Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's a Concept.

I've been trying to think of some kind of identification for people in this country who are not citizens but have legitimately come here to work. Then it struck me that maybe we should do what Saudi Arabia does for people in their country who are not citizens. I spent almost 4 years there while my husband was working on their airplanes. (Ha! Doing the jobs the Saudi won't do)

Anyway, my husband got to go right first, but it took me 90 days for my clearance to go through before I go join him. Nobody gets into that country unless they go through a thorough investigation. (My husband got his clearance while he was training here for the job before going over there.) Once inside the country, they take your passport. (In this case, because there were so many of us, they allowed the company my husband was working for to hold the passports for these workers in case they had to leave in an emergency. When they took our passports, they gave my husband a document similar to a passport called an Aghama (I hope I spelled that right) with a Saudi stamp on it and all the info that was on our passports. It had both my husband's and my picture on it. My husband had to carry it with him at all times. Whenever we left the country together for a vacation or something, my husband had to turn in the Aghama and get his passport back to travel because we weren't allowed to take the Aghama out of the country. If I left alone, I just got my passport back and left because my husband was staying behind and needed the Aghama. Before you leave out, your passport is stamped with an exit visa. As you have to tell the Saudi government you are leaving they are the people who get it stamped. When you return to Saudi Arabia, you get an entry stamp at the airport to let you back in, but you better make sure you're on their computer at immigration control or you'll be on the next plane out of there.

So, maybe we need to start issuing Aghamas for people who are in this country legally, but are not citizens. That way we can keep track of them. Then if the law finds somebody who can't prove they're a citizen or doesn't have an Aghami, boot him out.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELL THEY HAVE CARDS HERE ALREADY. PERMANENT RESIDENTS HAVE GREEN CARDS WITH THEIR PICTURE ON IT. AND I BELIEVE OTHER VISA HOLDERS HAVE CARDS ALSO, BUT NOT GREEN CARDS.

THEY ALL GET IDENTIFICATION. THE PROBLEM COMES IN WHEN A PERSON IS A CITIZEN. CITIZENS MAY ONLY HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. IF ILLEGALS CAN GET DRIVER'S LICENSE THEY CAN USE IT FOR ID. COPS ARENT ALLOWED TO ASK IMMIGRATION STATUS.....SO YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE PROBLEM COMES IN.

BECAUSE SOME IMMIGRANTS ARE NATURALIZED CITIZENS, SO THEY DONT NEED ANY OF THE "CARDS" ANYMORE. AND CITIZENS ARENT REQUIRED TO CARRY ID SAYING THEY ARE A CITIZEN. THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I think the legal citizens should have a Social Security card with their picture and thumbprint on it. We have to have one to work anyway. That way everyone would be accounted for without having to have a Real ID Card which nobody wants.

an American working abroad

I have legally worked abroad for 12 years in South Korea, Laos, The United Arab Emirates and the Sultanate of Oman.

In all of these countries, without a valid resident VISA you CANNOT:

1. open a bank account
    2. rent an apartment
    3. buy a car
    4. get a telephone service in your apartment
    5. get a cell phone account

But if we tried this in the US, oh my gosh we are NAZI racist pigs....screw it. This is one instance, of which there are many, where we should follow the lead of other countries.

Why do South Korea, Laos, UAE and Oman have these regulations? For one reason: to make it extremely difficult for illegals to live in their countries...leaders in those countries are not pansies like the one's we have.

Imaging that-no valid resident visa- no bank account....no apartment...no phone...no job....

THEY WOULD ALL SELF DEPORT.....YIPPEEEEEE

Well, our country just lets them waltz across our borders and run around free, without anyone knowing why they are here until somebody gets killed or raped or kidnapped. We ought to at least be able to do something to know where they are and who they are.

By the way, the entire country of Saudi Arabia has 4% crime rate.

Well, I think the legal citizens should have a Social Security card with their picture and thumbprint on it. We have to have one to work anyway. That way everyone would be accounted for without having to have a Real ID Card which nobody wants.
    I AM ALL FOR THIS. I THINK THE PICTURE AND THUMBPRINT WOULD ALSO MAKE IDENTITY THEFT MORE DIFFICULT.

