the issue of illegal immigration. The first difference is this: Conservatives can actually say the words "illegal immigration." Liberals choke on 'em.

Someone in the White House Press Office sent me the text of Obama's El Paso speech. In it, the word "broken" had no quotation marks around it in the passage I quoted.

That's because Obama really believes our system is "broken." I put quotations marks around the word because I believe it is most certainly not broken.

Is our system of traffic laws "broken" because hundreds of thousands of drivers insist on hitting the roads every day to speed, tailgate and run stop signs and red lights?

No, it isn't. Our immigration system isn't "broken" either. What's broken is the will of our politicians to enforce our laws and deport those who violate them. That Obama will not do.

"Today," the president continued in his speech, " there are an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants here in the United States. Some crossed the border illegally. Others avoid immigration laws by overstaying their visas. Regardless of how they came, the overwhelming majority of these folks are just trying to earn a living and provide for their families."

Yo, Barack, my man, I'm just trying to make a living and provide for my family. So are millions of other Americans, those who were actually born here and others who immigrated here legally.

Since you seem so willing to cut illegal immigrants some slack when they break the law, how about cutting those of us who aren't illegal immigrants some slack when we break the law too?

It was in his very next sentence that Obama showed that he thinks people breaking the law to enter the United States -- or breaking it to remain here -- is really no big deal.

"We have to acknowledge they've broken the rules. They've cut in front of the line." The italicization of the word "rules" is mine. Notice that Obama couldn't bring himself to say illegal immigrants have broken the law.

They've committed the minor infraction of breaking a rule. Cutting in line, as Obama put it, as if America is one great McDonald's restaurant where people can enter whenever they please, as long as they don't try to cut the line and get "frontsies."

Nothing in Obama's speech will discourage more illegal immigrants from entering the country illegally. Quite the contrary, Obama's speech will virtually ensure that many more do precisely that.

Do you think it's an accident that Obama's phrase "broken immigration system" is one that's repeated in the gringo-bashing, anti-Yankee film "Machete"? Some of what Obama said could have been lifted from that movie's script.

Obama should come clean and admit that what he and other advocates of "immigration reform" want isn't reform at all, but open borders.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/c ... z1M9080c3H
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"It's been difficult to reform our 'broken' immigration system," the president said early in his speech. "When an issue is this complex, when it raises such strong feelings, it's easier for politicians to defer the problem until the next election. And there's always a next election."
    I fail to understand what is so complex or complicated about this issue. Either you enforce the laws already on the books, you secure our borders or you don't. There shouldn't be any gray area. What is so complex or complicated about that?

"Today," the president continued in his speech, " there are an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants here in the United States. Some crossed the border illegally. Others avoid immigration laws by overstaying their visas. Regardless of how they came, the overwhelming majority of these folks are just trying to earn a living and provide for their families."
    So by Odumbo's logic, if I went and robbed a bank and got caught, I could tell the police that I was just merely trying to earn a living and provide for my family and that the cops should just let me off the hook because of it right? Not a chance. Of course no mention that these criminals steal our SS numbers to earn a living. I guess that's no big deal to Odumbo either I suppose. Why do they keep throwing out that 11 million number? They have been stuck on this 11 million number since at least 2000. I can guarantee you there is a hell of alot more than 11 million illegals in this country. If the government has been stuck on this number since 2000, I can guarantee you it's at least 10 times this amount. Try at least 120 million, that sounds about right. Oh and the 9-11 hijackers overstayed their visas, I guess that's some pretty minor offenses according to Odumbo right?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn