Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I work in a technology industry where we outsource a lot of
    work to India. I can tell you it's not working very well. The
    alternative is hiring a lot of people here. I don't meet a lot of
    kids who see engineering & science as an alternative. Even
    when I was in grad school 25 years ago, only about 10% of
    the dept were American citizens. So we import a lot of people
    with H1B, & if your company has foreign national employees in
    other countries, L1. The big difference is H1B & L1 visas are
    LEGAL!!! The activities opposed on these boards are ILLEGAL
    ones.

To say the dismantling of our native keystone technology industries
    is legal doesn't mean I think the actions of large corps is patriotic
    or I don't wish to change these practices. But I believe there are more
    urgent matters at hand when our borders are so ignored in a post
    9/11 world.

Pilgrim did get one thing right -- there are a lot of damn fine
    Americans posting on these forums.

Re: Hi again folks...

i
    Quote Originally Posted by newpilgrimfamil1
    How you all "alipacers" been,

I was banned, as usually, but 'm back again just to ask you one thing: Don't you think that the shipping of jobs overseas takes much much more jobs from Americans than illegal immigrants? So, how come your "masters" don't intruct you guys to go after those big corporations that are going to Asia? Could it be that they're receiving money to brainwash good will people like some of you guys to focus in a small problem like illegal immigration instead of seeing the real problem with America? Please think about it... Hope some of you good men and women see this post before it gets erased or "edited" by the moderators and regulators of this website. Also please check my other posts and you will see that I never insulted, caluniated or did anything like that, as is expressed on this site rules, but I keep get banned from the site, because they can't keep a confrontation... Please, I know some of you are good people; don't get brainwashed: read newspapers, try to see statitics and get informed about what's really destroying American life way. Thank you and God bless you all. By the way, I use my wireless laptop, so doesn't matter how many icps get banned, I always will be able to get in. See you all.
    yes i know what is trying to kill America..that is the liberals ,the illegals andthe goverment..but we/I have plans for them all( i not talking for the people on this site)what are your ideas?

Hi Dem4Labor,

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    The big difference is H1B & L1 visas are
    LEGAL!!!
    Sad, but true. Yes, they're here legally. HOWEVER, Dem4Labor, the H-1Bs and their L-1 brothers are NOT immigrants. H-1B visa is a 6 year jobs (job destruction) visa for which the H-1B is to return home at the end of his 6 years, unless extended.

Never mind, for this argument, that lots of H-1Bs are indentured.

Congress/Senate are preparing to double the H-1B population in accordance with the "Nukes for Mangos" trade agreement. .

Labor shortage is a fabricated lie, published by NASSCOM and other lunatic fringe lobby organizations. If companies were willing to hire applicants over 40, every vacancy could be easily filled.

Recommendation: Terminate the H-1B program, give the H-1Bs 1 month (or less) to depart the US. Will today's politicians do that? Nope. They're subservient to NASSCOM and the [taxpayer funded] Friends of India Caucus.

Oh, and, the Council on Foreign Relations won't allow anything but increases in the H-1B quota

The activities opposed on these boards are ILLEGAL
    ones.
    And the H-1Bs who "forgot to go home," and overstayed their visas?

Bangalore, India, where our jobs go.

Kali Ma

Why is the U.S. Post Office using FOREIGN labor?
    are they above the law?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Hi Millere, how ya doin?

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Indian spammer. I can always recognize that "half English" style...
    '

I want to ask the New Pilgram Family just a few questions before he gets himself banned again.

New Pilgram Family - Are you a H-1B or L-1 visa holder?

Are you a TATA, Infosys, Wiprospectramind, HCL, Accenture, or Satyam employee? In other words, do you work for a body shop?

New Pilgram Family, were you trained by an American who was about to be fired?

New Pilgram Family, are you a member of the NASSCOM staff?

Just thought I'd ask.

Oh, just one more question, if I may, New Pilgram Family,
    Are you indentured? Hope you don't mind if I ask you that.

Thanks, Millere, for letting me jump in here. Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    But I believe there are more
    urgent matters at hand when our borders are so ignored in a post
    9/11 world.

Pilgrim did get one thing right -- there are a lot of damn fine
    Americans posting on these forums.
    Unfortunately, the question concerning illegal immigration and H1-B and L-1 visas is linked very much to the detriment of our country. If the left-wing wackos manage to create an "amnesty" for illegal immigrants it will increase, greatly, by many, many millions the number of guest workers coming in the from India who will use the political free will of the amnesty movement (which will create "excuses" for forged documents, stolen identities and other mistatements) as a "road map" into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Hi Millere, how ya doin?

Thanks, Millere, for letting me jump in here. Coto
    No problem! Unfortunately, there are still alot on here that do not understand the overwhelming and complex problems associated with unregulated (or fake "amnesty" type regulation) that will soon merge the economies of the US with that of India if the Indian Caucus manages to [force Indian-lobbied US politcians] to rubber-stamp an agreement that makes it legal for all Indian workers to come here for "temporary" work visas. Such legislation has been discussed in the World Trade Organization (WTO) and if passed (especially if Hillary becomes Prez) could create a massive tidal wave of Indian workers at all levels coming here for "temporary" work and refusing to leave because the corrupt Republican-Democrats give any foreign worker automatic amnesty! Can you imagine a massive tidal wave of 50 million poor Indian workers grabbing at any job that they can take from an American? If they are seriously discussing the NAU, you know they have this in mind...

http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/2962

U.S. Immigration Policy on the Table at the WTO
    Sarah Anderson | November 30, 2005

Editor: John Gershman, IRC

In the contentious negotiations leading up to the December 13-18 World Trade Organization (WTO) summit, the big drama has centered around agricultural trade and whether the richer countries will grant expanded market access to commodities from the Global South. However, there has also been a battle brewing between developing countries and the U.S. government over immigration. Led by India , several countries are demanding expansion of U.S. visa programs for temporary professional workers.

How did immigration wind up on the table at the WTO? Under the global trade body's General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), governments can regulate the supply of services performed by foreigners. The technical term for this type of service trade is Mode 4. Thus far, the types of visas being discussed are those for executives and highly skilled professionals, such as Indian software engineers who have come to work in the Silicon Valley and other high-tech hubs in the United States . Some developing countries are pushing for the Mode 4 talks to cover less-skilled workers as well.

http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archives ... 06sen.html

The General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), now being negotiated in the World Trade Organization (WTO), is likely to reduce migrant workers to the status of commodities. "Mode 4" of GATS deals with "movement of natural persons," i.e., the migration of people to foreign countries as workers. (Mode 4 of the GATS is one small part within the entire scope of the WTO; see "A Map of the WTO.") GATS Mode 4 does not deal with immigration, as in people from one country moving to, and settling down in, another. It deals only with temporary migrants, who go to a foreign country to work for a limited (often specified) time, for a particular job with a particular employer or to fulfill a specific contract. This category of workers is often called guestworkers.

http://www.focusweb.org/services-indust ... tions.html

SERVICES INDUSTRY DRIVES INDIA GATS NEGOTIATIONS
    Friday, 30 June 2006
    Benny Kuruvilla*
    MUMBAI, June 12, 2006: Since the 2001 WTO Doha Ministerial Conference there has been a fundamental shift in India's position on services. From leading the opposition during the Uruguay Round it is today in the driver's seat in moving forward the GATS (General Agreements on Trade in Services) agenda. In August 2005, India submitted one of the most ambitious revised offers. During the Hong Kong Ministerial in December 2005 India broke ranks with its long-standing allies and supported, and in fact drafted, key sections of the infamous Annex C that sanctioned the plurilateral method (a group of countries jointly demanding market opening from trading partners) of services negotiations. It has coordinated aggressive plurilateral requests made in cross-border supply of services (Mode 1) and movement of labour (Mode 4). India's alliances in services are now commercial, not political. [what?]

As negotiations move towards the impractical December 2006 deadline, reports from New Delhi indicate that India will continue to lead from the front towards wrapping up both a revised services agreement and a new set of market access commitments. This short note provides an overview of the India game plan on services.

Why is the U.S. Post Office using FOREIGN labor?
    are they above the law?
    A friend's son use to work at a big U.S. Post Office hub in Northern Virginia where the mail is sorted. She said that her son told her that all of the job openings were being filled by foreigners. He said the foreigners would then bring in their friends to fill job openings. Maybe this is why our postal service is such a mess. I mailed a letter recently that took 7 days to get to the addressee. I could have hand-delivered the letter in 10 minutes, that's how far the letter had to go.

Hi Coto,

Of course, I don't support anyone breaking the
    law to overstay any visa. I work with lots of
    foreign nationals in various stages of H1B->
    green card -> naturalization. Some of these
    people are real assets to our country. Many
    have been through rigorous selection in their
    country & were educated at their country's
    expense. However, I would like to see all American
    engineers employed first. I am sad that many
    young people don't see engineering as a viable
    profession. The tech meltdown didn't help, but
    other than serving in the military, I don't see a
    more critical skill to be kept at critical mass in
    the US. Personally, I feel that large corporations
    see labor as their highest cost & will try to expand
    supply to dilute costs. I know some conservative
    people see this as a right by people who have the
    capital. Personally, I think you have to balance
    patriotism (primary) & sound business practices
    (secondary). I have been to India many times &
    I can tell you it's a nightmare I hope we never
    have in this country.

Newpilgrim, I much prefere shipping jobs to India than sharing space with illegals and jerks like you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12