Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heads Up! a very active USA Today debate on DREAM Act:

USA Today publised a sob story article on the DREAM Act today and the comments and postings (over 895) have been flying furiously ever since. It's ongoing now. Join the fun and post your thoughts and opinion...or just read what people are saying:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... ream_N.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm in! Let's get em! Dreamies are going down again!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted mine earlier today on your other thread, and will return for more fun.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=85996

ANOTHER FURUM THAT IS HOT AND HEAVY TODAY

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

Some activists criticize 'Dream Act' as a draft for illegal immigrants

By: EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm in! Let's get em! Dreamies are going down again!

W
    Absolutely!! I commented!!!

I posted dozens and dozens of comments just to infuriate the OBL's and IA huggers. The cretins even resorted to making up new handles, like "BillyCracker", etc. while claiming they were white racist rednecks and posting racist garbage. Wasn't hard to see through. Once again, they have been exposed as L-O-S-E-R-S.

There have been approx. 2,100 comments posted!

I posted a few comments. Plus I posted the Heritage Foundation Report.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    I posted a few comments. Plus I posted the Heritage Foundation Report.
    What is this heritage report you speak of?

Here it is...................

A Sleeper Amnesty: Time to Wake Up from the DREAM Act

by Kris W. Kobach, D.Phil., J.D.
    Heritage Foundation
    September 13, 2007

"........The DREAM Act (S. 774) is a nightmare. It is a masÂ*sive amnesty that extends to the millions of illegal aliens who entered the United States before the age of 16. The illegal alien who applies for this amnesty is immediately rewarded with "conditional" lawful perÂ*manent resident (green card) status, which can be converted to a non-conditional green card in short order. The alien can then use his newly acquired status to seek green cards for the parents who brought him in illegally in the first place. In this way, it is also a backÂ*door amnesty for the millions of illegal aliens who brought their children with them to the United States.

.....First, providing in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens amounts to giving them a taxpayer-financed education. In contrast, out-of-state students pay the full cost of their education.

......On top of this insult to the rule of law, the DREAM Act includes a massive amnesty, as noted above. This amnesty opens a wide path to citizenÂ*ship for any alien who entered the country before the age of 16 and has been in the country for at least five years. The guiding notion seems to be "The longer you have violated federal law, the better."

Beyond that, all the alien needs is a high school diploma or a GED earned in the United States. If he can persuade an institution of higher education in the United States—any community college, technical school, or college—to admit him, that will suffice. Any illegal alien who meets these conÂ*ditions (or who can produce fraudulent papers indicating that he meets the conditions) gets immediate legal status in the form of a "condiÂ*tional" green card good for six years, according to Section 4(a)(1).

There is no upper age limit. Any illegal alien can walk into a U.S. Customs and Immigration SerÂ*vices office and declare that he is eligible. For example, a 45 year old can claim that he illegally entered the United States 30 years ago at the age of 15. There is no requirement that the alien prove that he entered the United States at the claimed time by providing particular documents. The DREAM Act's Section 4(a) merely requires him to "demonstrate" that he is eligible—which in practice could mean simply making a sworn statement to that effect. Thus, it is an invitation for just about every illegal alien to fraudulently claim the amnesty.

.....The DREAM Act also makes the illegal aliens eliÂ*gible for federal student loans and federal work-study programs—another benefit that law-abiding foreign students cannot receive—all at taxpayer expense. A consistent theme emerges: Illegal aliens are treated much more favorably than aliens who folÂ*low the law. There is no penalty for illegal behavior."

Cont'd through link.........

www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg2069.cfm
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Okay, I posted, but used a different name. Not that it matters I guess.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast