Chad Groening (OneNewsNow.com) Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A conservative political commentator believes Republican senators like Lindsey Graham are only going to guarantee years of left-wing rule if they go along with passage of the Senate amnesty bill.

During an interview Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press, Senator Graham said conservatives trying to block the immigration reform measure will doom the party and all but guarantee a Democrat will remain in the White House after the 2016 elections because of what he called a "demographic death spiral."

"But if we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table and in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who you run in 2016," the South Carolina Republican said. "We're in a demographic death spiral as a party. And the only way we can get back in good graces with the Hispanic community, in my view, is pass comprehensive immigration reform. If you don't do that, it really doesn't matter who we run in my view."

Knight, Robert (ACRU)Robert Knight is a senior fellow at The American Civil Rights Union as well as a Washington Times columnist. He says the GOP cannot win by pandering to Hispanics - and that any Republican who votes for the bill is basically giving up.

"[It would be like them saying] Let the flood gates open, let Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi do whatever they want, [and] let Barack Obama ensure that those of like mind will reign over this country for years to come," he suggests.

According to Knight, the result would be the elimination of America's constitutional republic. "And it would guarantee, for the foreseeable time, a left-wing coalition that would rule America," he adds. "I don't think that's in anyone's interest actually."

The ACRU spokesman also believes Republicans cannot depend on the House to stop the bill. "The best thing the Republicans could do in the House is have no bill at all - because anything they pass will be mangled in a House-Senate conference committee," he explains. "[Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid will take out what he doesn't like and put in what he does ... and it will benefit only the Democrats."

Knight says massive amnesty for illegal immigrants would effectively destroy the two-party system in the United States.

http://oneoldvet.com/

http://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-g...c#.UcNqL5wtodx