Here’s a scary thought: Justice Barack Obama

April 5, 2016
by Sam Rolley

President Barack Obama’s best bet for following through with his radical anti-2nd Amendment agenda is from the bench
of the Supreme Court, warns the National Rifle Association.

In a recent message to supporters NRA president Alan Cors said that American conservatives shouldn’t rejoice just yet
over the coming end of the Obama administration.

Cors said that’s because he believes Hillary Clinton might offer Obama such a position in return for help getting her
elected to the presidency, just as he handed her the State Department.

And his concern isn’t without merit, as Cors noted Clinton’s answer early this year when asked how she’d feel about a
Justice Obama: “Wow! What a great idea. Nobody has ever suggested that to me. I love that. Wow. I tell you, that’s
a great idea. … He’s brilliant. He can set forth an argument, and he was a law professor. He has all the credentials.”

As for the idea that Obama would reject such an offer and happily recede from public life, Cors said not a chance.
He wrote: “I suspect that Obama’s colossal, all-smothering ego would welcome the offer if President Hillary Clinton—or
President Bernie Sanders or President Joe Biden—were to make it.

“Obama’s sense of hubris runs his life.”
That’s probably true enough. And what isn’t even up for debate, is that this election has everything to do with the
Supreme Court.

As I noted in February:
Following the unexpected passing of staunchly conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, 2nd Amendment
groups are fretting that they’ve lost a major ally in fighting unconstitutional anti-firearm policies.

And it’s not just Scalia’s passing—or the possibility President Barack Obama will name his successor— that has gun
rights activists worried. Many Supreme Court experts are saying the next president will significantly reshape the
already changing court.

Georgetown University constitutional law professor David Cole outlined it thusly in the Boston Herald last year:
“Every election, people say, ‘This is about the future of the Supreme Court and the Constitution.’ This time it’s true.

“If a Republican gets to replace … the two oldest Democrats, that changes the court to a solidly, solidly 5-4 conservative
court. If a Democrat gets elected and gets to replace … the two oldest on the Republican side, that also dramatically
changes the court and now you have a solid 5-4 Democratic majority.”

Things have, of course, changed with Scalia’s passing. But Cole’s premise holds true.
Now, it would take a Clinton presidency and legislative upsets in the House and Senate to give us a Justice Obama— but
stranger things have happened. And the GOP leadership, as we’ve all witnessed in recent months, isn’t doing a great job
of keeping its base very happy which could seriously threaten voter engagement in the years ahead.

And if there is a perfect storm, Cors contends that we’ll be saying goodbye to the 2nd Amendment as we know it.
He wrote: “In Hillary and Obama’s Second Amendment, no infringement goes too far.

“To that end, Hillary and Obama have enthusiastically embraced the massive 1990s Australian scheme that saw the
confiscation and destruction of registered semi-automatic shotguns, pump-action shotguns and semi-automatic rifles
from licensed owners.”

In other words, the damage would be irreversible.
http://personalliberty.com/heres-a-s...-barack-obama/