Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

the guy who was in ecuador

Anyone hear from our friend who was in Ecuador. YOu know the one who said the ecuadorians were rioting and we could find no information on the news about it. Well, I found something that may be of interest to you on one http. I dont know if this was the news we were looking for.
    Ecuador President Calls Off Emergency

April 17, 2005 7:54 a.m. EST

NILADRI SEKHAR NATH, All Headline News Staff Writer

QUITO, Ecuador (AHN)- Ecuadorean President Lucio Gutierrez ended a state of emergency in Quito after thousands people took to the Quito's streets to protest against the autocratic decision.

Gutierrez had imposed a state of emergency in the capital to subdue the protests, but the decision backfired. He even dissolved the Supreme Court giving excuse that the unpopular judges were the key reason of the street protests in Quito.

Gutierrez reasoned that the emergency was clamped only to dismiss the judges. Now, as the mission is accomplished, the Gutierrez has decided to annul the decision. “I have obtained the principal objective, which is the dismissal of the Supreme Court... Little by little, tranquility is returning to the nation,'' he said.

No this is not the same thing, because of the date, April 17. The other took place about two weeks ago. But it does appear that Ecuador is having citizen action....protests in April, Protests in June....GO ECUADOR!!

This last one in June where SIXX was took place over the CAFTA agreement. Ecuadorans don't want it, we don't either. So, they think like we do on this one!!

GO ECUADOR!! FIGHT BACK!! SAVE YOUR FARMS!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not a peep out of the State Department, who knew we were going. And I have to fault the suits at "Doctors Without Borders" to a certain degree as well. However, the overiding purpose was medicine, not politics. That said, I will not be going back in September. In fact, many won't. DWB has been to war torn countries before. But at least the KNEW it before they went. In the end, God held off the strife just long enough for us to help the children and get the hell out of there.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN