Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hamtramck,MI: Sharia Sanctuary City

I posted on this the other day. Here's Schlussel's weigh in on it. We have to remember Sanctuary cities protect illegals other than Mexican illegals.

September 10, 2007
    Hamtrackstan, Sharia Sanctuary City: What Happens When Muslims & Dhimmis Run an American Town

By Debbie Schlussel

I was going to write about this tomorrow, on the sixth anniversary of 9/11. But since so many readers and friends are asking about it, today will do.

Six years after the murder of 3,000 innocent Americans by 19 Muslims in the name of their religion, Hamtramck, Michigan a/k/a "Hamtramckstan" is ground-zero-and-a-half for the growing Islamicization of America. (Dearbornistan is ground zero.) It is about to become the first Muslim Illegal Alien Sanctuary City. http://link.toolbot.com/detnews.com/89605

On this site, I've repeatedly detailed the ongoing sharia-ization of Hamtramck, Michigan, a small city that is an island of land surrounded by Detroit. As I've noted, the city was a Polish Catholic town, where my great-uncle--a Polish Jew--had shoe stores. But the city is no longer the city of pierogies and pasties; it's the city of shawarmeh and falafel.

Hamtramck, which first became partially Black, is now becoming dominated by Muslims. The Black part is notable because, in an ongoing epidemic of violence, some Muslim Arab students have physically attacked and seriously injured Black students in Hamtramck public schools. And the city is notable for a Catholic Church near the border which is now a . . . mosque. And then there's the five-times daily Muslim Call to Prayer, which is officially sanctioned by the city.

Before the U.S. Customs Service became part of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), Customs Agents were investigating a number of Islamic charities and individuals in Hamtramck who were believed to be laundering millions to Islamic terrorists. Under ICE, those investigations were put into "the circular file" and have gone cold.

Now, the Muslims and several Dhimmis on the Hamtramckstan City Council want to make Hamtramckstan a sanctuary city, where Muslims will not be asked about their immigration status. That's because the city is home to a dominant and growing population of Muslim illegal aliens from Yemen, Bangladesh, and Slavic region. Back in the late '90s, many of these illegals voted, and their votes were challenged. But as I noted previously, the Justice Department began an organized intimidation process, threatening to prosecute poll watchers with civil rights violations. Now they vote there freely, and have elected some Muslims to the City Council. As I noted in August, they did not succeed in dominating recent City Council elections, as they had proclaimed they would. But there are enough Muslims on the Council--coupled with several Dhimmi members who take their orders from them--that they will now succeed in making Hamtramckstan a Sharia Sanctuary City for aliens.

One of those is Robert Zwolak. The Hamtramck City Councilman spearheaded a ballot initiative to keep the Muslim call to prayer from being broadcast in the city. But his initiative was defeated (remember, Muslim illegal aliens vote in this soon-to-be Sharia Santuary City). He saw the handwriting on the wall and on which side of the bread his votes were buttered. Now, he's among the biggest Dhimmi proponents of making Hamtramck a Sanctuary City. He's helping expand the "stan" in Hamtramckstan.

As I've noted, neighboring Detroit became a Sanctuary City after that city's City Council heard the appeal from Dawud Walid, head of Michigan's Council on American Islamic Relations. If a group that openly supports Islamic terrorists, is a HAMAS front-group, and is an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal terrorist money-laundering trial, that should tell you that sanctuary cities are not good for America. They're not good for those who don't want another 9/11.

America did nothing after 9/11. First, we were angry, then we were sad, then our President and his administration told us Islam is peace, then all manner of outreach to the enemy within and without was pursued. And now we have a city that has grown and expanded in leaps and bounds in the numbers of Muslim illegal aliens. Hamtramck police will soon be legally bound to continue to ignore their immigration status, as they basically have to date.

It is all proof positive that we've done nothing important to stop the threat of Islamic terrorism within our country, six years later. We've invited them in, allowed them to illegally vote, bent over backward to accomodate their religious intrusions, and ignored any malfeasance whatsoever. And we will someday get what we deserve for looking the other way and protecting the rights of those who would defeat us to the detriment of our own rights.

Hamtramck is ground zero-and-a-half. Dearborn is ground zero. But soon--not in our generation, but a few future generations from now--much of America will be, too. What has happened in these two cities will be the paradigm for the rest of our country. We will see that we have lost our free society because we fell back to sleep and took no constructive action to stop another attack on America. While we saw no more shocking mass murders of thousands, using planes and buildings, we saw a more invidious, slow attack that spread like cancer. And we did nothing to stop it.

CAIR's Dawud Walid:
    Wants Muslim Illegal Aliens to Roam Free in Hamtramckstan
    More:

Michigan's most diverse city is wading into the emotional national debate about what role local police should play in enforcing federal immigration laws. [DS: How is being dominated by Islam "most diverse"? They're from all over, but they're mostly Muslim.]
    As Congress mulls what to do with those illegally in the country, Hamtramck officials are preparing an ordinance to forbid police and other city officials from asking anyone about their immigration status unless it's relevant to investigations or during arrest bookings.

Supporters say Hamtramck, which is so diverse 26 languages are spoken in its schools, is no stranger to culture clashes and the law would provide a safeguard for immigrants wary about cooperating with police if they fear deportation or harassment.

"We don't want (local public officials) to go beyond their call of duty to carry out responsibilities of federal immigration officials," said Anthony Mosko, of the Detroit faith-based organization Metropolitan Organizing Strategy Enabling Strength [DS: which services mostly Latino illegal aliens]. "There's no way to know that just by looking at somebody if they are documented or undocumented." . . .

