Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heads up Romney supporters!

Romney supporters,

Some of you may want to work on the Romney campaign today because we are having a hell of a time...

1. Getting through to anyone that knows who we can contact

and

2. Getting a response to our letter.

The Ron Paul campaign called us last night on the first day of the letter being sent and is looking into the material already.

I called the Romney campaign at the same time I called the Paul campaign Monday morning. I sent copies of the letter through their website and when I could finally reach a live person through the Romney voice system, she hit me up for a donation and claimed she had no information about how I could contact anyone officially on the campaign.

After making it very clear to her that this was important and that I found the idea of just leaving my contact info disturbing, I gave her all my contact information for someone to get back with me.

So far, no response whatsoever.

In an environment where every vote counts in a competitive race, it is disturbing to see that citizens would have this much trouble contacting a campaign.

For you folks that support the Romney campaign, please consider going after them today to help ALIPAC get our open letter on the homepage into the hands of the campaign manager as soon as possible.

One person did receive an e-mail response back from the Romney campaign and I must admit that I find the following line disturbing.

The way this is written, it implies that Mitt Romney would support an amnesty that was not "automatic" whatever that might mean.

Actual text

[quote]Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration and border control for our country. I appreciate your interest in my campaign for President and would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your views with me. I recognize that meaningful immigration reform is a very high priority for the American people.

Legal immigration has been an important component of our nation’s success. Legal immigration brings enhanced culture, vitality, love for opportunity, and a larger workforce. Illegal immigration, though, presents numerous challenges for our communities. I believe it’s important to end illegal immigration so we can maintain and encourage legal immigration.

To reform our current immigration system, we must meet three priorities. Securing our borders is the first means of addressing the problem of illegal immigration in our country. Next, we must create an employment verification system that is enforceable and tamper-proof, to ensure that we’re only giving jobs to those who are here legally, and penalize employers who hire those without proper identification. Finally, we must not provide any special privilege or pathway to citizenship for those here illegally. I strongly oppose an amnesty program that would automatically grant citizenship to the illegal immigrants already in this country.

As Governor of Massachusetts, I took action to address illegal immigration. I stopped measures that would have provided driver’s licenses and in-state tuition to illegal immigrants. I also took steps to deputize Massachusetts State Troopers to question, detain and arrest illegal immigrants. As President, I will enforce existing federal immigration laws and cut back funding to “sanctuary citiesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need politicians who openly support us to contact Romney and let him know we are mainstrain.Romneys people are from northeast and someone in his campaign may have told him that the southern poverty law center for example has labeled us.Most people think the southern poverty law center is main stream,some even think it is government run-they are in fact left wing ,privatley run and very political.They do not even label some middleeast terrorist groups operating in the US as a threat but anyone for closing the borders is.These kooks even see LOU Dobbs's show as a threat.

Any thing ,

Just not McCain or a Democrat.

Nit picking.

W.....

I think Romney is referring to the Z Visa which would AUTOMATICALLY grant instant permanent legal residency and a path to citizenship.

Banned
    I think we can call and let them know at the campaign
    offices but something like this is going to take a
    higher power to actually get to the man, A Tancredo, Bay Buchanon
    or somebody a bit higher on the food chain than
    many of us

I will make some calls though

Romney

Romney strongly supports construction of fencing along the Mexican border.

Romney vetoed in-state tuition rates for illegal aliens.

Romney opposed driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Romney supports Section 287(g) training of state and local law enforcement officers.

Romney has the support of many of the strongest opponents of illegal immigration in this nation such as Tancredo, Arpaio and Rohrabacher.

If he becomes president and runs his administration the same way, it would be just like Bush all over again. He would never hear the American people! Just like Bush who hasn't got a clue.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To Romney Fans if you want to see a local updated Fl. vote count go to;

www.abc-7.com and click on 2008 vote
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Ok folks, I did not mean to stir up a Romney campaign support discussion and I certainly do NOT want this thread to turn into a Romney Vs Paul discussion.

The language coming out of the Romney campaign on amnesty is not sufficient to warrant our full confidence just yet.

We have the open letter, it is not getting through.

We need your help getting it through.

If Romney is indeed serious about opposing Amnesty and standing with Americans then he should be eager to work with ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, and Jeff Sessions.

And a special note, neither the SPLC or ADL have labeled ALIPAC a hate group or anything like that. The SPLC put us and about everyone else on a list calling us a 'Nativist Extremist" group which is completely false. The ADL took swings at me because they do not approve of my concerns about illegal immigration in association with disease and crime threats. That is fine, I know the public is concerned about these things as I am.

Right now, Romney is one of two remaining candidates on our NO AMNESTY list, but we need to see more from him or otherwise our core supporters would have better use of their time and funds than supporting his campaign.

That's the way it works.

So if anyone wants to help get the letter through and try to stimulate a response, go for it. We need the help and seeing if Romney's campaign is accessible to supporters / the public and responsive on this issue is a test in motion to see if he deserves much of the support he is getting from our movement or if he is getting it simply because people are disgusted with McCain, Giuliani, and the Huckster.

W

I strongly oppose an amnesty program that would automatically grant citizenship to the illegal immigrants already in this country.
    I saw Romney last night on Anderson Cooper. Anderson asked Romney about immigation. Romney's response was:

1. Secure Borders
    2. Sanctions for Employers and E-Verify system
    3. Illegals would be given a specific time to get things in order, would have to return to their country and get in the back of the line there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast