Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Latinos actually served in World War 2? I would figure those born in the US who were citizens and had valid addresses to be contacted by the US Army as well as those who enlisted. There were a fair number of Mexican citizens who came to the US to join the US military and were awarded with citizenship. Many later returned home, anyway.

The bigger picture is: 407,000 US citizens died defending the world, including Latin America from two major forces that would have considered them an inferior race fit for enslavement or at least second class citizenhood. Despite what has become a popular notion among "people of color" who harp about American imperialism, this world was ripe for takeover from a number of other races--but the US and its allies valiantly fought to preserve an ethnically diverse community of nations with the greatest guarantee of freedom for all parties. Not perfect, but better than the other likely scenarios.

What did Latin America contribute? For the most part belated declarations of war against the Axis but little practical help, and the need to be prodded by the US to sell us vital commodities or to use their territory for strategic bases. Brazil did send a force early on, numbering 25,000 to the European Theatre. There were about 800 volunteers fron Argentina on the Allied side. And Mexico, quite late in the War, sent a small force to the Philipines and an air squadron that flew a total of 1900 hours, using American aircraft that were exchanged for petoleum.

Americans and British and allied forces freed Northern African Arabs of Nazi invaders and liberated Catholic populations in many nations. My dad was in the African Theatre and the invasion of Italy.

For detailed information of WW2 participants se the Wikipedia article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participan ... rld_War_II
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My father was a bomber pilot - I "demand" that he get mentioned as a "Euro-American"!!

What nonsense. I'm sick of their so-called "demands" on a country that allows them in illegally, and gives them EVERYTHING they need, even though the American people don't like it!

More DEMANDS, I have never seen a more demanding bunch in my life, imagine the impact they could have had on Mexico!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---- "ACTIVE PROJECTS"----PLEASE GET INVOLVED -----
    WILLIAMS IN DC AND NEEDS HELP!!

CALLING ALL ALIPACERS AND LOOKIE LOU'S DO YOU WANT OUR LAWS ENFORCED? PLEASE HELP! LINK BELOW!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=74297
    Stop the "Dream Act" in-state tuition for illegals!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73960
    DIXIE NEEDS HELP ON A PROJECT!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73375
    ALIPAC needs donations to stay afloat and in the fight Please give what you can!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I would say those that feel the need to be recognized all the time are suffering from an inferiority complex. Let's face it, if I came from failed countries knowing that I lacked the courage to fight for change, I would be suffering from an inferior complex too. But instead of dealing with their own weaknesses they attack others and play victim.

Mdlillon, have you seen my thread in the Modbee forum about HB? Hope you will post often in it.

they play victim because the pc ers want someone to control and 'do good' so they can feel supperior. the illegal ...well they just want the money so they play the part.

More commentary on the Mexican demands regarding WWII

The Mexican intrusion into America's history and culture should anger all Americans.
    Their demands will never cease as long as America continues a timid policy of appeasement.
    Diversity has, throughout history, destroyed every country and civilization in which it was attempted.
    Please read the commentary on the Mexican demands regarding WWII at the links provided below. Marge

“Take a bow, Hispanic activistsâ€

"We made a film in which we were not attempting to find out what made people distinct and different, but what made them the same," Burns said.

"We were looking for specific combat experiences. We weren't trying to get every single group lined up."
    It is Mr. Burns film and he should be able to do what the hell he wants with it. If someone were to come into my ofice making demands, their ass would on the street so fast!! Political correctness has gone totally mad!!! More ammo that they don't want to assimilate. be happy to be included, and not make demands to be seperate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12