Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am very upset about this...

i am posting this because an issue has come up that i think involves the community.

my husband (you all know as moogy) was permanently banned today by the alipac president william. this wasn’t just a username ban but an ip ban which banned everyone at our house.

what concerns me is that the moderators agreed to reinstate the thread moogy posted on with a minor edit apparently he did not break the rules enough to warrant a ban. the problem came when william started sending private messages to moogy stating that he heard moogy had badmouthed a moderator.

moogy stood his ground and said the post didn’t break the rules (something about not using guns and using tazers). william said that moogy was advocating violence and they had to be careful not to be labeled as a ‘hate group’. william then decided to ban moogy for a week because he didn’t like his pm response and that moogy was being insensitive. moogy told him he hadn’t done anything wrong and he had full rights on sharing information on how people can defend themselves against assault and we was not supporting violence in any way. williams response was to ban him permanently.

i was the one who originally got my husband on these boards and he has been participating for months. while I know he can be very aggressive and stubborn he is not a violent or problem causing person.

i read the messages back and forth and i am very upset. its one thing to perma-ban somebody for cruel or mean behavior towards other members. its another thing to permaban them because of private messages that go back and forth that did not break any rules. messages that were just a conflict of opinion.

my husband has been mailing out references to these forums to dozens of people the last few months and now he is treated like this because he posted something that might have been taken improperly even though the intent was not wrong and finally banned because the owner doesnt like his private responses.

i am very upset at this and i think the community needs to know what happened. william seems to be big into accountability for the politicans that have gotten us where we are now but what about accountability for his mistakes? tossing out members that make valuable contributions and support the community for personal reasons is just wrong. what happened was wrong and it should be looked into.

Kabooki,

Nobody likes to get the boot, but every effort was made to work with Moogy after he made a post involving weapons and when a moderator corrected he took after the moderator in public.

When I approached him via PM, he was completely unapologetic so he got the one week ban.

Then he approached me by e-mail and was even more abstinent, then he got the permaban.

We hate to lose anyone but when I have to spend an hour of my day on a 16 hour work day like today dealing with someone that wants to tell us why they don't think the rules apply to them, well that's all she wrote.

This website is not a self defense coarse and we do not advocate discussions about carrying weaponry to protests.

The rules also clearly state to contact a moderator via PM as a first course of action if you take issue with a moderation action.

I do not appreciate you or your husband making such demands of my time or the time and energy of our volunteer moderators while we are fully engaged in activities to help this nation.

Wish you lots of luck with your future endeavors.

Farewell.

William Gheen

PS: Mods, anymore of this mess and nuke the posts and immediately ban.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)