We are - and will always be - a proud nation of immigrants. We welcome those who wish to become part of the American tradition. But immigration requires - to a certain extent - assimilation. And the simple fact is, the English language is the common thread that weaves our society together, and all U.S. citizens should learn it.

For me, this is a matter of principle, and on matters of principle there should be no compromise.

That is why I stand with my friend and colleague Senator Inhofe, who wrote an amendment that I’ve co-sponsored which declares English to be the national language of the United States and which requires that all immigrants learn English before they become American citizens.

And that is why I’m proud to tell you that Senator Inhofe’s amendment just passed the Senate by a vote of 63-34. If you’d like to comment on the importance of the English language and of assimilation to our national culture, click here.

We’ve been continuously working to improve the border security and immigration reform legislation with amendments, like Senator Inhofe’s, that strengthen our border security and tighten our interior enforcement.

To learn more about these amendments, including the Sessions Amendment which authorizes 370 miles of triple-layer fencing and 500 miles of vehicles barriers, click here and listen to the podcast that I recorded earlier today.

Bill Frist, M.D.

VOLPAC
Post Office Box 158552
Nashville, TN 37215
Office: (615) 386-0045

Click here to view our privacy statement.

You are receiving this email from VOLPAC because you have subscribed online on our website, donated to VOLPAC, been a past supporter in a non-financial way or your contact information was gathered from Republican voter files. If you do not wish to receive email communications from VOLPAC, please click here to unsubscribe.

Paid for by VOLPAC and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
www.volpac.org