Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A horsey died last year

The "news" here is full of the sad tale of a Derby horse that died after injuring its' leg LAST YEAR. There has been no mention of KY House Bill 304.

KY: 2008 House Bill 304 (Increase law enforcement powers over illegal immigration)

Introduced by Rep. Robert R Damron on January 16, 2008, to expand definition of identity theft to include, among other things, use of another's identity to gain employment. The bill also expands the ability of local and state officials to enforce federal immigration laws. The bill also prohibits intentional employment of illegal aliens by those who do business with any publicly created entities of government. The bill provides for employers found to be employing illegal aliens unknowingly to avoid prosecution but to, instead, be ordered to file quarterly reports on immigration status of all employees during a probationary period. Any employer found to be employing illegal aliens during a probationary period will be subject to losing its business license. The bill also prohibits any unit of government from directing its employees or agents to not follow the provisions of this bill. The provisions in this bill would become effective on January 1, 2009.
    Referred to the House Judiciary Committee on January 22, 2008.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I contacted him about 3 weeks ago. He emailed back and told me to contact my district reps....which I did and received nothing from them.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Why does it have to wait till january 2009?Those laws are already in some form already on the books,why not enfoce them now.FEBUARY 2008 is better date if they want to pass anopther law they do not entend to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I contacted him about 3 weeks ago. He emailed back and told me to contact my district reps....which I did and received nothing from them.
    Hi moosey,
    I was hoping my fellows were on this. Thanks for the help. The Judiciary Committee is taking testimony from citizens with the chair giving continuing warning that this is a federal responsibility. Yeah, they won't answer. They're busy holding up the carpet for the sweep.

This guy might be the best contact on the committee to help get this a vote. He's a straight shooter and courageous.
    Senator Dan Seum (R)

Majority Caucus Chairman

Senate District 38
    Jefferson (part)

Mailing Address
    1107 Holly Avenue
    Fairdale KY 40118
    Frankfort Address(es)
    702 Capitol Ave
    Annex Room 242
    Frankfort KY 40601

700 Capitol Ave
    Capitol Room 319
    Frankfort KY 40601
    Phone Number(s)
    Home: (502) 749-2859
    Annex: (502) 564-2450
    Capitol: (502) 564-2450
    Email Address(es)
    Annex: Dan.Seum@lrc.ky.gov
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)