Newt has a website called American Solutions. It might be an interesting read. Here's the link:

http://www.americansolutions.com/

Moving Toward Real Change: A Thank You to My Readers
Newt Gingrich

Dear Friend,

It's the time of year when many of us are taking some time off from our busy schedules and spending more time with family and friends. I'm currently on a tour of Europe with the NRA and Col. Oliver North's Freedom Alliance, speaking to conservatives about, among other things, the lessons for our party and our country from President Nicholas Sarkozy's victory in France.

And as the summer of 2007 begins to draw to a close, I have the opportunity to do something that I've been meaning to do for some time now: To thank you, the readers, e-mail writers, activists and leaders of the Winning the Future movement.

Our motto, of course, is "Real Change Requires Real Change." It has been a summer of real progress and real change. And the credit goes to you. I've always said that change doesn't come from within Washington -- it starts outside the beltway and then makes itself forcefully known among the Capital's governing elite. That's what happened in 1994, and that's what I'm beginning to sense happening today.

On issue after issue, the American people are beginning to triumph over the power elite. No doubt, we have a lot more to do. But for the real change that we've accomplished so far, let me be the first to say simply "thank you" for making it all possible.

We Helped Win an Immigration Victory for the American People

The first sign that the Washington elite are hopelessly out of touch with the American people on the issue of immigration and our national identity came late last winter, when I wrote to you about the need to make English the official language of government. Despite polls showing that 85 percent of Americans support English as our official language, Washington refused to act. On the contrary, it was even working hard to undermine English.

So it came as no surprise that, when immigration finally took center stage in Washington, a bill that proposed amnesty was negotiated in secret and then rushed through Congress with little debate and even less scrutiny.

I called it an "immigration shipwreck" and asked you to contact Washington with the message that enforcing our laws has to come first in any immigration legislation.

I know that Americans care deeply about preserving our welcoming tradition by controlling the flow of illegal immigrants across our borders. So I expected a strong response. But what came next surprised even me.

Computer servers were crashed by the onslaught of e-mail. Phone lines were jammed. Talk radio was swamped with callers. And in the end, because people like you rose up, the disastrous immigration bill went down in defeat.

But the Winning the Future movement isn't just about saying no to bad ideas. It's about proposing real solutions. That's why, after listening to your comments and reading your e-mails, in June, while the Senate bill was being debated, I proposed 10 simple, direct steps to a legal American immigration system. Step one: Control the border.

We Launched a Movement to Find and Develop American Solutions for Winning the Future

I founded American Solutions to give the American people a way to rise above traditional, gridlocked partisan politics to develop real solutions to the most important issues facing our country.

If you haven't already, take a second to view this video, which gives a good flavor of what we are trying to accomplish at American Solutions. Thanks to those of you who have already seen this video and passed it along to friends and family, more than a million Americans have seen this introduction to the scale of change we are trying to accomplish.

On June 8, I gave a speech at the American Enterprise Institute that expanded on the mission of American Solutions to transform government through all the 500,000-plus elected offices that comprise our political system.

On July 23, we had a six-hour briefing at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce titled "Returning Government From the World That Fails to the World That Works." Hundreds participated in person and thousands more attended via the Internet.

And most recently, at the Republican gathering in Ames, Iowa, August 11, American Solutions conducted a series of workshops on finding solutions to the greatest challenges facing our nation. We covered "green conservatism," Social Security, national security and health.

All of this activity is leading up to the inaugural "Solutions Day" events on September 27 and 29. On September 27, the 13th anniversary of the Contract with America, American Solutions will hold the opening presentation outlining the need for fundamental transformational change.

Then, on "Solutions Day," September 29, at West Georgia University in Carrolton, Ga., American Solutions will host a series of workshops on how to transform all levels of government. So far, more than 7,000 Americans have signed up to participate. What's more, nearly 2,000 citizen leaders have agreed to host a workshop.

Once again, thanks to you, real change is on the march. Please visit AmericanSolutions.com to be a part of it.

We Began to Restore Sanity and Substance to the Presidential Election Process

Another goal we accomplished together this summer was to begin the process of bringing substance and dialogue back to our presidential campaign process.

I began 2007 by asking the Winning the Future community if we really wanted to spend the next two years being bombarded with negative ads and cynical news coverage given our current system of electing presidents.

This endless, negative process has to change, and in February, many of you joined me, in person and online, to do just that. On February 28, former New York Democratic Gov. Mario Cuomo and I met at historic Cooper Union in New York City to model a new kind of presidential debate, one that is devoted to creating solutions rather then destroying opponents.

At Cooper Union, I first announced the "Nine Nineties in Nine" pledge -- challenging presidential candidates to commit to nine, 90-minute, substance-focused debates in the nine weeks leading up to the general election in 2008.

Just a couple weeks ago, American Solutions joined with award-winning journalist Marvin Kalb in sending letters to all the presidential candidates urging them to take the "Nine Nineties in Nine" pledge. I gave a speech at the National Press Club about the pledge, and thirteen news cameras along with ABC News, USA Today, Newsweek, CNN, and The Washington Post all covered the event and offered favorable commentary.

So far, former Arkansas Republican Gov. Mike Huckabee has formally agreed to the challenge and former New York City Republican Mayor Rudy Giuliani has informally agreed to participate. We look forward to hearing from the others.