Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Higher education costs in Mexico/C. America

Am doing some more checking into this, but I was astounded at what I've found so far:

The public universities in Mexico are FREE for Mexican nationals and no entrance exam is required. The Universidad de San Carlos in Guatemala cost about fourteen dollars to register. In general, most public national universities in Central and South America, for example cost less than one semester’s worth of college textbooks in the U.S.

WHY DO WE NEED A DREAM ACT?!?!?!?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

miguelina,

I'm glad you are researching this. I've wanted to know this as well.

Please keep me informed.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican Tuition Waiver Program

http://www.utpa.edu/dept/isa/files/F1finaid.htm

Mexican Tuition Waiver (PASE)

This is a tuition assistance program that is designed only for Mexican nationals who are:
    • studying on the F-1 student visa.
    • planning on returning to their home country after their time of study in the U.S.
    • maintain above a minimum grade point average
    • have not applied for permanent residency in the U.S.
    • who qualifies as having “financial needâ€
    "

U.S. students attending Mexican universities
    1. Submitted by William Celis on October 13, 2004 - 11:46. Education
    I am a professor at the USC Annenberg School for Communication in Los Angeles, and I'm conducting research on American students attending Mexican colleges and universities because (a) it is cheaper and (b) for a host of other reasons, including cultural. I'm told that U.S. students at Mexican universities/colleges aren't just Latino anymore; they are also white, and U.S. students are pursuing a wider variety of majors, from business, law, health professions, bilingual ed, fashion design, etc. Precise numbers are hard to come by, but I'm told that there is a discernable rise in the number of American students pursuing degrees in Mexico, and that Mexican institutions themselves have become more aggressive about recruiting in the U.S. because of NAFTA and other reasons.
    My name is William Celis, and I'm an assistant professor of journalusm at USC. I'm reachable at celis@usc.edu. Not only am I interested in hearing from people who attend/attended college in Mexico, but I'm also interested in what the Latino community itself thinks about this trend. Thank you for reading.
    http://www.nshp.org/forum_topic/by_area ... iversities

When Diane Sawyer did her report on Mexico she reported that the sixth best university in the WORLD was in Mexico City and it is FREE.

I thought everyone knew that and I have been using it for a talking point when I make calls to Senators.

Also,(I do not have the the article) I read that Calderon may pay the students families a stipen while their children are in college.

Why do they need to go to college in the USA ? SO THEY CAN BECOME CITIZENS AND THEIR FAMILES ! It is a shell game no doubt !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the great information. I am using this information while I am emailing and calling on the Dream act today. I want to know why we need the Dream Act if Mexico offers so much?

You might want to contact Allan Wall, who is a US citizen working (english professor) in Mexico- He posts regular articles on his own website- http://www.allanwall.net/

When I am making my calls and emailing, I mention that Mexico's colleges are free. So why should we have our students compete with illegal aliens for enrollment and to make sure the colleges are not overfilled? All of these illegal aliens HAVE A CHANCE of bettering themselves for FREE, and can apply at a later time to come into the country THE LEGAL WAY!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn