Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hospitals: Doing The Work That The Government Refuses To Do - Medical Repatriation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Hospitals: Doing The Work That The Government Refuses To Do - Medical Repatriation

Hospitals: Doing The Work That The Government Refuses To Do.
    Posted by Steven Newman on May 20, 2013 at 1:40pm

Written by Mockarena
    05/20/2013

A clever and competent reader posted this article on our facebook wall today, and it really caught my interest.

According to that sourcelink, hospitals in at least 15 states have forced illegal immigrant patients to return to their home countries, in a practice called "medical repatriation."

I don't know about you all, but I find that completely awesome. Seeing as how our own government won't let states enforce immigration laws already on the books (See: Arizona), I think it's perfectly fabulous that there's a workaround to remove illegal immigrants who not only broke the law to get here, but now want healthcare too.

But not everyone sees it that way. The director of the "Center for Social Justice" at Seton Hall University in NJ says, "I think most people have no idea that this is going on. Just because someone is undocumented from an immigration perspective in this country, the hospital can’t endanger them when they’re at their most vulnerable.”

First of all, calling someone "undocumented from an immigration perspective" is the dumbest way to refer to an illegal immigrant ever.

Secondly, I would be really truly surprised if any hospitals practicing medical repatriation are "endangering" their patients.

Thirdly, I totally agree with her that most people probably don't know this is happening.

Word needs to travel far and wide so that illegal immigrants think twice before clogging up emergency rooms and hospitals looking for free care. I wish employers would be stricter about not hiring illegal immigrants too - so that FINALLY there would be no incentive for illegal immigrants to keep coming here.

But yeah - this medical repatriation thing? I'm all for it. The dude who wrote this article?

Not so much. He writes, "The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution protect all persons from being deprived of life, liberty, and due process of law; our Supreme Court has long held that unlawful immigrants are persons. Additionally, the power to deport immigrants rests in the hands of the federal government, not the states and certainly not local hospital staff. With the standard procedure for deportation known as an order of removal, immigrants retain the right to appeal to the courts. With medical repatriation, patients have no recourse. People like Jimenez and Marlene have no power and no voice in their own destinies."

Cry me a freaking river.

Criminals don't get a voice in their own destinies?

Perhaps they should have thought about that BEFORE BREAKING THE LAW!

Further, he writes, "How can we stop hospitals from illegal, unconstitutional deportations? The first step is to ask Congress to enact laws punishing hospitals that practice medical repatriation. Without harsh penalties in place, hospitals may not be incentivized to halt the practice or at the minimum, ensure that patients are truly stabilized before transporting people in dangerous conditions.

We must spread the word among local politicians, and ask hospitals to train staff in the intricacies of working with immigrant populations. The removal of bars to Medicaid would encourage hospitals to improve the standard of care given to the undocumented."

Yeah. By all means, punish hospitals for trying to NOT spend millions of dollars on people who have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE. By all means, get Congress involved - because look how well they've managed the illegal immigration problem so far. By all means, expand Medicaid to illegal immigrants

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/it...-refuses-to-do

http://patriotaction.net/profiles/bl...msg_share_post
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7 View Post
    Posted by Steven Newman on May 20, 2013 at 1:40pm

Written by Mockarena
    05/20/2013

A clever and competent reader posted this article on our facebook wall today, and it really caught my interest.

According to that sourcelink, hospitals in at least 15 states have forced illegal immigrant patients to return to their home countries, in a practice called "medical repatriation."

I don't know about you all, but I find that completely awesome. Seeing as how our own government won't let states enforce immigration laws already on the books (See: Arizona), I think it's perfectly fabulous that there's a workaround to remove illegal immigrants who not only broke the law to get here, but now want healthcare too.

But not everyone sees it that way. The director of the "Center for Social Justice" at Seton Hall University in NJ says, "I think most people have no idea that this is going on. Just because someone is undocumented from an immigration perspective in this country, the hospital can’t endanger them when they’re at their most vulnerable.”

First of all, calling someone "undocumented from an immigration perspective" is the dumbest way to refer to an illegal immigrant ever.

Secondly, I would be really truly surprised if any hospitals practicing medical repatriation are "endangering" their patients.

Thirdly, I totally agree with her that most people probably don't know this is happening.

Word needs to travel far and wide so that illegal immigrants think twice before clogging up emergency rooms and hospitals looking for free care. I wish employers would be stricter about not hiring illegal immigrants too - so that FINALLY there would be no incentive for illegal immigrants to keep coming here.

But yeah - this medical repatriation thing? I'm all for it. The dude who wrote this article?

Not so much. He writes, "The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution protect all persons from being deprived of life, liberty, and due process of law; our Supreme Court has long held that unlawful immigrants are persons. Additionally, the power to deport immigrants rests in the hands of the federal government, not the states and certainly not local hospital staff. With the standard procedure for deportation known as an order of removal, immigrants retain the right to appeal to the courts. With medical repatriation, patients have no recourse. People like Jimenez and Marlene have no power and no voice in their own destinies."

Cry me a freaking river.

Criminals don't get a voice in their own destinies?

Perhaps they should have thought about that BEFORE BREAKING THE LAW!

Further, he writes, "How can we stop hospitals from illegal, unconstitutional deportations? The first step is to ask Congress to enact laws punishing hospitals that practice medical repatriation. Without harsh penalties in place, hospitals may not be incentivized to halt the practice or at the minimum, ensure that patients are truly stabilized before transporting people in dangerous conditions.

We must spread the word among local politicians, and ask hospitals to train staff in the intricacies of working with immigrant populations. The removal of bars to Medicaid would encourage hospitals to improve the standard of care given to the undocumented."

Yeah. By all means, punish hospitals for trying to NOT spend millions of dollars on people who have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE. By all means, get Congress involved - because look how well they've managed the illegal immigration problem so far. By all means, expand Medicaid to illegal immigrants

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/it...-refuses-to-do

http://patriotaction.net/profiles/bl...msg_share_post
    NYC has 10 hospital that close down . why the illegal immigrants not only Mexico . let say all,other country
    yes free bee it has to stop