Governor Brown can threaten cuts all he wants in his attempt to scare the voters. I suspect hardened, money-strapped voters will reject the Governor and his followers and reject these onerous tax increases

Here it comes more taxes needed in the Golden State

- Roger Gitlin Thursday, January 19, 2012

Here it comes… Democrat Governor Jerry Brown of California winds and throws his first pitch to the plate. In baseball parlance, it’s a wild pitch! Brown has proposed sweeping new taxes to “rescue” the Golden State from a financial black hole so deep, it defies the imagination. The financial gap from income to outflow exceeds $8 Billion. On a temporary basis, the Governor hopes voters will sign off on a November referendum to add a ½ cent increase on the already lofty 8.75% sales tax and to raise the highest levels of State income tax to extract more money from the so-called rich.

Temporary? Please, don’t insult the public with this garbage. The absolutely out of control Democrat-controlled Assembly and Senate will never voluntarily remove a “temporary” tax. And the so-called rich who pay the lion’s share of all State tax will now be surcharged if the individual makes more than $250,000 per year. I also remind you about 50% of all Californians pay ZERO federal and State income tax.

If the public fails to pass these new taxes, the Alzheimer-challenged Governor threatens to drastically cut services in the State Department of Corrections, State fire services, K-12 Schools, Community Colleges, State Universities, and the University of California system, all of which have already suffered major cuts this past fiscal period.

The delusional Governor states, ‘Putting our fiscal house in order is good stewardship and helps us regain the trust of the people. ” Please some one, tell me how I can self-apply the Heimlich method, because I am choking with contempt for this man and his Democrat sycophants. Is this the same Jerry Brown who just signed off and passed the California Dream (Nightmare) Act, affording free benefits to the children of illegals who go on to matriculate past the high school level? Is it the same Gov Brown or one of those dummies you see in a vacate police car?

As one those who has paid more than his fair share of taxes over the years, I am reminded continually that I live in a county which borders the sales tax–free State of Oregon. It is common practice for most prudent citizens in my community to travel the 15 miles across the State line to fill their gas tanks (and do some additional shopping), saving up to $.60 a gallon fuel.

I can attribute California’s inability to balance its budget directly tied to the massive amount of services and goods provided to individuals who have illegally entered the United States. Candidly speaking, California has opened its doors and services to the poor and uneducated who have flocked into the Golden State from Mexico, Central and South America, Are these folks bringing in necessary skills to forge California into the future?

Hardly not. The Pew Hispanic Center conservatively states that illegal immigrants cost the State of California about $12 billion a year through welfare, Cal Works, food stamp, and community health (hospital) services.

In Los Angeles County, the cost of illegals to the State is over $1.6 billion per year, according to Supervisor Michael D. Antonivich. These above costs do not represent State allocation for ADA, average daily attendance paid to all K-12 schools.

Governor Brown has no shortage of like-minded ideologues who believe the States can only be salvaged through additional taxation. Democrat Governor Martin O’Malley of Maryland also wants more taxes in his State. Outrageously, O’Malley told reporters, no one lost a house or job because we added an additional penny on to the sales tax. Such callous indifference by those who think they know what is best for you is sobering. Washington Democratic Governor Christine Gregoire also wants an additional “temporary” ½ cent sales tax for residents of the Evergreen State. Even Democratic legislators in conservative Idaho are considering hiking the cigarette tax by $1.25 per pack. These lawmakers are delusional.

Gov. Brown projects the added increases in taxes will raise $7 billion per year by 2017; but the State Legislative Office differs on that number. Analysts in Sacramento say Brown’s new proposed taxes would only raise $4.8 Billion per annum. Brown is so out of touch, he projects income from a ruthlessly overly-regulated State which currently suffers an announced 12.8% unemployment (real rate about 25%), ranked second worst in the country to Nevada. So many businesses have left the State it looks like Wagon Train East to Texas.

Governor Brown can threaten cuts all he wants in his attempt to scare the voters. I suspect hardened, money-strapped voters will reject the Governor and his followers and reject these onerous tax increases.

Not unlike president Obama who wants $1.2 trillion more on America’s credit line, I expect voters in California will reject these frivolous tax increases.

Here it comes more taxes needed in the Golden State