Thread: I am cynical

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am cynical

I just don't trust politicians.

On this subject of illegal immigration, Tancredo, is the only one who has been speaking out for years.

You would think the rest of the government just found out about the subject and are suddenly jumping on the bandwagon.

The politicians are vulnerable, and they need to do something to keep the people happy - but not upset the applecart with their contributors - that's the employers, folks.

It just looks to me like the house passed a very strict - and sensible bill. I think, however, they knew it would be stripped by the Senate and I think they knew the Senate would add the guest worker program to it.

Call me cynical - but I think we are been treated to a game of charades.

If these people had wanted to do something, not just placate the voters, they would have done it long ago.

I think we need to vote them all out - except Tancredo. I mean everyone of them. Just think about it - we would be giving Tancredo instant seniority - maybe he could then get something done.

A recent poll said 90% of Americans had a very poor opinion of Congress - but when asked about 'their man', 90% thought their man was a great.

That is the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    It just looks to me like the house passed a very strict - and sensible bill. I think, however, they knew it would be stripped by the Senate and I think they knew the Senate would add the guest worker program to it.

You are so right. They just wanted to "put it off" until they got a reaction from American citizens. They LOVE to talk and make promises they cant/wont keep.
    Senator Feinstein is on c-span right now, giving her whole history of where her relatives came from. I just want to slap her.
    Politicians just love to sound SO KIND AND SYMPATHETIC TOWARD ALL OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Its sickening!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Compromise"

I keep hearing the word "compromise" being tossed about by both parties. I am so cynical that I wont be surprised that all this is for not. The politicians will put their concerned and angry faces on in an attempt to satisfy the majority of the citizens they represent, all the while, selling them out and turning the blade ever so deeper in the backs of U.S. citizens. Who will they "Compromise" to? How can you compromise when most of the citizens in this country want something done and your job and duty is to carry out those desires, but they will somehow do just that, ignore the concerns of their constinuents. I don't mean to be a downer and I hope I'm wrong, but what kind of track records do they have.
    <div align="center">I am in favor of making a thorough trial for peace, and if we fail in this and our state is invaded, to defend it with terrific resistance. - [i]to his nephew, January 1861

*General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson<

One Texan to another - I absolutely believe it was a done deal before it began.

Some of these house members just learned a couple of months ago that we had a problem????

No they knew they were vulnerable this election and they knew people were angry - so I think they came up with this song and dance and hope once again, we would fall for it.

Let's vote all of them out - every one of them. Can a new slate do any worse? Let Tancredo have absolute seniorty -

As for the Senators - I think it is time to put them out of their cushy little nests up there - all of them. If next time around, one of them has tireless worked for us - then we might consider them - but I just don't see them changing.

I think the ones we put out of office will be knocking on the door of lobbying offices, or foreign government offices. I think they will all go to work against us - as so many of our past elected and appointed officials have done.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)