Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Have you forgotten?

Have we forgotten the longstanding loans we gave to Mexico? Have we forgotten how overextended Mexico was with the loans we gave? 8O This is just a reminder, as well as, some much needed bells that need to ring! Perhaps a boulder or two needs to fall on our congressmen and President and his cabinet not literally ,but you know it‘s crazy!! :roll: Are our officials Crazy or what??? Mexico was defaulting on US $100 billion in foreign loans and ok, Washington got a little unnerved. They stressed over the non- payment and maybe lost a little sleep at night. It was their concern that it would be resulting political upheaval it was particularly worrying the United States. So us being the “good guys on the block,” to the world :D and practically Mexico, seeing they could never paid our debt, took efforts to help them through this process. Even though U.S. was not ignorant to many issues between our countries such as their problems of migration, drugs, environmental concerns, investment, and trade, we came to their aid again!!! :( :x 8O :roll:
    Have we forgotten that we gave them an out-clause??? First we re-scheduled the debt! :?:
    first of several debt relief agreements in August 1982
    Under the terms of the agreement, the United States purchased ahead of schedule some US$600 million in Mexican crude oil for its oil reserve; the United States treasury also provided US $1 billion in guarantees for new commercial bank loans to Mexico.
    Privately, U. S. officials pressured commercial banks to postpone a US $10 billion payment that was due that same month. Okay here when the “tire losses tread!,” they go and sign an agreement that Mexico could repay it over 14 years at a very low rate! Umm Maybe I should have got a car loan from them and defaulted, maybe I could have got it free! Now with all the agreements, compromises, sacrifices, that we gave Mexico, time after time, drugs were being trafficked in the U.S. from there, illegal immigrants crossed the border almost at will to seek low-paid jobs to hide their illegal trespass. Organized labor, among others, urged the United States Congress to act. This pressure, at the time caused The Simpson-Rodino bill, which became law in 1986, was supposed to reduce illegal Mexican Immigration! Our government publicly recognized that Mexico could not "grow its way out" of the debt merely by stretching out payments and investing more borrowed, so what did they do??? Of course, we issued zero-coupon bonds that would allow Mexico to buy back its debt!!! 8O 8O :roll: The thanks we get for our stupendous generosity??? Well what do we have??? Do we have the improvement in Mexican public opinion of the United States, like they thought would come out of such a gesture? NO, we get hatred, death threats, lies, illegal immigrates, drug lords, organized rallies, protest…. Have we forgotten already???

I haven't .....have you forgotten???
    One Voice Speaking Loudly ~ ~ ~ Judymd

Nobody has forgotten about the defaulted loans. Nobody, and especially not GWB. It's all part of the grand scheme. Illegal immigration, defaulted loans, the drug business, and so much more. It's all leading to globalism. The roots and tenticles lead everywhere.

Sure did help in building their infrastructure, didn't it? How about those fabulous schools? Money down a seive into a hell hole.

That money is in the pockets of the corrupt Mex government & businessmen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Judymd,

I heard and knew the USA gives Mexico a lot of dinero in foreign aid. But, I didn't know everything you've mentioned here. Thanks for educating me.

Not only do we give Mexico and that weasal named Vinny Fox much in financial aid, but he encourages the lower level citizens of his country to illegally enter ours and mooch off our welfare systems and hospitals.

I am so sick and tired of this and Bush's obvious approval.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

This thread brings up my memories of articles I've read in the past year plus, about how Mexico is the richest of Latin America (including Central and South) and has the most billionnaires out of all countries south of the border.

It is a country with many natural resources to uplift its' average citizens out of poverty.

In Mexico as in many third world and corrupt countries, there are a very few and very rich at the top, a very small middle class and the rest and majority of citizens live in poverty or near poverty. This isn't the responsibility of the USA to fix; it is the Mexican government's responsbility yet they are so corrupt and don't want to spread the wealth around.

If I can find the articles soon, I will post them here.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me