Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am a first generation American

If I may, I like to share with you the letter my daughter sent to Senator Kyl regarding illegal immigration.

Dear Senator Kyl,

There are millions of US workers that are out of jobs and would be happy to work doing ANYTHING.

The fact that "Big Business" is paying off politicians to allow cheaper workers to come in so they can make a bigger net profit is completely transparent and sickening - to what measures will some American's go to make sure that other Americans will not be able to find work or pay for their families basic needs.

I completely understand that people are coming here for a better life - but until we make sure that all of OUR CITIZENS are taken care of, we have no right to adopt the issues of foreign people.

Please keep in mind that there are Americans;
    -Picking fruit in the fields (my 52 year old uncle picks fruit)
    -Working labor (construction companies are going out of business because illegals are under cutting them)
    -Service fields (hotel workers, customer services, etc)

The issue is not cheaper workers - the issue is insuring that our citizens have the ability to go to work and make a living. We have so many people on the streets in desperate need of a hand up and our government is only concerned with getting cheaper labor for "Big Business"

Sen. Kyl, let us do the math - If the guest worker programs goes through more illegal workers will come through, Mexicans would be stupid not to take advantage of the "Weak" USA. Then, most of the American public that does not have a high school education or at least a high school diploma will be out of jobs because a "Guest Worker" or "Illegal" will do for 2 to 3 dollars less. Then we will have an even higher surge in unemployment (keeping in mind that those who are no longer receiving unemployment insurance are no longer counted in census information). So not only would these jobs be lost from our LEGAL citizens, but also the divide between Rich and Poor will dramatically increase. It is not acceptable for ANYONE to work below minimum wage! What kind of life could anyone, illegal or legal, provide to their family on 3 to 4 dollars an hour?

Lets insure that American's come first - and once we're able to help our own, we can extend a helping hand to the people of Mexico looking for a better life. Because the way things are going, “the sleeping LEACH” will suck out great nation dry of all her resources.

I appreciate your work Senator Kyl. Many thanks for reading this.

P.S.S. I am a first generation American, born of LEGAL IMIMGRANTS.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

That's great. Must make you proud.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent piece keep writing.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)