Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Health Care Cost of Illegal Immigration

http://kcbs.com/pages/126125.php?conten ... tId=242152

Posted: Wednesday, 15 November 2006 3:49PM

The Health Care Cost of Illegal Immigration

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) -- A new study on the health care costs of illegal immigration found that only a fraction of the expenses are paid for by public funds. The numbers translate to $11 per American household, but critics are calling the report a gross underestimate.

Researchers at Santa Monica’s Rand Corporation found that out of $6 billion in national health care expenses a year, public sources only foot a $1.1 billion bill. The report also found that illegal immigrants tend to be younger and healthier than their legal counterparts, resulting in less use of health services.

A different study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform found that California taxpayers alone spent about $1.4 billion on health care for illegal immigrants.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know the uninsured can't be refused by an emergency room. Uninsured people have no choice but to seek our an ER. They are aren't all illegals. I don't know how many are. I doubt anyone does. The ER doesn't ask them. Hospitals lose money on their ER services. Some hospitals have closed down, some have merely closed their ER.

IMO, the root cause of this is not illegals, but the number of uninsured people in our society. I would guess the ave. number of illegals at an ER is less than 15%. This % will be higher in border states or anywhere there is a greater population of illegals. I don't have a solution, but I think it will get worse.

I think if they come to ER with a non threatening illness they should be told to go to a clinic like everyone else and pay the dam thing out, just as millions of American citizens do without insurance!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Year Of Illegal Alien Health Care Costs Would Pay For Border Barrier
    Non-citizens cost billions per year in uninsured health care.
    Non-citizens are putting the hurt on our hospitals. A study by the Florida Hospital Association estimates that uninsured non-citizens cost the state's hospitals an average of $63,612 per patient last year.
    The tab is rising as the number of immigrants continues to swell from coast to coast. The American Hospital Association reported that its member facilities provided $21 billion in uncompensated health-care services last year.While not all those costs can be attributed to undocumented aliens, new Census data show that non-citizens are, by far, this country's largest group of uninsured residents — 43 percent of the total.

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001731.html

Dr. Madeleine Cosman, Ph.D., ESQ
    March 23, 2005
    NewsWithViews.com
    1The influx of Illegal Aliens has devastating, hidden medical consequences. We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen.[1] Illegal Aliens’ stealthy assaults on medicine now must rouse Americans to alarmed alert.[2] Even President Bush describes Illegal Aliens only as they are seen: strong physical laborers who work hard in nasty jobs with low wages, who cultivate their families, and who pursue the American dream.[b] What is unseen is their free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America’s finest emergency medical facilities and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospital are closing their doors forever.[3] An important cause of these hospital closures is the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985 (EMTALA).

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cosman/madeleine.htm

NO MORE ANCHOR BABIES

I crashed riding my bicycle last summer. I had a open chest wound and a very large split open chin. Losing a mass amout of blood, I walked into the nearest emergency care unit. First thing that was said to me before I got all the way in the door was "how do you intend to pay for treatment?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipp
    I crashed riding my bicycle last summer. I had a open chest wound and a very large split open chin. Losing a mass amout of blood, I walked into the nearest emergency care unit. First thing that was said to me before I got all the way in the door was "how do you intend to pay for treatment?"
    If you'd have replied "No comprende" you probably would've gotten a private room!

Should tell them you are going to pay for it just like the illegal immigrants pay for it or otherwise it would be discrimination right?
    Build the dam fence post haste!