Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic-American supportive of ICE raids

A friend just sent me this letter printed in the Rocky Mountain News monday.

As Hispanic-Americans, my family and I are supportive of the long-overdue law enforcement actions taken against those illegal aliens working at Swift & Co. meat-processing plants in Greeley and elsewhere. As a construction worker affected by the influx of illegal immigrants, I am often at home without work during the holidays, while all around me construction is going on.

I cannot get a job at any of the sites because I am not fluent enough in Spanish. My household has experienced this every year since the early '80s.

Each year it has been harder to find a job in my trade, painting. As a native of Denver I have watched a steady decline in our inner-city neighborhoods that are directly related to the presence of illegal aliens. One drive on east Colfax Avenue through old-town Aurora would be point proven. I hope more measures are taken to protect jobs Americans like me so badly need.

David Valdez
    Denver

(kick butt davic and if you need help Im in Engleowood)
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Another brave American stepping forward. We need more like him to speak out.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Re: Hispanic-American supportive of ICE raids

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino

As Hispanic-Americans, my family and I are supportive of the long-overdue law enforcement actions taken against those illegal aliens working at Swift & Co. meat-processing plants in Greeley and elsewhere. As a construction worker affected by the influx of illegal immigrants, I am often at home without work during the holidays, while all around me construction is going on.

I cannot get a job at any of the sites because I am not fluent enough in Spanish. My household has experienced this every year since the early '80s.

Each year it has been harder to find a job in my trade, painting. As a native of Denver I have watched a steady decline in our inner-city neighborhoods that are directly related to the presence of illegal aliens. One drive on east Colfax Avenue through old-town Aurora would be point proven. I hope more measures are taken to protect jobs Americans like me so badly need.

David Valdez
    Denver

I'm in the same boat here in Florida. I have a small printing business that is competeting for contract work. My competetion hires and presently has illegals working for them. They just got the biggest printing contract in the history of the company. The work will be done with 99.9% illegal labor.
    Get this, it will be printing on parts that will be used in the medical industry. I found the article on the internet as they boasted about it to the local newspaper. I'm all for businesses prospering but it concerns me to know that the people they have working have no idea how to accurately take measurements and monitor the printing. So you could end-up with a little too much medication in your body because of this. This is another example of things getting out of control. My business also suffers now because of the harsh stance being taken against the illegals. I have seen a decline in business since the month of August and I'm begining to think that people are questioning my hiring practices since I'm spanish. I have no employees that are illegal and I refuse to hire illegals to work for me. Even if they are spanish or from whatever country they are from. I will not allow my business to become another one of those that hires illegals. I would rather loose it all and go to work for someone than to allow myself to break the law. I have had not work at all for almost a month so I understand what this guy is dealing with. My best goes out to him and his family especially during these times. I've learned to be a survivor and I will get through this. However, others will not and that really is of concern to me.

Griswald, have you posted signs or advertised that you do not hire illegals? Try to send your story to FoxNews. Bill O'Reilly might take some interest in the story. I don't know if he will, but it deserves a shot. People like you help to strengthen the movement against illegal immigration. We need to hear and see more of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    Griswald, have you posted signs or advertised that you do not hire illegals? Try to send your story to FoxNews. Bill O'Reilly might take some interest in the story. I don't know if he will, but it deserves a shot. People like you help to strengthen the movement against illegal immigration. We need to hear and see more of you.
    I have not posted signs or anything. We are actually considering moving to a different area. The owners of the company I compete with have a lot of influence here in these parts. The guy is a snake and he actually owns two companies here. Both companies are staffed with illegals.
    Reporting them at this time would only bring me more problems. They are aware of the fact that I'm on the prowl regarding this issue. They have lost some business to me this year and the customers that come to me have been telling me all kinds of stuff. You know how it is when you are in business, stuff gets around quick. I did e-mail Lou Dobbs, and a guy that is an investigative reporter for ABC. I think his name is Brian Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald

I'm in the same boat here in Florida. I have a small printing business that is competeting for contract work. My competetion hires and presently has illegals working for them. They just got the biggest printing contract in the history of the company. The work will be done with 99.9% illegal labor.
    Gus
    I wouldn't just take this and go under without making a noise. I would try to gather some evidence that illegal labor was there. Sounds like you already know some things. What if you could take a friend along and get "hired" without papers? Or hire a couple of persons to do that. Then make a complaint to ICE with whatever you can get.
    Seek out an attorney that could help you on this also. Gather some numbers. If you bid this with legal labor and you might show the competition underbid by an amount impossible with legal market labor. Each person will have to make their stand wherever they are.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor

Gus
    I wouldn't just take this and go under without making a noise. I would try to gather some evidence that illegal labor was there. Sounds like you already know some things. What if you could take a friend along and get "hired" without papers? Or hire a couple of persons to do that. Then make a complaint to ICE with whatever you can get.
    Seek out an attorney that could help you on this also. Gather some numbers. If you bid this with legal labor and you might show the competition underbid by an amount impossible with legal market labor. Each person will have to make their stand wherever they are.

Thanks for the information. I'm not sitting back on this. I have contacted an attorney to have a talk about the issues. But even doing this has been hard. I have all the facts and I know how the guy operates. I also have incriminating evidence (proof) that he sponsors and aids illegals within his organization. His company name is posted on www.wehirealiens.com
    He has many loyal friends and a lot of influence not to mention
    resources. I have limited resources and I'm just a small business trying to survive. Every decision I make is usually one that involves money and I have to put the business first. Next week I will be meeting with a guy that may be able to help me also. If I go down I will go down fighting.

We'll be praying for you, Griswald, and every honest business owner that is out there fighting this. I hope your story gets some attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino

David Valdez
    Denver

Get this, it will be printing on parts that will be used in the medical industry. I found the article on the internet as they boasted about it to the local newspaper. I'm all for businesses prospering but it concerns me to know that the people they have working have no idea how to accurately take measurements and monitor the printing. So you could end-up with a little too much medication in your body because of this. This is another example of things getting out of control. My business also suffers now because of the harsh stance being taken against the illegals. I have seen a decline in business since the month of August and I'm begining to think that people are questioning my hiring practices since I'm spanish. I have no employees that are illegal and I refuse to hire illegals to work for me. Even if they are spanish or from whatever country they are from. I will not allow my business to become another one of those that hires illegals. I would rather loose it all and go to work for someone than to allow myself to break the law. I have had not work at all for almost a month so I understand what this guy is dealing with. My best goes out to him and his family especially during these times. I've learned to be a survivor and I will get through this. However, others will not and that really is of concern to me.

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you know they are using illegals and can prove it, get a lawyer and see if you can sue that company. it seems to be happening alot more these days

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you know they are using illegals and can prove it, get a lawyer and see if you can sue that company. it seems to be happening alot more these days
    [/quote]

It's easier said than done. I have to pay a lawyer for this. I have to find a lawyer that is willing to take the case. I also have to manage my business which is new and funds are limited at this time. I have contacted an attorney and will be meeting with him to discuss this. I just wonder what the bill is going to be??