Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic activists call for Utah immigration bill veto

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/256496/3/

Hispanic activists call for immigration omnibus bill veto
    The Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY -- Hispanic activists are urging citizens to call Utah's governor asking for a veto of an omnibus immigration bill that would create obstacles for undocumented immigrants looking for housing and jobs.
    SB 81, sponsored by Sen. Bill Hickman, R-St. George, is awaiting final passage in the Senate.
    Hispanics considered a Capitol Hill rally to voice their opposition to the bill, but after a meeting of about 100 people Saturday decided instead to encourage contacting individual lawmakers and an appeal to Gov. Jon Huntsman.
    "We must be very careful. It's easy to say let's march and rally, but we must be sensitive that some legislators don't want that," said Tony Yapias, director of Proyecto Latino de Utah. "At some point we have to do something, but we must be cautious."
    Yapias said Huntsman understands the impact such pressure on Hispanics would have on Utah.
    "SB 81 is the mother of all immigration bills," Yapias said. "We need to be thankful to Gov. Huntsman. I think he understands what it would do to our economy and that immigration reform needs to be done at the federal level."
    SB 81 would allow state and local police agencies to enforce federal immigration laws, force public employers and their contractors to verify a worker's immigration status, and make it a class A misdemeanor to transport or shelter undocumented immigrants. It would also force landlords to evict tenants who are in the U.S. illegally.
    Salt Lake County Assessor Lee Gardner, also at the meeting, said that many from both political parties are working behind the scenes to educate lawmakers and encourage appropriate courses of action. He said the state could lose tens of millions in tax dollars if immigrants leave the state.
    "Write your legislator and our governor expressing support for the veto," Gardner said.
    Yapias said the Hispanic community must exhibit more responsible behavior to avoid causing the kinds of problems that trigger anti-immigration legislation. For example, cars should be licensed and insured, he said.
    Attendee Alvaro Lopez said he came to the U.S. nearly 20 years ago to work and finds the anti-immigration effort confusing since business need both customers and cheap labor.
    "I didn't come here because I wanted to, because I thought it would be fun. I came because I had to. I needed a better life for my family," he said.

I didn't come here because I wanted to, because I thought it would be fun. I came because I had to. I needed a better life for my family," he said.
    Ok, tell it to someone who should care, like your president of Mexico, Calderon! The whole world could make the same argument in justifying their illegal behavior. Unfortunately, we happen to share a border with a third world country in which your people can simply walk into this country.

I have no sympathy for you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YOU are YOUR country's responsibility, senor--NOT ours!

Those moron activsits need to quit trying to speaking for all Hispanics. They forget the fact that there are Hispanics who respect the law and are against illegal immigration.

"You don't speak for me."
    -Col. Al Rodriguez
    a great American and defender of this great nation.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Sign the bill Govenor!!! it is time to show who has guts to enforce our laws!!

>>>(3) NEW "ACTION ALERTS" 2/26<<<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION.....NOW!!!!!
    Lou Dobbs considering run for President (see at link)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105435.html
    STOP "Idaho Mexican Consulate" (What are these consulates up to?)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105401.html
    Missouri Rep. Rod Jetton...Says Americans can take lessons from, illegal immigrants..
    LETS BLAST HIM WITH OUR OPINION OF HIM!!
    Information at this link!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105538.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Does anyone know why Idaho is coming yellow!!

Fixed it!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I didn't come here because I wanted to, because I thought it would be fun. I came because I had to. I needed a better life for my family," he said.
    Isn't that the same reason people rob banks? We should stop prosecuting those poor bank robbers, it is Kleptophobia! (Fear of robbers)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes106
    Those moron activsits need to quit trying to speaking for all Hispanics. They forget the fact that there are Hispanics who respect the law and are against illegal immigration.

"You don't speak for me."
    -Col. Al Rodriguez
    a great American and defender of this great nation.
    And to this illustrious patriotic solidarity can be added: Mr. Joe Loya, father-in-law of unjustly imprisoned Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos; Mr. Raymond Herrera, national rally spokesperson for the Minutemen Project; Ms. Lupe Moreno and Ms. Angie Morfin of Latino Americans for Immigration Reform; Mr. Robert Vasquez, Commissioner of Canyon County, Idaho; Mr. Kenneth Fisher of Concerned Roman Catholics of America, INC, and LOTS MORE!

How can anyone expect the recently arrived hispanics to view themselves as "American" if they only look at political action through an ethnocentric (i.e. what's good for hispanics) lens?

10's of millions in tax $$$ lost? those dollars are generated by the state gov of utah allowing a huge criminal population to exist, and cashing in on the proceeds! sounds more like a state run mafia , buisness as usual in ILLINOIS every day!