Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

H.R. 4437 and California's House Delegation

H.R. 4437 and California's House Delegation

California's House delegation cast sixteen votes for and thirty-five votes against H.R. 4437 (Congresswoman Napolitano, a Democrat, did not vote on H.R. 4437; California's CD 50 currently has no US House representative). All sixteen yes votes came from Republicans. All the California Democrats who voted on H.R. 4437 voted against it. Three California Republicans voted against H.R. 4437. The three Republicans who voted against H.R. 4437 represent districts that are partly in California's Central Valley. All the other California Republican US House members voted for H.R. 4437.

According to an article fifty-one California US House representatives were reelected in 2004. In 2004 two California US House members decided not to seek reelection. California's CD3 and CD20, thus, elected new US representatives. CD3 remained Republican and CD20 remained Democratic.

Given that every California US House representative who sought reelection in 2004 was reelected, it would seem important for the representatives with poor immigration reform voting records to be opposed in the primary by candidates who oppose amnesty for illegal aliens.

California Representatives who voted for H.R. 4437 by District

CD2-Herger-R
    CD3-Lungren-R
    CD4-Doolittle-R
    CD11-Pombo-R
    CD24-Gallegly-R
    CD25-McKeon-R
    CD26-Dreier-R
    CD40-Royce-R
    CD41-Lewis-R
    CD42-Miller-R
    CD44-Calvert-R
    CD45-Bono-R
    CD46-Rohrabacher-R
    CD48-Campbell-R
    CD49-Issa-R
    CD52-Hunter-R

California Representatives who voted against H.R. 4437 by District

CD1-Thompson-D
    CD5-Matsui-D
    CD6-Woolsey-D
    CD7-Miller-D
    CD8-Pelosi-D
    CD9-Lee-D
    CD10-Tauscher-D
    CD12-Lantos-D
    CD13-Stark-D
    CD14-Eshoo-D
    CD15-Honda-D
    CD16-Lofgren-D
    CD17-Farr-D
    CD18-Cardoza-D
    CD19-Radanovich-R
    CD20-Costa-D
    CD21-Nunes-R
    CD22-Thomas-R
    CD23-Capps-D
    CD27-Sherman-D
    CD28-Berman-D
    CD29-Schiff-D
    CD30-Waxman-D
    CD31-Becerra-D
    CD32-Solis-D
    CD33-Watson-D
    CD34-Roybal-Allard-D
    CD35-Waters-D
    CD36-Harman-D
    CD37-Millender-McDonald-D
    CD39-Sanchez-D
    CD43-Baca-D
    CD47-Sanchez-D
    CD51-Filner-D
    CD53-Davis-D

California Representative who did not vote on H.R. 4437

CD38 Representative Napolitano-D

CD50 currently has no US representative.

I am SO GLAD I don't live in California. It would be a full-time JOB just to keep up the correspondence with my representatives!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Matsui is firmly in the loving hands of the Agriculture industry. The only ones who ran against her when her husband died were other OBL types and a republican that had a rather tasteless orderless and colorless quality that appealed to no one. I will be doing my best over the next couple of months to expose Matsui's flagrant disregard for the laws that were enacted before her election. It is odd that she sits on the rules committe, but that is just the result of cronyism. Nancy Pelosi held her a chair there. I'd like to pull it out from under her somehow.
    The republicans....I don't know. Don't put much faith in any of them really. Lundgren would sell us out for a choice appointment somewhere. Pombo lives and breathes agriculture money. Dolittle is currently under a democratic microscope in an effort to tie him to the Abramoff scandal. Issa is a back stabbing subversive.

I've got my work cut out for me here. Interestingly, Matsui and I come from the same area in Sacramento. She has however, abandoned those who now live outside her area. The burgeoning day labor site is out of site; out of mind for her. I'm going to be sending here a taste of that soo though.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Go get 'em, Ayatollah! You've got your work cut out for you.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton