Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Head banging with McConnell

I'm not getting anywhere with McConnell. He is still touting S. 2611. Voted against the first funding of border fencing. He's still in the stoneage with that nation of immigrants/F the law line. Just not listening. If you get a moment: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/?id=262

August 7, 2006
    Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration and border security. Hearing your views helps me better represent you in the United States Senate.

Recently, the Senate debated legislation to secure our borders and reform our immigration system. I made America's national security and the rule of law my primary focus in these debates.

For example, I voted to increase the amount of border fencing and to improve vehicle barriers along the border. I also voted to prevent violent or repeat criminals from ever obtaining legal status. I am pleased that the Senate passed these modifications. I offered an amendment to the bill that would require voters to present photo identification, in an effort to curb voter fraud. I also voted in favor of a provision requiring the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to certify that border security and enforcement improvements are fully completed and operational before permitting the government to implement other provisions of the legislation. Unfortunately, despite the support of many of my colleagues, these modifications were not adopted.

On May 25,2006, the Senate passed S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006. while this bill is not perfect, it is a necessary first step. Because I believe the Senate needed to act sooner rather than later, I was not willing to vote against the bills necessary seeurity improvements arid leave our borders in their current imperfect state.

Now, the Senate and the Honse of Representatives will work together to create a final bill and deliver it to the President. I look forward to improvements being made and to the President signing into law a comprehensive immigration bill that focuses on border security and includes a comprehensive strategy for reforming guest worker programs that benefit employers and our economy, while at the same time deterring illegal activity. We need to remember that wliile we are a nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will keep me informed of your views in the future.

Sincerely,

MITCH McCONNELL UNITED STATES SENATOR

MM/ree
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

comprehensive strategy for reforming guest worker programs that benefit employers and our economy
    What about the American worker, you idiot? We get the "employer benefit" part (cheap labor). Throw the bum out!

Just a remember: if memory serves correctly...
    McConnell is married to Elaine Chao - Secretary of Labor, US Dept. of Labor (www.dol.gov)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You got it Phred. He doesn't face voters until 2008.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got the same letter...several times!

I told him finally, that he was Anti-American worker! I told him that his aide said on the phone that he was against amnesty, then he voted for that stupid bill........anyway, I told him I didn't play word games, that amnesty is the same as guest worker, etc. In fact I told him never to write me again, unless he has changed his mind on this!

Bunning has been the best so far.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!