Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Helpful Tips For Emailing Senators

By no means do I profess to be an expert at emailing our elected officials. I am actually an amateur with the computer. In fact, until I joined Alipac I was typing each of my letters to the Senators individually in their websites. It would take me days to complete them all. Then I asked my daughter to help me find a way to speed up this process. Now I can email all the Senators in about one and a half hours.

I know that most of you have a system you use to get your letters out, and if someone has a way to do it faster than I do, please let me know. I am always open to new ideas to speed up this process. However, we still may have some members unbeknown to the rest of us, who are struggling to get their letters out, so I'm taking a chance and posting how I do it to see if it may help someone else.

First I logged into loudobbs.com and under "Write Congress" is a list of all the Senators and their websites. I saved this list in My Favorites.

I write the letter I want to send in my word processing program. I only put Dear Senator: at the top, write the body of the letter, and sign my name at the bottom. This way you have no typing to do when you're sending it.

When I am ready to email my letter, I pull it up and highlight the contents, then right click, then left click on "copy" then I minimize the screen to put the letter down on the toolbar.

Then, I pull up my Senators list from My Favorites, left click on the web address (not the website) for each Senator, which most times directly pulls up their web form. There's a few of them you have to search for. After the first time you've typed in your personal info, you only have to click on the blanks to pull all this up thereafter.

Once I have clicked in my personal info, I left click in the letter space, then right click and left click on "paste" The letter pops up in the letter space.

Left click on "submit" and you're done. Back out and go to next Senator.

Even as fast as this is, I wish there was an even faster way, and if someone knows how, please let me know. If not, I hope this info can help somebody.

William, I am putting this in General Discussion for now so the members who need it will see it right away. Feel free to move it if you feel it should be somewhere else.

Thanks
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

wel lthat sounds like the way i do it too.
    write the letter then cut and paste it to everyone.
    what i like is that when you enter all the info on one senators page
    then enxt page you go to, i can click on that line or put in the first letter of number that needs to go in there and a box appears that i only have to scroll down and put in the right name and hit enter and keep going.
    thats how i was able to send 45 senators emails last sunday in about
    45 minutes to an hour

One thing that helps me is I downloaded the Google toolbar. When I come to the fields that need filling in i.e.name, address, etc... I click on the autofill and this fills all of the info in. I don't have to go fill out each space seperately. I love it. Saves tons of time. Hope this helps!

ronnie, I have the google toolbar at the top of my screen. What do you click on for auto fill?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)