Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heads up, Georgians! Chambliss in favor of guest wrker prgrm

CHAMBLISS IMMIGRATION UPDATE

I know that Georgians are anxious for an update regarding action on immigration reform. Folks have contacted my office over the course of many, many months expressing frustration with the immigration situation facing our nation and rightfully so.

Over the past few months, I have been part of a group of senators who have met regularly to negotiate this issue. My top priority in this debate is border security, because if we do not secure the border then we will fail to address a serious national security issue and we will fail to prevent future illegal immigration.

Second, I will not support amnesty. I opposed the bill approved by the Senate last year because it put a greater emphasis on providing a pathway to citizenship for people who are here illegally than it did on border security, and that is the wrong approach.

Third, if the U.S. economy is to continue to grow, we must create temporary worker programs that enable employers to fill jobs that no American citizen will take. Further, we must ensure that American workers and American wages are not harmed by a temporary worker program. Employers must be provided with a fool-proof verification system to ensure that prospective employees are legal, and once this system is created, employers who refuse to verify the status of their employees or who knowingly hire illegal workers should be severely punished.

Immigration is a federal issue, and that is why Congress needs to act now to implement comprehensive immigration reform that is responsible, reasonable, and respects the rule of law.

"Employers must be provided with a fool-proof verification system to ensure that prospective employees are legal, and once this system is created, employers who refuse to verify the status of their employees or who knowingly hire illegal workers should be severely punished."

First of all, nothing is foolproof. Second of all, I can just see this getting voted for, but then the funding for the verification not coming through. See that little loophole of "once this system is created"? Until then, of course, which could be forever, they'll just keep streaming over the borders and overstaying their visas. Do they really take us for fools?
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Banned
    Chambliss needs a talking to!!!

Second, I will not support amnesty. I opposed the bill approved by the Senate last year because it put a greater emphasis on providing a pathway to citizenship for people who are here illegally than it did on border security, and that is the wrong approach.
    There is nothing logical about this argument...so if it had placed a greater emphasis on border security, then a pathway to citizenship for illegals would be OK???

Third, if the U.S. economy is to continue to grow, we must create temporary worker programs that enable employers to fill jobs that no American citizen will take.
    No American citizen will take a job at $5.00 an hour.

Chambliss, you are an idiot!!! How did you get elected to Congress???

Senator Chambliss, how will the guest worker live on 5.00 an hour and who will provide him AND his family with health insurance....YOU?

What about us? MILLIONS of Americans need health insurance too!

This won't work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senator, this is Georgia....it ain't Florida
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)