I WOULD NOT MIND HAVING PICTURE/FINGERPRINT CREDIT CARDS AS WELL. SOMEONE CAN DEVELOP A PRINT MACHINE THAT CAN READ YOUR PRINT ON THE SPOT. SO MAKES IT HARD TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S ID OR SS CARD. IT WOULD ALSO MAKE IT EASIER FOR EMPLOYERS TO HIRE LEGAL WORKERS

Banned
    If we push the issue of other countries laws our Goverment would have to fall in line.

Re: Here's a Concept.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I've been trying to think of some kind of identification for people in this country who are not citizens but have legitimately come here to work. Then it struck me that maybe we should do what Saudi Arabia does for people in their country who are not citizens. I spent almost 4 years there while my husband was working on their airplanes. (Ha! Doing the jobs the Saudi won't do)

Anyway, my husband got to go right first, but it took me 90 days for my clearance to go through before I go join him. Nobody gets into that country unless they go through a thorough investigation. (My husband got his clearance while he was training here for the job before going over there.) Once inside the country, they take your passport. (In this case, because there were so many of us, they allowed the company my husband was working for to hold the passports for these workers in case they had to leave in an emergency. When they took our passports, they gave my husband a document similar to a passport called an Aghama (I hope I spelled that right) with a Saudi stamp on it and all the info that was on our passports. It had both my husband's and my picture on it. My husband had to carry it with him at all times. Whenever we left the country together for a vacation or something, my husband had to turn in the Aghama and get his passport back to travel because we weren't allowed to take the Aghama out of the country. If I left alone, I just got my passport back and left because my husband was staying behind and needed the Aghama. Before you leave out, your passport is stamped with an exit visa. As you have to tell the Saudi government you are leaving they are the people who get it stamped. When you return to Saudi Arabia, you get an entry stamp at the airport to let you back in, but you better make sure you're on their computer at immigration control or you'll be on the next plane out of there.

So, maybe we need to start issuing Aghamas for people who are in this country legally, but are not citizens. That way we can keep track of them. Then if the law finds somebody who can't prove they're a citizen or doesn't have an Aghami, boot him out.
    Nope...sorry....that would be "racist."

Tokie

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I AM ALL FOR THIS. I THINK THE PICTURE AND THUMBPRINT WOULD ALSO MAKE IDENTITY THEFT MORE DIFFICULT.

I WOULD NOT MIND HAVING PICTURE/FINGERPRINT CREDIT CARDS AS WELL. SOMEONE CAN DEVELOP A PRINT MACHINE THAT CAN READ YOUR PRINT ON THE SPOT. SO MAKES IT HARD TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S ID OR SS CARD. IT WOULD ALSO MAKE IT EASIER FOR EMPLOYERS TO HIRE LEGAL WORKERS
    You are kidding, right?

What on earth makes you believe that employers WANT to hire legal workers?

Employers save $$, big $$, by employing illegals. That's why the illegals come here, because employers advertise for them in Mexico.

Tokie

The illegals would have those SS cards forged in no time. They are experts at fake documents.
    Our biggest problem is that our govenment fails the American people. Why? The bigger picture. A merge with Mexico. It's already happening. Look at the schools, you have to be bilingual to teach. Children do not have to learn English. The stores carry products in English and Spanish. There is no desire to have these people assimilate. The government has brought this on.
    The government could do something if they wanted to. What they want isn't what we want. Look at how Bush got the Mexican trucks coming into our country. That will start September 1st. Our government has failed us again. This is all part of the plan to get us to be the NAU. Our government and big businesses do not want our country secured. They don't want illegals out. They've made that clear time and again.
    It's the people that want our country secured and illegals sent back where they came from. Not our government. We will have bush for over a year still. What is he going to do during that time? Secure our border? No. They showed the virtual fence that our government approved. Boeing is putting these stupid cameras up. So far they are way over budget and not meeting the time line. No big surprise. This fence is never going to work. Everyone knows it. It's just a smoke screen to make you think our govenment is doing something. They are doing nothing to secure our country. Same as always. They have no intension of doing anything for the Americans.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!