Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How About Doing This

I have been giving a lot of thought as to what should be our next step in battling this illegal immigration issue. These are my thoughts and everyone is welcome to weigh in. We keep hearing reports that some are going to try to submit 1348 again in a few weeks. Personally, I don't think they will, but we should be ready just in case. However, I think we should get the jump on them first by letting them know ahead of time where we stand, and it may just change their minds. I think a lot of the hate mail Feinstein was referring to was from the other side, so I think it's important to keep our letters to a certain degree of courtesy, yet remaining firm. It's always beneficial to let the opposition look like fools.

In the meantime, we can keep an eye on the House to see what direction this thing will take there.

Next I thought it might be helpful to let them know what we think the solutions to this problem should be so they can't accuse the American people of complaining without offering a better way to fix this.

Anyway, it's just something to think about over the week-end, and please jump in with suggestions. We are all in this together.

Below is a final draft of the letter I am going to send to all of those who voted for Cloture, plus a few more, letting them know why this Grand Compromise won't fly.

Dear Senator:

When this ā€œgrand compromiseā€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree that we need to keep hitting them with letters, faxes, emails, phone calls, letters to editors, etc. Keeping in mind that they are getting thousands of letters, I suggest making an outline of your letter listing your strongest points. (Remember the note cards we made for term papers?) Then write the letter and keep it to 3 or 4 paragraphs on one page. They simply aren't going to read anything longer. Try to use positive terms and avoid accusatory phrases; i.e. "Please enforce existing laws," not "You have failed to enforce the law."

Good points.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: How About Doing This

[quote="tinybobidaho"]I have been giving a lot of thought as to what should be our next step in battling this illegal immigration issue. These are my thoughts and everyone is welcome to weigh in. We keep hearing reports that some are going to try to submit 1348 again in a few weeks. Personally, I don't think they will, but we should be ready just in case. However, I think we should get the jump on them first by letting them know ahead of time where we stand, and it may just change their minds. I think a lot of the hate mail Feinstein was referring to was from the other side, so I think it's important to keep our letters to a certain degree of courtesy, yet remaining firm. It's always beneficial to let the opposition look like fools.

I totally agree with you. You expressed my feelings and many other Americans' feelings exactly. Unfortunately, the attention span of these people is a nano second unless it benefits them. According to MSNBC this morning, they are going to work on this bill at least until the 4th of July. I, too, wish Americans could vote on this issue. In Arizona, we proposed four initiatives against illegal aliens and all four passed overwhelmingly in the last election. You're right also that we have to have a Plan B, in case it passes. We didn't really "kill" this bill. We only wounded it.

That's why we have to keep at them until they let go of this damn amnesty idea. If we poke at them enough, they'll fall over.

Snail mail?

Tiny: What do you think about adding a snail mail campaign and trying to flood their homes with letters? We could just make a hard copy of the email and send it. I mean - do both. Send the email to the senate offices and the hard copy to their homes.

Snail mail to their offices is taking several weeks because each letter is scanned for poison now. I don't know about their homes addresses. But do we really want to spend all that money on stamps? That's a lot of money at .42 each. Roughly 2 letters for $1.00. That's fifty bucks each time we send them out. Plus 2, if you send one to their office, so that's $100 for each of us each time we snail mail.

And most of them have several residences, making it unlikely they would
    all receive them.

Back to the drawing board

I was thinking more like each person sending a letter to the senators in their state. But you are right about the letters being scanned. The P.O. is probably instructed not to deliver mail to their private residence.

Yeah, Nouveaux, and it would take so long because if this thing is going to pop again this week, we may not have time, although it is a good thought.

Here's another idea. You could write something short and to the point and use a postcard. A big bonus is that postcards only cost 26 cents each.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast