Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House Rep's email's block thoughs outside their districts

Some of the reps in WI have email blocks set up to block any email not in their district. Just a heads up.

See? They KNOW they are going against the will of the American people and they don't want to hear it! That's ok, I am off from school tomorrow and I have ALL DAY to call each and every one of them and I may call over and over and over.....................
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Re: House Rep's email's block thoughs outside their district

You lie. Use their own address and phone as your address and phone in the form email. If using third party email, use a free email service like Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc and just sign your name as being from their district
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    Some of the reps in WI have email blocks set up to block any email not in their district. Just a heads up.

I am using their website email links. Thats all i have and that took nearly 45 minutes to track those down in my state. I cannot afford to call them my phone bill was $120 this month.

Iig

Work-around

If you mean that the state field is stuck to WI, even if you try to change it, I have a suggestion. I get my lips through the door by inputting their state government office address and their phone number, if it is a required field. At the end of my message, I'll let it be known that I'm from another state. But I emphasize that I am an American contacting them about a national issue. I have a right to be heard as such. Often, their web contact form defaults to their state, but if you click into the field, you can change it. They just won't send you a reply, which is ok by me.

Here's what I've sent to Lou Dobbs, Anderson Cooper, Bill O'Reilly, Rep. Tancredo and Hastert, Sens. Feinstein, Boxer, McCain, Kennedy, Sessions and counting:

I am stunned by passage of McCain/Kennedy senate bill. My most valuable possession, my vote, is threatened like never before. Mexico doesn’t want to settle for torturing bulls for fun. Now, they have a more satisfying past time: sticking us between the shoulders. American businesses are making the spear tips, affixed by the Senate to the ribboned lances, which they hand to Mr Bush, while he spit polishes the sword of President Fox. I have not yet begun to fight.

Why not a reasoned argument? This is unusual for me, for I usually send my reasons in calm, firm and polite terms. But today, I'm just plain outraged.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

Re: Work-around

Yes, that is what I was trying to tell this poster in my prior post. You use THEIR OWN ADDRESS AND PHONE in the required fields on their web email form. And if you go directly to the government site, you don't have to search the web for 45 mins. They are all listed right there with contact info
    Quote Originally Posted by Iig
    If you mean that the state field is stuck to WI, even if you try to change it, I have a suggestion. I get my lips through the door by inputting their state government office address and their phone number, if it is a required field. At the end of my message, I'll let it be known that I'm from another state. But I emphasize that I am an American contacting them about a national issue. I have a right to be heard as such. Often, their web contact form defaults to their state, but if you click into the field, you can change it. They just won't send you a reply, which is ok by me.

Here's what I've sent to Lou Dobbs, Anderson Cooper, Bill O'Reilly, Rep. Tancredo and Hastert, Sens. Feinstein, Boxer, McCain, Kennedy, Sessions and counting:

I am stunned by passage of McCain/Kennedy senate bill. My most valuable possession, my vote, is threatened like never before. Mexico doesn’t want to settle for torturing bulls for fun. Now, they have a more satisfying past time: sticking us between the shoulders. American businesses are making the spear tips, affixed by the Senate to the ribboned lances, which they hand to Mr Bush, while he spit polishes the sword of President Fox. I have not yet begun to fight.

Why not a reasoned argument? This is unusual for me, for I usually send my reasons in calm, firm and polite terms. But today, I'm just plain outraged.

Iig
    Indeed Barkway, I meant to quote Jezzabel but forgot. Hey, I think we just illustrated just how resourceful the American people can be when provoked by stupid Senators.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones