Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HUNTER FIGHTING TO OVERTURN HOUSE DEMOCRATS FENCE REDUCTION

Header
    HUNTER FIGHTING TO OVERTURN HOUSE DEMOCRATS FENCE REDUCTION

* * Democrat Spending Bill Harmful to Border Security* *

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 18, 2007

Washington, D.C.–Presidential candidate Congressman Duncan Hunter returned to Washington this morning to immediately begin his efforts to overturn provisions contained in a Democratic spending bill that eliminates current legal requirements for double-layered border fencing. Congress last year passed legislation authored by Hunter, the Secure Fence Act, mandating double-layered fencing and related infrastructure at strategic entry points along the Southwest border.

"Now is the time when those who take the threat to our nation's borders seriously stand up and be counted," said Hunter. "Last year, Congress successfully passed legislation that mandated a double fence requirement based on the success of the border fence we've built in San Diego. The Democrat majority in this Congress has taken it upon themselves to overturn federal law to pursue a policy that does nothing but harm our border enforcement capabilities. This is not leadership, it is irresponsibility.

"Border enforcement is too serious of an issue to pursue only when politically convenient at election time. If Congress is to reverse its border stance after just one year, what message does that send to illegal immigrants and drug smugglers who are watching to see how serious we are about protecting America's borders? I believe we must uphold our nation's immigration laws, support our agents serving on the border and protect our border communities and I am going to make every effort to overturn the damage this Democrat leadership has caused."

H.R. 2764, a bill that provides funding for several federal departments and agencies, was brought to the House floor and passed late last evening by the Democratic leadership. Not only does the bill contain provisions removing all specific locations as outlined by the Secure Fence Act, it also removes all requirements to construct any fencing or physical barriers along the border. This action basically repeals the Secure Fence Act and undermines past efforts to secure our nation's border.

H.R. 2764 has been referred to the Senate for consideration and then will be returning to the House with any changes in the form of a conference report. Congressman Hunter is working with his colleagues in both the House and Senate to ensure that these dangerous provisions do not remain in the final version of the funding bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go get em Duncan! Let those scumbag traitors know what they really are! We are going to have to pound the Senate to keep them from passing this bill!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Numbers sent out an alert on the fence reduction by the Democrats. Please take action.

OK let's see what radio hosts will get the information out. We need to make sure they know and take it on like a bulldog. They need to name names that got into office touting an anti-illegal immigration stance then double-crossed the American voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Numbers sent out an alert on the fence reduction by the Democrats. Please take action.
    Is it a cork board alert? I haven't gotten it yet.

Nice. I think I received that email, didn't open it - but it was an "alert".

I don't know what our country is coming to when this happens. The funding is approved, voted - and now is being yanked.. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING THIS!

I am sure Bush and his Neo-Con cohorts will endorse this because if the funding for their wars are in there, they will overlook the "BORDER" which they have been overlooking for many years now.

Can we get a vote list and a list of who's new in the House so we can more accurately target those traitorous liars?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

I don't know what our country is coming to when this happens. The funding is approved, voted - and now is being yanked.. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING THIS!

I am sure Bush and his Neo-Con cohorts will endorse this because if the funding for their wars are in there, they will overlook the "BORDER" which they have been overlooking for many years now.
    These are the House Democrats and Huchinson. (See article in News Section)

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-555197.html#top

Banned
    Hutchinson has a big hand in this along with Reid and Piglosi

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

These are the House Democrats and Huchinson. (See article in News Section)

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-555197.html#top
    I see some items in there that "could" go to illegals... so they are cutting the fence to fund non-citizens? I am not saying this is the case but there are some educational items in there that DOES NOT specificy between legal and illegal recipients.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast