Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help- need good investigator to expose employer of illegals

My company, which has been in business for over 100 years, is fighting for survival with a company in another state that we believe hires illegals. Our workers receive paid vacation time, health insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), etc., while theirs get ZERO, which of course makes it tough to compete.

So, I am looking for an experienced firm to discreetly investigate our competitor and, if they are indeed employing illegal aliens, provide proof of that. I spoke with a private investigator in their area who said that during his 40 years in the business, no one had asked him to do such an investigation, and he did not think that obtaining proof was feasible. Really?

I've searched the web, and can't seem to find any investigators who specialize in (or even mention) investigations of illegal aliens. It seems to me that there must be such a firm out there somewhere. Can anyone help?

Maybe I should look into starting that kind of business in South Florida. Where is the company located? Also do you have an idea where the illegals came from? All you need is someone to go undercover who speaks the language of the illegals and try to get a job there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Call ICE, you don't want to end up getting you or your company sued for discrimination.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

The competitor is in New Jersey and most of the apparent illegals are Indian and Mexican.

AE

To be honest, it is going to be a tough one. You certainly could be sued for racial profiling (discrimination).

I would directly call ICE and ask about how they investigate something like this, and state why you and other people feel that this company is hiring illegally (the proof you feel you have to back up this claim).

The only other alternative you would have, is for someone reliable to get hired on there (undercover) and wedge themselve in to find out what is going on there. However, that is sticky and also risky in many ways, as well, might not be as easy as one would hope in this economy.

Otherwise, it is something that simply needs to be reported and keep up with that agency, and wait for the authorities to do their jobs (I know, they don't really always do their jobs).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Have you checked wehireillegals.com? This website lists employers who hire illegals and they are fairly reliable as you need good evidence a business does that to have them posted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Have you checked wehireillegals.com? This website lists employers who hire illegals and they are fairly reliable as you need good evidence a business does that to have them posted.
    I know of a car dealership who hasn't checked a 100% known illegal who works for him.

Is e-verify for private companies or those under contract with the gov't?

I want the employer to abide by the law.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalBeagle
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I know of a car dealership who hasn't checked a 100% known illegal who works for him.

Is e-verify for private companies or those under contract with the gov't?

I want the employer to abide by the law.
    Govt contractors, all private company's its up to them.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

if they are not listed on wehirealiens.com you can also report them on that site as well.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Yes, I checked wehireillegals.com during my web search before I came here. The company in question is not listed, though many others in their area are. Thanks for the suggestions.