Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    The anchor baby bill is the only new bill we need at this point . With the rest of the illegal issues we can simply follow and enforce the existing laws .
    Except that some legislators will add their special interest immigration wish list to other bills in Congress under hidden cover. This would become a "scatter plan" for passage. We need to watch our for some of this stuff.

MW
    hope wrote:

Against anchor-babies :

Senators

58 Senators ?? so far ?
    I think you mean 58 Representatives. This bill is coming out of the U.S. House of Representatives. No big deal, just thought I'd make that minor correction for you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Note, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) isn't on the list of coosponsors.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with fighting the 14th amendment (anchor baby) issue...and I agree we need to fight the Mexican truck drivers...I agree we need to put pressure on securing the borders, etc. - BUT - as a group, don't you think it would be better to see what strategies and issues William is going to prioritize for us to rally around this next week, first?

It may very well be that we are strong enough to deal with all of these issues simultaneously...but my only concern is that in our efforts to fight all of these things at once we will dilute our effectiveness by spreading our voices and focus too thin.

If we ask the American citizens to rally around too many issues at once, we can overwhelm them and they won't participate at all. I just think that we should for now, sit on our enthusiasm to carry the fight further into enemy territory and wait to see what William has planned.

Just a thought...
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

It has actually be argued that this is infact NOT what the 14th means.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Key word is Jurisdiction. Does the US Governemnt really have jurisdiction over illegal immigrants?

Was not until June 15th, 1982 that Illegals were able to be citizens (Plyler vs. Doe). Also, this decision did not directly pertain to "anchor babies". It was implied and infered. Isn't this about the time that illegal immigration exploded?
    This decision needs to be revisited!

The dissenting minority agreed in principle that it was unwise for illegal alien children to be denied a public education, but the four dissenting justices argued that the Texas law was not so objectionable as to be unconstitutional; that this issue ought to be dealt with through the legislative process; that "[t]he Constitution does not provide a cure for every social ill, nor does it vest judges with a mandate to try to remedy every social problem"; and that the majority was overstepping its bounds by seeking "to do Congress' job for it, compensating for congressional inaction".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Nathan Deal

Good for Rep. Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan
    I agree with fighting the 14th amendment (anchor baby) issue...and I agree we need to fight the Mexican truck drivers...I agree we need to put pressure on securing the borders, etc. - BUT - as a group, don't you think it would be better to see what strategies and issues William is going to prioritize for us to rally around this next week, first?

It may very well be that we are strong enough to deal with all of these issues simultaneously...but my only concern is that in our efforts to fight all of these things at once we will dilute our effectiveness by spreading our voices and focus too thin.

If we ask the American citizens to rally around too many issues at once, we can overwhelm them and they won't participate at all. I just think that we should for now, sit on our enthusiasm to carry the fight further into enemy territory and wait to see what William has planned.

Just a thought...
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Without a law on anchor babies this last week achievement is very short lived because every day more and more of them are eligible for the chain migration - the illegals will not leave . They will wait until their children reach the voting age and then all of us will have to speak Spanish ,

At the same time if we organize the problems , so the designated areas are made for different problems / I take the anchor-baby as an example / then it would be easier for William to work on the ones which he thinks are the most urgent . It would be easier for us too instead of looking through the clutter with many similar posts just to choose the one we want to contribute and keep accumulating the info an dthe progress - nothing would be missed this way
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Hope, nobody is saying we're not going to do it, but it will take all of us to make it happen. And CostaMesaMan is right. William may have other priorities to start on. It doesn't mean you stop working on it, because we are going to need all the info we can get when we get ready to tackle it. But as a team, we're only going to be able to handle so much at a time. And don't forget, the people we will have to email and fax on the anchor baby thing is probably the House first and they have 435 members. That's a lot of emails and calls for all of us.

I know you feel pumped because of our victory. So do I. My God, I'm proud of us! Who would've ever thought we could've beat Congress?
    And I'm itching to put more notches in my belt, too, but be patient. We'll kick their butts again and again. But one victory at a time.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bttt

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast