Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (King James version.)

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." (New International Version.)

I am captivated by little things like the King James version makes out as if the second part is simply human nature whereas the other versions make out that it is all spiritual principle of God.

Personally I think it is a spiritual principle and I would prefer to spend my life doing rather than counting, mine or others, but when such vast inequity and suffering is in one's face all the time it becomes what one must do.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

GR
    Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (King James version.)

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." (New International Version.)

I am captivated by little things like the King James version makes out as if the second part is simply human nature whereas the other versions make out that it is all spiritual principle of God.

Personally I think it is a spiritual principle and I would prefer to spend my life doing rather than counting, mine or others, but when such vast inequity and suffering is in one's face all the time it becomes what one must do.

It's interesting that you quote that verse.

I mean many governments around the world are financially raping their citizens, as if they have a right to steal from them and use their money for their own personal bank accounts.

This is no different in America than it is mexico and other nations.

What I wonder is this.

Illegal aliens are stealing America's tax dollars, through a variety of areas, that give them cash, food, education, medical, and so-on and so-forth . . . all of which chucks up to money out of the pockets of "we the people" who worked what jobs we could get (that illegal aliens hadn't stolen) and paid the taxes that the illegal aliens are now stealing.

ARE these stolen tax dollars - in cash and benefits to the illegal aliens - their form of "being given much"?

And at the same time also stealing, which I KNOW it's stealing.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GR
    Here's the question I have:

WHAT world - WHAT universe - WHAT galaxy do these fools believe they are going to be able to escape to after they COMPLETELY DESTROY the United States of America?

Who is going to hide them? The Catholic church helped to hide hitler's murdering &

Makes one wonder if this is one of those things that humans will have to account for when they die and face the One and Only God the Creator of His Universe?

quote]
    We will all, each and every single one of us, have to give an accounting of our lives according to our deeds on judgement day, from high to low, from rich to poor, from kings to paupers. I don't wonder if this is one of those things that humans will have to account for... I know. There will be no hiding on that day.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Regardless of your take on it - if you are a logical person who does not believe in having invisible friends for example, religious texts do have much good wisdom for life and much solace in them.

If we agree that each soul will be judged, and some believe it is a harvesting of souls, are our enemies attempting to damage the harvest by presenting us with no-win choices?

"I mean many governments around the world are financially raping their citizens, as if they have a right to steal from them and use their money for their own personal bank accounts."

Amen to that GR! Now who is it who has the entitlement personality disorder? Why are we coddling them in that disease? Let's set them free to stand on their own 2 feet! Do their own grocery shopping! Do their own driving! Let THEM live paycheck to paycheck with no hope of relief or a pick me up if they fall ill or whatever.

They said they want to attack entitlements - well why don't we just let them go first and show us how it is done - by weaning them off our money instantly!

They have NO STANDING!

If they were half way tolerable shepherds we would leave them alone but they are not. For the sake of their very souls we must help them with this problem! ha ha ha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12