"If a police officer snatches someone who is an immigrant from the Mideast or some country that we have known terrorists coming from and they have no papers or documentation, (they) should ascertain who this person is and if they are here legally," said Fred Timpner, director of the Michigan Association of Police.

It's an issue that has resonance in Metro Detroit, where the number of foreign-born residents has spiked 60,000 to 387,000 in the past six years, according to federal statistics. [DS: Bet on it that the largest number are Muslims.]

Ahmed Ismail, 17, was born a U.S. citizen and has lived in Hamtramck all his life with his parents who emigrated from Yemen [DS: Did they emigrate legally?]. But still, he said he's been stopped by police and asked to prove his citizenship.

"It's not fair," said the senior at Frontier International Academy, a charter school in Hamtramck.

A 42-year-old shop owner from Palestine [DS: There is NO Palestine], who asked not to be named, said he is reluctant to approach Hamtramck police after they gave him no assistance last year when he reported his U.S. passport stolen.

"They try to put you down It's like they're dealing with animals," he said. [DS: You mean they're not dealing with animals? Visit Gaza and tell me what species they are there.] "A citizen, when they come to the police, should feel safe, not like they're hassling the police." [DS: Citizens are NOT illegal aliens. They have nothing to fear.]

The debate follows occasional incidents in Hamtramck, a 2.2 square-mile city of 23,000 residents that is surrounded by Detroit and is an historic destination for new immigrants [DS translation: for new Muslim illegal aliens].

In 2004, the city was thrust into the national spotlight when the City Council initially refused a mosque's request to broadcast a call-to-prayer before repealing a noise ordinance that forbid it. The city was sued after a 1999 election on allegations officials prevented 40 voters of Arab and Bengali descent from voting [DS: their immigration status was challenged, a good thing].

"Due to the history of that situation happening in Hamtramck, it's good to have such an ordinance on the books," said Dawud Walid, director of the Michigan branch of the Council on American Islamic Relations that supports the measure. [DS: Surprise, surprise!]

Council members may review the immigration ordinance for months before a vote, said Councilman Robert Zwolak who is sponsoring it. [DS: Like I said, Dhimmi-in-Chief.] Hamtramck's city attorney is drafting an ordinance based on one approved in Detroit that prohibits profiling, but also forbids inquiring about immigration status unless people are suspects for "criminal offenses" or police are assisting federal immigration officers.

Councilman Abdul Algazali, who is a chiropractor, said the ordinance would not only improve police relations but help welcome foreign-born residents. "We want to be immigrant friendly."

Police Chief James Doyle said officers aren't harassing anyone. He's refusing comment until he sees the proposal, but said anything to "encourage people to work with police (is) positive."

Sometimes, that's an issue for immigrants. And opponents say the proposal would complement due process laws that forbid police from asking questions irrelevant to investigations.

Essam Alsaidi, a Yemeni owner of an electronics shop on Caniff, said police didn't ask about his immigration status when he reported a break-in two months ago, but offered little help.

"They speak to you real tough," he said. "I almost said, 'OK, I did it.' I didn't know what I did wrong."

Rakia Quazi, a Bangladeshi who has lived in Hamtramck for 11 years, said people are sometimes nervous about approaching police, but she said she has never been unfairly drilled about her immigration status.

Zwolak said his neighbors saw a house broken into recently but were afraid to report it to police. [DS: Are they here legally?] He is pushing the measure with Algazali.

"We want to make our immigrants here feel more at ease and more free to acknowledge crime," said Zwolak.

The move comes, however, as communities throughout the United States are beefing up laws to allow local police to enforce immigration laws.

Authorities in Prince William County in Virginia agreed in July to enter a deal with the Department of Homeland Security to allow police to enforce immigration. More than 60 state and local police agencies around the country have also signed up to have their officers trained. More than 22,000 immigrants have been identified for possible deportation through the program.

Councilman Alan Shulgon cast the lone opposing vote last month to researching the Hamtramck law. [DS: A true man of courage!]

"Why do we keep expanding on the rights of people when the laws are already spelled out?" he said. "If (police) come into an investigation and they do find that somebody is breaking the law then they should take action."

Good to know that at least one person hasn't fallen asleep. We need more Alan Shulgons running America. Fortunately, there are very few of them.

Posted by Debbie at September 10, 2007 11:59 AM

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives ... an_sh.html

Debbie Schlussel's site was one of the places that finally woke me up to what was going on in this country (before I found ALIPAC). She's gone undercover into mosques on her own:

"In 1998, Schlussel went undercover, dressed as a religious Muslim woman, to the Islamic Center of America, North America's largest mosque, and reported, in The Detroit News on its support for terrorism, and anti-American, anti-Semitic hate. She was interviewed and quoted by Rolling Stone about the mosque and its radical imam, Hassan Qazwini, who is frequently consulted by President Bush and was invited to his Crawford, Texas ranch. Qazwini was embarrassed by the radical speakers and anti-Semitic hate he fostered in his mosque, and refused to address it in newspaper interviews."

I don't know if I would want to do this.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

What an eye opening article,thanks for shaping it CVAngel.
    I have only one thing to disagree with Ms Schlussel about-I do not believe future generations will see the USA as ground zero I think we will see it in our lifetime.
    This is just like what is happening in Europe.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

bttt[/b]