Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Am An Un-Hyphenated American

I Am An Un-Hyphenated American
    By
    JadedByPolitics
    – April 6, 2011

That makes me a minority. You see, it is the separation of races, classes and ideologies that makes this Country more divided then it has been since the Civil War. There are those that believe the 60s and the Civil Rights Movement divided the Country, but more people stood on the side of morality and for Black civil rights, then the number of Democrats who did not. The problems inherent in dividing us, is that one group learns to despise another group, usually for political purposes involving Democrats. You won’t see Republicans focus on separating racial groups, and they don’t play the class warfare card, as they believe everyone wants to succeed and be rich one day. Republicans do waffle on ideologies, with some being as socially liberal as the Democrats, (we intend to excise them from the Republican Party). The worst part about hyphenating identification for people is that one group will inevitably be placed above another because of the numbers in their ranks. Today, the new “minorityâ€

After years asking my family about our heritage and them having zero clue, I decided to try and solve the mystery on ancestry.com. I got WAY more than I thought I would.

We came here 30 years after the Mayflower from England and stayed in the Virginia/North Carolina area for a couple hundred years. W might be interested to know that Sherril's Ford NC was founded by my distant grandparents! We then moved to Texas in the 1840's and helped establish Panola County.

Before America, I traced us all the way back to the year 650 ad. Emporor Charlemenge of the Holy Roman Empire was my grandfather, and so was King Henry the I of France.

So if I were going to be un-American, I'd a be Norse-Roman-French-Swedish-Bavarian-Welsh-Irish-English-American. I am very happy to have connected to my past, but it IS in the past. I'm an American.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Banned
    I am American grown in Arizona of Indiana decent.
    And I have a BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO PROVE IT! Even after 52 years. Proud to show it to anyone that asks.
    I am the minority now. I sure fell that way. Older and real Americans.
    A dieing proud working class that have been replaced by the chosen
    ones.

Cuz!

Sounds like your family history and mine are much the same. Two
    branches came over in the 1600's and eventually settled in Virginia. Still
    not sure about my Father's family, I know they were Scots-Irish
    from Pennsylvania that eventually ended up in indian territory in Arkansas
    and Oklahoma. Through a long series of events ended up in Texas and
    combined to make me.

I'm a French-Norse-Scottish-Irish-American Indian-American.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

i've asked my father many times about my families ancestory ...

he says we come from a galxay far far away , then he mumbles something about the dark side of the force ...

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

he says we come from a galxay far far away , then he mumbles something about the dark side of the force ...
    Lol, mine said something about a petri dish and a brain from someone named Abby Normal....

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    After years asking my family about our heritage and them having zero clue, I decided to try and solve the mystery on ancestry.com. I got WAY more than I thought I would.

We came here 30 years after the Mayflower from England and stayed in the Virginia/North Carolina area for a couple hundred years. W might be interested to know that Sherril's Ford NC was founded by my distant grandparents! We then moved to Texas in the 1840's and helped establish Panola County.

Before America, I traced us all the way back to the year 650 ad. Emporor Charlemenge of the Holy Roman Empire was my grandfather, and so was King Henry the I of France.

So if I were going to be un-American, I'd a be Norse-Roman-French-Swedish-Bavarian-Welsh-Irish-English-American. I am very happy to have connected to my past, but it IS in the past. I'm an American.
    Just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylr2D4Pwn58

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

"My son asked me where we come from!" never mind I get yelled at enough!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DarthIllegal wrote:

Great post Darth.

For the most part the Hispanics have the same heritage, but there is more advantage for them in developing themselves as a separate "race".
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I traced my family back.Mine also landed on the Mayflower traced that back to Ireland from the ODonald clan.Family traveled thru Virginia to Kentucky and settled marring into some Indian Americans.I dont call myself Irish american or Native american i call myself a minority american.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast