Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Housing Slump Take a Toll on Illegal Immigrants (sob)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    The growing season is barely starting in the Central Valley. Demand for farm workers will peak in the summer, at around 450,000. But many growers are concerned that tight border controls will continue to cut deeply into their labor force and that, as happened last year, crops will be left to rot in the fields.
    I always say, let the crops rot. Obviously since Americans were not willing to pay the slightly higher (legal worker) price for them, these crops were not needed in the first place.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by RealID
    At $25. an hour this one guy can afford a mortgage in the US, and build a home in Mexico? All this as an illegal. Absolutely amazing.

How come legal citizens can't afford to do this?
    Because we pay taxes and for our health care and food. If an American gets paid $25 an hour, they only have maybe $10 an hour left for housing after taxes and food and health care. Illegals keep all their wages plus us taxpayers pay for their health care and kids food and housing. Remember if they are employed for cash or with a fake SSN they can claim no income and get welfare benefits.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bowman,
    I agree, let the crops rot, but with all those unemployed illegals, it won't happen.

I have no problem paying more for USA made. I would rather be safe than sorry. Sure it can sometimes break the budget, but in the long run we keep our country together. I just get so fed up with all this and its long running standing.

Someone has to wake up and smell the coffee! We seem to be in a fight for our lives, livelihood and country......what happened?

More Americans have to get their heads out of the sand & realize we seem to be in a high stakes poker game here, with citizens the big losers.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    At least they CAN go home when the income dries up here.

My sympathy is for my fellow citizens - we ARE home and we are suffering. My husband was fired when he got a diagnosis of cancer - and replaced by two German engineers under H1B visas - that's right, it took two of them. The company got all kinds of tax write offs for their salaries/expenses on which they paid no taxes. After two years he finally got another job at less than half of what he was making before.

I am so sick of this country extending the welcome wagon and benefits and giveaways to foreigners at the expense of citizens and taxpayers I don't think I can stand it anymore. I think we should be able to get some free medication to prevent us from going ballistic.
    GoPatriot...it is illegal to fire an employee because he/she has cancer. Have you contacted an attorney about this?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

A nation's FIRST responsibility is to its OWN citizens, NOT foreigners, and CERTAINLY NOT ILLEGALS!

The houses that the illegals built here a falling apart. The contractors hired them because they were such hard workers and were faster then the American workers. The "American workers were slower because they were doing it right and doing a good job wheres as the mexicans were fast but didn't know what they were doing so you get what you pay for. Good or fast but you can't have both.

Deport the illegals I could care less what happens to them just so long as they are deported.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Hand

Deport the illegals I could care less what happens to them just so long as they are deported.
    I thought I was the only one who wants to see them deported. It's the only expansion of government power I'd support. Send the ICE officers out looking to fill up shiny new vans with people to put on planes.

I am pretty sure the housing market problems are largely to blame on illegals. Cheap labor means more people can't afford to buy houses while a larger population means that houses are in higher demand.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

GoPatriot...it is illegal to fire an employee because he/she has cancer. Have you contacted an attorney about this?
    He was fired because they suddenly made him move to Chicago - he had been working out of the airport anyway and flight schedules better in Atlanta. It was never a problem until he got cancer (and needed daily radiation treatments and chemo). Since I carried the healthcare, you know and they knew we couldn't move - or we would now be living in a box under a bridge. They did fire another engineer and said he was too old and too expensive, he did sue and won. Because my husband was in a fight for his life, literally (Stage 3 colon cancer), we had bigger battles. He now is healthier than his former company although the money sucks but we have had to learn to live more carefully, which will indeed come in handy now.

There is a mean part of me that is actually enjoying the economic downturn - it will affect the illegals and those that hire them the most. As Martha Stewart would say, "That is a good thing." We have a Level 4 drought here, no outdoor watering, so landscapers have been hit hard as well. They were the biggest offenders. Oh well - Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    The growing season is barely starting in the Central Valley. Demand for farm workers will peak in the summer, at around 450,000. But many growers are concerned that tight border controls will continue to cut deeply into their labor force and that, as happened last year, crops will be left to rot in the fields.
    This makes no sense--Article states how many construction workers are unemployed. But the farmers/growers are so concerned about tight border controls cut deeply into their labor force so crops will be left to rot in fields like last year--hire the unemployed construction workers. The growers don't need to recruit even more workers from the other side of the border.

Fences make good neighbors.
    Well said!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    He was fired because they suddenly made him move to Chicago - he had been working out of the airport anyway and flight schedules better in Atlanta. It was never a problem until he got cancer (and needed daily radiation treatments and chemo). Since I carried the healthcare, you know and they knew we couldn't move - or we would now be living in a box under a bridge. They did fire another engineer and said he was too old and too expensive, he did sue and won. Because my husband was in a fight for his life, literally (Stage 3 colon cancer), we had bigger battles. He now is healthier than his former company although the money sucks but we have had to learn to live more carefully, which will indeed come in handy now.

There is a mean part of me that is actually enjoying the economic downturn - it will affect the illegals and those that hire them the most. As Martha Stewart would say, "That is a good thing." We have a Level 4 drought here, no outdoor watering, so landscapers have been hit hard as well. They were the biggest offenders. Oh well - Karma.
    I'm very glad to hear your husband is doing well now. It kind of puts life in perpspective, doesn't it?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast