Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hidden Law,,,,,,,,Section 287(g)

Has anyone heard about the law that has been hidden from the public?
    Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act(INA) provides the Legal Authority for state and local enforcement to investigate, detain, and arrest aliens on civil and criminal grounds.
    ------------------------

Wonder if that's what Joe Arpaio (sp?) is using to keep from getting sued/fired.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Maybe we should email this information to ICE. Maybe then they will pick Sheriff Arpaio's illegals up and do their job and enforce the law!

They'll find an excuse not to I'm sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's the law we are using in 11 Counties in NC to set up our local law enforcement.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just use this link and we can start passing it around to everyone we know.
    http://heritage.org/Research/HomelandDefense/em994.cfm
    ------------------------

Post some links and some summaries here and I will get something together for us.

I can do a short write up about how the local police structured their application for this along side Congressional offices.

W

Dobbs had this on last night. Is this the same thing?

Tonight, local law enforcement officials are fed up with Washington's inaction on illegal immigration. And they're discovering that they have the power to enforce federal immigration laws themselves. But Washington is refusing to support the battle against illegal immigration on the local level and refusing to support local law enforcement.

Lisa Sylvester has the report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

LISA SYLVESTER, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice over): Alabama state troopers are among the few local law officers in the country who are able to enforce federal immigration laws. They can detain illegal aliens and even start deportation proceedings.

MAJ. CHARLES ANDREWS, ALABAMA DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY: We have encountered individuals since we initiated this program that have been caught smuggling drugs, involved in illegal trafficking of people. We've also encountered individuals who were wanted from other countries.

SYLVESTER: A 1996 law authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to delegate immigration enforcement authority to local police. The training costs $520 per officer, paid by the federal government.

Yet, few jurisdictions are participating. Watchdog group Judicial Watch obtained more than 100 pages of DHS documents through the Freedom of Information Act. They show localities in only four states. Florida, Alabama, Arizona and California have signed up. North Carolina's correction officers are in the process of being trained, and New Hampshire and Texas are awaiting approval.

CHRIS FARRELL, JUDICIAL WATCH: The politicians who address this issue now either need to lead, follow or get out of the way. There's an opportunity for them under the -- under the federal law to partner with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

SYLVESTER: The Federation for American Immigration Reform says the political will is lacking.

DAN STEIN, FED. FOR AMERICAN IMMIGRATION REFORM: It's now been 10 years since Congress explicitly said states can help enforce immigration law. Very little has been done, because we haven't had leadership at the executive level and we haven't had the funding needed to train these folks at the local level.

SYLVESTER: Local law officers have the manpower that the federal government does not have. In Alabama, there are more than 650 state troopers, only seven Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

SYLVESTER: Jurisdictions in 11 states inquired about the federal program. And that list includes Herndon, Virginia, the site of a day laborer center that received national attention. Critics there say that center is being used by illegal aliens -- Lou.

DOBBS: Seven ICE agents, and the federal government, as Casey Wian reporting, Senator Cornyn saying that Americans are skeptical about our government's willingness, ability and motivation to enforce immigration laws or border security.

I wonder where any American would get that idea.

SYLVESTER: That is indeed correct. And this is a perfect example where people are fed up and local law enforcement is stepping in. But again, they have a problem with lack of funding from the federal government. And many people, many localities don't even know that this program exists because the federal government has not done a lot to promote this program -- Lou.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Very little has been done, because we haven't had leadership at the executive level and we haven't had the funding needed to train these folks at the local level.
    Isn't that the truth?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just got back from Painsville Ohio where I'm following up a story on an ICE raid there a couple of months ago.

Will look this section up, copy it, and send it to local police and members of the judiciary since I was just told today their hands were tied by law.

Now we'll find out just how serious they are about enforcement---since their excuse is gone. Or will they come up with another excuse?

My guess is that they will come up with another "interpretation" of the law in an attempt to avoid carrying out the law.

The county, called Lake County, Ohio, was supposedly one of the first to accept the "Mexican Matricula."

I was also told by a police offier that ICE doesn't come and pick up illegals unless they are serious felons (sound familiar?)
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

They`ve already tried to use the cost of training(500.00 per person) as an excuse.

STEVE
    I have a Brother in Ashland, OH.
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast