Hope I'm not duplicating anything here. I looked around for mention of this H.R. 1645. I didn't see reference to this STRIVE ACT elsewhere. If it is somewhere else, I'd appreciate it if someone would place this (me)correctly? (Thx)

Following is a letter I received from my Representative, Gus M. Bilirakis, 9th District, Florida

Dated May 4, 2007 (Received 5/10/07)

Dear .....

"Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to H.R. 1645, the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy (STRIVE) Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

H.R. 1645, sponsored by Representative Luis Gutierrez, would make comprehensive changes to federal immigration laws. H.R. 1645 has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, as well as the Committee on Homeland Security, of which I am a member. You may be certain that I will remember your opposition to H.R. 1645 when my Committee considers it. I also will share your opposition to the STRIVE Act with my Commitee colleagues. I am certain that they will benefit from your insightful comments.

As a resident of Florida's Ninth District, your comments and opinions are an important source of information to help me carry out my duties as your federal representative. In that regard, please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on any issue important to you."

Signed: Gus M. Bilirakis, Member of Congress

Yesterday I listened to this Luis Gutierrez, from Chicago I do believe, and he's really pushing, smiling with such false kindness smeared all over his face. The man is nauseating. C-span gave him plenty of time to spew forth with his brew!

I'll be sending another letter to Rep. Gus Bilirakis, and one to the Committee on Homeland Security, inquiring as to what justification can be attributed to this Rep. Gutierrez message, in the light of "Homeland Security." I have more to say anyway!