Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

A high profile arrest and jail ~ Send a message

This is just getting out of hand now , ICE needs to quit playing games ,
    This woman needs to be arrested and given the max sentence in prison , along with the leaders of this so called church for aiding and abetting

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Illegal immigrant vows to stand ground
    HUMBOLDT PARK | Holed up in same church where Arellano held out

January 29, 2008
    BY KARA SPAK Staff Reporter/kspak@suntimes.com

Saying she hoped the fear of God would keep federal agents away, undocumented immigrant Flor Crisostomo on Monday vowed to stay in a Humboldt Park church indefinitely to keep Congress focused on immigration reform.

Tears streaming down her cheeks, a defiant Crisostomo said she did not believe she was breaking U.S. law, nor did she see herself as hiding.
    » Click to enlarge image
    Flor Crisostomo, an illegal immigrant from Mexico arrested at a workplace raid in Chicago in 2006, speaks in Adalberto United Methodist Church where she sought sanctuary Monday to avoid deportation.
    (AP)

Arrested in an immigration raid in April 2006, she was ordered to leave the country voluntarily by Jan. 28. Crisostomo sought "sanctuary" in the Adalberto United Methodist Church, the same church that housed undocumented immigrant Elvira Arellano and Arellano's U.S.-born son Saul, for more than a year.

"I am taking a stand of civil disobedience to make America see what they are doing," Crisostomo said in a statement that was translated into English. Speaking in broken English, she said immigrants are not terrorists but hard-working people contributing to the economy.

"The real problem is the color and the language," she said.

U.S. immigration officials saw the issue differently, releasing a statement that said Crisostomo was given a voluntary departure order Oct. 12, 2006. After an appeal failed in December 2007, she was given 60 more days to leave the country on her own.

"Ms. Crisostomo will be taken into custody at an appropriate time and place with consideration given to the safety of all involved," read the statement released by Gail Montenegro, spokesperson for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
    Children back in Mexico

Montenegro said that it is also illegal to "knowingly harbor an illegal alien," and those who do so can be subject to criminal prosecution.

Unlike Arellano, who was living with her son, Saul, at the church, Crisostomo's three children, ages 14, 11 and 9, live with their grandmother in Mexico.

Crisostomo, 28, left her children in Guerrero, Mexico, seven years ago to work illegally in the United States. She was arrested April 19, 2006, during an immigration raid at a pallet factory where she earned $300 a week.

Arellano lived in the church for more than a year. She left in August 2007 to attend an immigration rally in California, where federal authorities arrested and deported her

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7643 ... 29.article

-------------------------------------
    This is not an illegal immigrant , this i a criminal foreign national thumbing her nose at the people in this country ,

And getting away with it

I agree usanevada. This criminal illegal invader had the opportunity to leave peacefully, but that is now over.

She should be physically removed from that church and tried for obstruction of justice and jailed if found guilty. Upon completion of her sentence she should be put on an INS Bus and be driven to the Mexican Border and returned to her country of orgin.

She is making an absolute mockery of our system and it has to stop (not the first time that has been done on this issue). I would hate to see what happens to an American staging a similiar type of protest in Mexico.

End of story.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Actually they should put her on a plane and take her as far
    south as possible

If they drop her at the border she will be back the same day

they need to start throwing these people in prison , period

I say, raid the church, and throw the book at her. Hard time in the worse federal penitentiary they can find. She has committed a felony.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They need to shut down any "church" that aids illegals in breaking the law. They should never be eligible for tax free status again.

They need to send this stubborn, fully aware that she is breaking our laws, nasty illegal to jail, along with those that keep helping her.

She is openly defiant, aware of all of the laws she is breaking and disrespectful of America. I don't want [MOD EDIT] like this here.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I wish the church members in these places would stand up to there leaders and tell them,if there going to do this then dont expect us to support this place anymore!!

Why is she putting up such a fuss? Just take the bus home, visit with family for a bit, and come right back over. Its quick and easy and she gets a free trip to visit family paid by good old uncle sam...
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement