Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is the plan if the House holds and the bill does not pass?
    If you mean what's the governments plan, Bush will pressure the Senate to reintroduce the bill next session.

If, as it now appears likely, the Republicans get clobbered in November, it will then be much easier to get it passed on the next go round, and it will probably be an even worse bill than this one is.

If you're wondering what will be done to secure the border, it will be the same thing being done now, only with less diligence.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

So now we have two sides that are not satisfied.

Is it safe to say that we're winning so far, due to national guards and a proposal to build a fence??..

Minus the amnesty that we are receiving in the senate bill, I think that we're winning so far.

Anyone else??

arrested for stealing ID's? OH NOOOOOO, our Senators just passed a bill that will allow them to collect earned income tax credits in arrears for the years they were here working illegally EVEN IF UNDER A STOLEN ID OR SOC SEC NUMBER. They are being rewarded for their law breaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Why would they show up to pay back taxes, fines and are they even up for arrest if they stole our ID's???

They will continue to do the samething they are doing now.....and our government will continue to turn the other way, while making us pay for them!

I am a little puzzled by the 'in the shadows' idea.

They don't look to me like they are in the shadows.

I don't have any sense there is any provisions in this for any real enforcement. I think it is giving them amnesty, SS, the keys to the city and a deed to the country -

The troops on the border and the fence - is just talk- it is intended to make us think theya re doing something.

After all, this President has supposedly spent billions, reshuffled our entire intelligence and emergency departments, sent troops to the other side of the world all in the name of terror - but has refused to close or even monitor our borders.

What makes anyone think that he is going to do it now.

He is the 'decider' and he has 'decided' he is going to do nothing about the border.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by UScitizen
    So now we have two sides that are not satisfied.

Is it safe to say that we're winning so far, due to national guards and a proposal to build a fence??..

Minus the amnesty that we are receiving in the senate bill, I think that we're winning so far.

Anyone else??
    The Senate has made building the fence subject to the approval of Mexico.

No, I'm not kidding.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Here is an idea of how the Pro-illegals feel Massachusetts

What the opposition thinks about the senate bill passing: From a Pro-illegal website here is Mass:

http://www.miracoalition.org/press/p...-passes-s.2611

5/25/2006 5:05 pm - Boston, MA – Today the U.S. Senate passed immigration reform legislation that is better than House legislation passed in December 2005 (HR 4437), but falls short of fundamental principles held by the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition.
    Perilous Road Ahead for Immigration Reform as Senate Passes S.2611

Boston, MA – Today in a 62 to 36 vote, the U.S. Senate passed immigration reform legislation that is better than House legislation passed in December 2005 (HR 4437), but falls short of fundamental principles held by the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition.

In sharp contrast to HR 4437, the Senate bill (S. 2611) attempts to address the reality of America’s reliance on its immigrant residents and its continuing need for the many contributions of immigrant workers. However, the bill includes many provisions that would make the process needlessly difficult, punitive and even inaccessible for vulnerable workers and their families. As passed, S. 2611 would still leave out millions of people who have been contributing to our nation.

"Senator Kennedy’s tenacity successfully defeated the Republican leadership’s desire to force through an enforcement-only bill," said Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "However, there is still much work to be done for this legislation to realistically address the multitudes of problems created by our broken immigration system."

Noorani concluded, "Moving into what will be a highly charged conference committee, we strongly advocate for a bill that increases opportunities for legal immigration, allows all undocumented immigrants to get in line for citizenship, and protects all workers. Any bill short of fair treatment and justice of all immigrants should not reach President Bush’s desk."

Pay back taxes? That's a joke. They go to pay taxes and they qualify for earned income credit and wahla, they get a refund! Learn english, not! They made english the national language but then they put in that no one will be punished for not speaking english. Pay a fine, NOT, when they get the $6,000 tax refund *earned income tax credit* for 3 years of taxes they paid and have to pay $1.500 fine, they just came out with $4,500 for coming forward to pay taxes. So they have more rights than we have with this bill. If they have been here for 5 years then they will only have to pay 3 years taxes. What the hell we had to pay 5 years taxes for 5 years and most of us didn't get the earned income credit. We need to demand 2 years of taxes we paid back.

Even if it does not pass the house...Then what? We are right where we are today. No border security, social services at a breaking point with more and more coming over, nobody enforcing the laws.

What is the plan if the House holds and the bill does not pass?
    If the House does not reconcile their bill with the Senate, no bill will be passed. They (government) would or should be forced to enforce the current laws.

What irritates me is that we have strong laws passed in 1986 that contained serious consequences for employers who hired illegals. The stuff put out of the Senate this week gives amnesty to those jerks.

IF the employers guility of encouraging this mess were fined we might be able to offsett Jorge's spending spree. Seriously! That law has fines up to $250,000.00 and fifteen years in preson. It had teeth to it. Our NEOCON presidents elected after Regan just ignored it.

I think the best thing to do is work with the systems that have been established as a result of the debacle. Wehirealiens.com has a great thing going. I am not sure but I suspect the Feds are required to investigate complaints. So enforcement would be up to citizens to keep supplying information to ICE.

I think citizens should become more actively involved in their State legislature and push for immigration reform laws at that level that protect the States from the financial ramifications they have endured.

The fact that free medical and other social services are not available to them could make our country less attractive. If employers actually get prosecuted job opportunities will decrease and perhaps (stuipid optimist that I am) maybe they will return and work on the failings of their own government.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

It's like a cosmic joke. Those who favor amnesty say You can't deport 12 million people, Yet the senate says we will track them to be sure they were in the country 5 years, pay fines learn English, pay back taxes. stay out of trouble keep a steady job brush their teeth etc. Sure sounds like it would be easier to fill up the line of buses extending to Canada that Kennedy described (maybe he was having dt's).
    After the senate passed the bill CNN did a blurb for the road runner dsl acknowledging that the 1st 10 years would cost more than 1/2 a trillion and the 10 after that much much more because they can then bring their families.

The only thing that we can hope for right now is that the house and senate hammer this out...finding that no compromise will be reached...they instead opt to enforce our current immigration laws. That way no amnesty will be given to employers that hire illegals. citizens must continue to report companies hiring these illegals and anyone who breaks the laws of the US.

Take away the magnet...take away the illegals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12